Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Whatever I might criticise Solskjaer for, I've never for a second regretted getting rid of this guy.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
No that's not true at all. We defended him when the team was doing well and are now calling him out for being awful when the team is shite. You guys just shouted loudly at how much you hated him throughout the entire time.
It’s hurtful when the bad boy convinces you they’ve changed only to feck you over and move on. You’ll be just as bitter in time

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yep, I saw plenty of Spurs fans laughing at United after his initial purple patch, saying the problem was Man Utd all along, and not because of Jose.
Who were these 'plenty of spurs fans'? It's obvious Utd had problems though and so do we. Jose making it worse though.

RashyForPM

Worst performance by a top 6 team this season if we discount Arsenal and add in Leicester. Disgraceful if I’m being honest. Outplayed and outfought, with very few chances while Brighton still managed to win despite missing at least 8 opportunities, including an open goal.

Pretty funny to watch. I moan about Ole, but Mourinho’s football is so much worse.

The Firestarter

Worst performance by a top 6 team this season if we discount Arsenal and add in Leicester. Disgraceful if I’m being honest. Outplayed and outfought, with very few chances while Brighton still managed to win despite missing at least 8 opportunities, including an open goal.

Pretty funny to watch. I moan about Ole, but Mourinho’s football is so much worse.
Yeah, did you watch us against Sheffield ?

Member 101269

Swap mou for poch what has changed? The team ultimately are as inconsistent as ever

El Zoido

Who were these 'plenty of spurs fans'? It's obvious Utd had problems though and so do we. Jose making it worse though.
Not just here, the internet in general. Reddit and twitter for example. I do feel for you, he’s a disaster and the effects of his tenure will take time to undo. Maybe less so for you than it was for us (because our two previous managers played their part in that too).

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I don't know, we have serious problems with the squad with a huge amount of investment needed. Jose needs to go soon though and it would be nice to see an attacking manager in. No idea who though.
I would get rid of him and bring in someone till the end of the season and then go for Nagglesman. There will be a lot of competition for him. So if not him, then the Southampton manager. If not him, then not sure. People may say Rose, but i have never watched his team play, so i dont know.

Nagglesman is really impressive. Just the movement of his players is unreal. It is Guardiolaesque.

shahzy

No that's not true at all. We defended him when the team was doing well and are now calling him out for being awful when the team is shite. You guys just shouted loudly at how much you hated him throughout the entire time.
Yeh sure some said they disliked him. I'm more so talking about those of us who said he's still playing the same shit on a stick football he did at Utd, only difference being Son and Kane are pulling him some wins. Or in other words, hoping the two upfront can win it for him while the rest of the team has no gameplan in attack.

Note the similarities. His finished at this level and football has passed him by

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Tottenham look terrible and Mourinho doesn't seem to be the guy who can pull them up. They've regressed massively from the start of the season.
I hope he stays but it's becoming rather unlikely. They probably need to make a decision soon.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That smug article about 6 weeks ago saying Jose had them as "genuine title contenders" in half the time Ole had been in the job looks hilarious now.

As long as Tottenham fans know this season will be their peak under him, then they can deal with the inevitable fall out with a star player and meltdown swiftly after.

League cup and 5th looks their best bet this season.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Maybe;; investment or perpetual inconsistency with the manager being blamed
These players were shite under Poch last year too. Many of them have been utterly shite for almost two years now. Massive clear out required no matter who the manager is.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I would get rid of him and bring in someone till the end of the season and then go for Nagglesman. There will be a lot of competition for him. So if not him, then the Southampton manager. If not him, then not sure. People may say Rose, but i have never watched his team play, so i dont know.

Nagglesman is really impressive. Just the movement of his players is unreal. It is Guardiolaesque.
Can't see Nagelsmann going there. Someone on the Spurs forum at half time said they should have sacked Mourinho weeks ago and brought in Tuchel before Chelsea did.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Will he be there next season?

I'm not sure where Spurs go from here tbh, but surely if Mourinho is the answer in 2021, you're asking the wrong question.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He's doing a fantastic job. Only needs to get Son thinking about leaving and it will be a Mourinho masterclass.

JustAGuest

What bigger club will want to take a gamble on him after this? I wonder what's next for him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It seems to me like they already have some good players so it's a good place to go for another manager. Two massive disappointments too so the pressure shouldn't extremely high too.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Can't see Nagelsmann going there. Someone on the Spurs forum at half time said they should have sacked Mourinho weeks ago and brought in Tuchel before Chelsea did.
I was actually just thinking that.

I think the Southampton manager is a good bet.

::sonny::

Reached his best at Inter in 2010, after that period stopped to develop his football and getting worse and worse

Brophs

The One and Only
In fairness, the poor fecker must be knackered from commuting from the Lowry every morning.

Last edited:

nikineil

Wait. So you lot are Jose out already? Has he even had one complete season yet? If he wins the Carabao cup as expected, well that buy him more time for you?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Whatever I might criticise Solskjaer for, I've never for a second regretted getting rid of this guy.
And he's still cleaning up the mess he left behind. Doesn't get the credit he deserves Ole. He's had it tough here with how Jose left us.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Will he be there next season?

I'm not sure where Spurs go from here tbh, but surely if Mourinho is the answer in 2021, you're asking the wrong question.
Not in league position, can see Spurs finishing 8th or 9th at this rate.

I think they'll gamble everything on europa league so that will mean fielding weaker teams in prem towards end of season. Said it weeks back but it will be exactly the same as 16/17 in terms of how season will pan out for Mourinho. Probably good for them league cup final will be played late April as they'd have little chance of taking out Man. City in three weeks.

SeanyC

Think Rafa will go there as a stop gap while the will hunt for a better manager, Naglesman won’t go there, too good for them in my view. Feel sorry for Mourinho a bit, how a world class manager has fallen so much since his second Chelsea stint is head scratching even though his football is so out dated. I think he should go back to Italy or Portugal for while, build his reputation again.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't know, we have serious problems with the squad with a huge amount of investment needed. Jose needs to go soon though and it would be nice to see an attacking manager in. No idea who though.
Do you have money to invest with 600m debt? Or you need to sell one of Son or Kane first? Should have keep Pochettino, he’s the perfect man who can work with low budget.

James Peril

Hehe, there is no way Nagelsmann will join Spurs. He will have much better job offers. Right now it kind of looks like they will take the Southampton-manager, it worked the last time. But is he really that good? Difficult to tell when they are doing well, then shit and back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.