Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He has an uncanny ability to predict things.

Mourinho destroying Mbappe :drool:
He gets the best out of elite attackers. Mbappe would have his best season under him. Mourinho's tactics are perfect for Mbappe.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Anyone who didn't watch the Roma game?

You think Spanish, South American teams are great at shithousery? Roma today topped it all.
This was one of the greatest shithousery games of all time by any team ever. I can't stop laughing.

Going down every minute, faking injuries, winding up opponents, kicking second balls into the game, disruptive substitutions, keeper going down, wasting time near the touchline.......

Mourinho didn't even let Leverkusen play their patterns once. They broke everything up. :lol:

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Back to back European finals and the bad PR from picking back to back impossible jobs in England washing away.

What a man :drool:

Irwin99

I never liked his methods and the summer before he left was one of the most miserable times to be a United fan, but geez, another final. He's probably going to be remembered very fondly at Roma, as well as Porto, Inter, and Chelsea. The guy gets results (except at Spurs but well, that's a Spurs thing)

fergiethegoat

Another European final for Jose
Say what you like about him and his time here and his failure at Tottenham but the man's a legend of the game and once again proves form is temporary class is permanent

Oranges038

You think Spanish, South American teams are great at shithousery? Roma today topped it all.
This was one of the greatest shithousery games of all time by any team ever. I can't stop laughing.

Going down every minute, faking injuries, winding up opponents, kicking second balls into the game, disruptive substitutions, keeper going down, wasting time near the touchline.......

Mourinho didn't even let Leverkusen play their patterns once. They broke everything up. :lol:
Even better than Porto?

Ted Lasso

Was just thinking Inter should ring him up to consult for the CL final. I'm sure he's still in good standing.

always_hoping

didn't watch nor had i any plans to do so. The match stats speak for themselves, typical Jose park the bus shithousery tactics

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I want him back at one of the big boys next season im sorry
+1

The perception of him being past his best comes from him starting to take B-tier jobs since his second Chelsea spell. (United obviously not being a B tier job in terms of club profile but in terms of everything else - absolutely).

This should be enough for him to return to his true level.

marktan

Master in shithousery.

Any chance he's up for a double European final by part timing at Inter too? I'd be a bit more confident in Inter if they let Jose install some of the dark arts into them before the game.

Gandalf

+1

The perception of him being past his best comes from him starting to take B-tier jobs since his second Chelsea spell. (United obviously not being a B tier job in terms of club profile but in terms of everything else - absolutely).

Certainly it should and I am convinced PSG would have already won a CL or two if they had hired Jose.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We were 1 minute away from beating this cnut. We could've taken Leverkusen too I bet :(

JagUTD

+1

If you could loan a manager in for one game or a couple of games, Jose would be the guy you'd want up against a heavy favourite.

Eddy_JukeZ

Here come the Jose fans trying to retcon his past failures.

Why would any top club employ him now?

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Certainly it should and I am convinced PSG would have already won a CL or two if they had hired Jose.
Man City as well.

They would have had the same number of Premier Leagues (albeit with less 5:0 wins along the way) but would not have constantly exited to inferior sides and needed all the other top clubs to go to shit at the same time to finally win it.

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
Reminded my of the semi-final with Inter in 2010.

Roma played very defensively, but nullified Leverkusen most of the time. They had only two real chances, the rest were just desperate tries from outside the box. Brillant how Roma disrupted the flow of the game all the time. :drool:

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on

What failures?

Roma will have like sub 30% possession. Probably concede 20 shots and 10 corners. They might fluke a goal and then every single Jose fan will scream 'masterclass'.
Actually Sevilla's current manager is also known for pragmatic attacking, no one will be particularly keen on commanding possession.

JagUTD

I think he's quite happy in Roma. Not to many of the top clubs would hire him tbh, he'd probably pick up trophy's but the games moved on.

Roma is perfect for him now. He'll reach emperor like status there if he wins the Europa.

wangyu

He gave joy and finals to the fans of AS Roma. they must be very proud for consecutive European finals and rightly so. Great achievement by the players and manager.

Irwin99

Not exactly a fan but I respect him more than I do Pep. Managers like Klopp and Jose have had some pretty amazing achievements at clubs where that level of success wasn't expected or they've had to revive a fallen giant. Hope (and expect) ten Hag will do the same here :D

JagUTD

Also, just because his tactics are shite, the fact he is able to implement them consistently in big games successfully does kind of make them masterclasses.

Gandalf

Well top clubs have been employing Graham Potter, Frank Lampard, Christoph Galtier and Julian Nagelsman in recent times to name a few, none of whom has accomplished a fraction of what Jose has in the game. Dislike his methods all you want but he has won almost everywhere he has been and may well have won a trophy at Spurs of all places if they hadn't bottled it and dumped him 6 days before the final.

saivet

Not sure about this. He's not won the CL since 2010 and hasn't made a CL SF since 2014. I don't think him managing Neymar and Mbappe would end well for him either.