Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

KeanoMagicHat

Why was Mourinho playing like minnows against 7th in Bundesliga? He was hardly against Barcelona.

TheGame

They are lucky if the opponent were missing chances left, right and center and they were hanging by a thread. They didn't. Do you even know what "lucky" means?

The last sentence is the epitome example of you having nothing to say.

Next time watch the actual full 90 minutes before talking that confidently about a game you only watched a Youtube 5 minutes video about it.
They did feck all, all match and the opposition had chances to score. They got lucky but hey you must be one of the people who believe this to be a Mourinho masterclass. In what world is a side who have 1 shot the entire match not lucky to go through?

So you watch the full 90 mins of each match you comment on? Is everyone on this forum only allowed to comment on matches where they watch the full 90 mins. I'm sure your past history only involves commenting on player performances and matches where you've only watched 90 mins right? Someone better tell the mods and everyone then.

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He's probably a legend there already, but failed at United.
Failed in his last season yes, but up to that was good with trophies.

Anyhow, I'm not discussing his time at United, he's doing a damn good job at Roma.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He should have done better at Serie A, this was the perfect season for a top 4 spot if you bare in mind the amount of points Inter and Milan lost this season.
Roma bottled it in Serie A but if they win Europa League the average domestic campaign will be forgiven.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He is, that's his level at this point of his career.
Yeah probably.

Buts he's doing a very good job, and they could have a very successful season and end it with yet another European trophy and Champions League football, not bad for a team that have been underwhelming in recent seasons pre Jose.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
He is, that's his level at this point of his career.
Would you mind elaborating on this ? He is not a player. With the squad he has, he is achieving excellent results.

If he was in charge of KdB,Haland and co, I do not see why he could not challenge for the CL

Real Name

Would you mind elaborating on this ? He is not a player. With the squad he has, he is achieving excellent results.

If he was in charge of KdB,Haland and co, I do not see why he could not challenge for the CL
I will elaborate. He's competing in Italian league which is few levels above PL and he's not doing great there either. Cup competitions he's good in.
That's his level and PL obviously wasnt anymore while he was with us and generally in his career.
If you think he'd challenge for CL with City you should think twice. He'd train them to play park the bus football and they wouldnt shine as they're shining now, thats for sure.

Dont get the he's not a player part? Managers can be at their level or cant just like the players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Sure why not, Jose was winning countless CLs with Ronaldo, Modric, Ramos, Pepe, Varane, Di Maria, Ozil, Benzema. If only he made KdB and Haaland.

Pintu

No he is not… He went out of Coppa Italia losing at home to Cremomese and he is 6 points behind the main objective of the season (top 4).

Their Europa league campaign is really good result wise. Salzburg, Feyenoord and Sociedad + Leverkusen… That is not at all an easy route for Roma. But you gotta wonder how much luck played into that. I haven’t watched enough of the European games to judge but I’ve heard a lot about shithousery in both the return leg at Scoeidad (0-0, 2-0 on aggregate) and yesterday of course…

They also needed that 89th minute magical moment from Dybala to overcome Feyenoord.

Last edited:

Red Star One

If you think he'd challenge for CL with City you should think twice.
In six seasons at City Pep, with unlimited money and unprecedented power, managed to win a 0 of the Champions Leagues. If I think twice or thrice, give Jose the same time and backing, and I think he wins more CLs in that period, worst case the same amount, surely not less.

Real Name

In six seasons at City Pep, with unlimited money and unprecedented power, managed to win a 0 of the Champions Leagues. If I think twice or thrice, give Jose the same time and backing, and I think he wins more CLs in that period, worst case same amount, surely not less.
Why should I give him the backing since he's now at Roma?
Do you really want to compare Pep's and Mourinho's results right now?

el3mel

They did feck all, all match and the opposition had chances to score. They got lucky but hey you must be one of the people who believe this to be a Mourinho masterclass. In what world is a side who have 1 shot the entire match not lucky to go through?
You clearly don't understand what "lucky" mean. Being lucky means the oppositions were wasting sitters and chances all the match, which didn't happen. Roma were very comfortable during the game and Bayer did feck all with most of their possession. Roma didn't attack, but they weren't under threat of conceding for most of the game.

So you watch the full 90 mins of each match you comment on? Is everyone on this forum only allowed to comment on matches where they watch the full 90 mins. I'm sure your past history only involves commenting on player performances and matches where you've only watched 90 mins right? Someone better tell the mods and everyone then.
Is this for real ? I comment on things I watched. That's common freaking sense, otherwise I'll look silly and ignorant talking to people who actually watched the game. That's like entering a discussion about a topic you know nothing about and keep on replying on people who have spent time reading and studying it. You look ignorant in from of them but you keep on going regardless.

Watch matches before saying if the winner was lucky or not. Hell, I can't believe I have to say this.

Pintu

Sure why not, Jose was winning countless CLs with Ronaldo, Modric, Ramos, Pepe, Varane, Di Maria, Ozil, Benzema. If only he made KdB and Haaland.
Given 5/6 years he would certainly have won it ultimately both for Madrid and for City… He got Madrid very close to the final after years of mediocrity in Europe.

But for those clubs it is not worth the cost. He is no longer capable of dominating a league season the way he did in his first Chelsea spell (and to some extent With Inter and Madrid that 1 season… ) And he is even less capable of making it season after season. The failure to build on our good 17/18 points tally is the ultimate proof.

Pintu

In six seasons at City Pep, with unlimited money and unprecedented power, managed to win a 0 of the Champions Leagues. If I think twice or thrice, give Jose the same time and backing, and I think he wins more CLs in that period, worst case the same amount, surely not less.
But in 7 seasons Pep would 1 and make it very difficult for anyone to pretend they’d have done better.

Sakura

People just want to hate this guy so bad instead of admitting our higher management is at fault.

Still the most successful manager we had since Fergie.

Just a born winner, wins everywhere he goes even at lower teams. Would have even won at Spurs if they didn't sack him.

KeanoMagicHat

Given 5/6 years he would certainly have won it ultimately both for Madrid and for City… He got Madrid very close to the final after years of mediocrity in Europe.

But for those clubs it is not worth the cost. He is no longer capable of dominating a league season the way he did in his first Chelsea spell (and to some extent With Inter and Madrid that 1 season… ) And he is even less capable of making it season after season. The failure to build on our good 17/18 points tally is the ultimate proof.
‘Given 5/6 years’ but that’s the whole point with Mourinho, he burns the place to the ground after 3 years every time, publicly slating staff, players, club or anything that comes in his path.

Chelsea the second time for example, he was doing a perfectly good job and then he completely fecked it with the unnecessary physio beef. He followed up winning the league with Real Madrid to getting paranoid and focusing on rats in the dressing room, falling out with Casillas, Ramos etc. United he was going alright and then he starts that ridiculous football heritage speech and starts being grumpy and erratic in press conferences to the point it starts to affect results and ultimately gets sacked.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Pep spent 6 years at City, 3 at Bayern and he didn't win any. Jose was in downward spiral already, I don't think he would have won any CL.

If it was peak Jose then yea, maybe.

Real Name

People just want to hate this guy so bad instead of admitting our higher management is at fault.

Still the most successful manager we had since Fergie.

Just a born winner, wins everywhere he goes even at lower teams. Would have even won at Spurs if they didn't sack him.
@roonster09, I'll leave this one to you. :D

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Why was Mourinho playing like minnows against 7th in Bundesliga? He was hardly against Barcelona.
Yeah it‘s one thing playing like this occasionally against good teams but another playing like this most of the time.

I remember even in his prime (it may even be a game against us/SAF) where after the game he said „I asked my players if they want to enjoy the game or after the game“. I mean what kind of question is this. I can’t think of many if any top managers who would say this. Why not enjoy both, the game and after the game?

He has shown in his La Liga winning season that he can play a more attacking brand but it’s just not his nature so it seems he doesn’t feel comfortable doing it.

He may still be the best to park the aeroplane in a one off game. But once upon a time he was winning CLs like that. Now it’s mostly against EL level teams. His level has dropped significantly.

Also this „fight for your life for me, defend with everything, us against the world“ approach works at clubs and with players who haven’t seen huge success for ages. It worked for 2-3 years with Chelsea first time, he only spent 2 years at Inter and made them believe that with his tactics they can finally win the CL again and to his credit he did.
Then he went to Madrid with the same mindset telling their players he has just won the CL. Ramos replied: so what, we have just won the World Cup. That’s the first time when at a huge club like Madrid players weren’t prepared to blindly follow everything he said. They questioned him. So it was him who needed to adapt more to them then Madrid did to him.
Still that experience broke him/changed his „invincibility“ and since then apart from a few smaller trophies the only big one was his league title with Chelsea in 2015 and even then it was a shocking title defence the following season.
People are saying give him City’s squad he would do as well. No way, even if you take away the play style City teams play, very few managers can win the league again and again with the same club/set of core players. Even with attacking football and winning trophies, players get used to it. They take success granted really quickly. Other teams catch up. If you then after 2,3,5,7 … years don’t regularly offer them something different, new ideas and inspiration, they will stop believing in you and performances and results will start getting worse. That’s why most managers actually leave a club after 2-3 years and even if they stay, further success is limited.

Jose even in his prime has never shown that he can stay longer than just 2-3 years somewhere and here his legion of fans are telling us that we should have backed him more or he would have Pep like success at City.

Last edited:
Reactions: Theonas

Judas

Open to offers
I am a bit surprise just how many Utd fans still worship him after his miserable and toxic time here? He really does know how to charm people of a certain type.

Tap

So glad we got rid of this guy. Such a dinosaur. What a shite way of playing football.

Leverkusen 23 shots 6 on target.
Roma 1 shot 0 on target.

Roma go through with a 0-0.

What a way to play football. :lol:
More than happy to have such stats if we can beat City in the FA Cup final with A lucky goal or own goal.

None of that “rather lose 3-4 playing exciting football than win 1-0 parking the bus” bs when it comes to trophies and cup competitions.

TheGame

You clearly don't understand what "lucky" mean. Being lucky means the oppositions were wasting sitters and chances all the match, which didn't happen. Roma were very comfortable during the game and Bayer did feck all with most of their possession. Roma didn't attack, but they weren't under threat of conceding for most of the game.

Is this for real ? I comment on things I watched. That's common freaking sense, otherwise I'll look silly and ignorant talking to people who actually watched the game. That's like entering a discussion about a topic you know nothing about and keep on replying on people who have spent time reading and studying it. You look ignorant in from of them but you keep on going regardless.

Watch matches before saying if the winner was lucky or not. Hell, I can't believe I have to say this.
Why didnt you answer my fecking question? So you watch the full 90 mins of each match you comment on? Is everyone on this forum only allowed to comment on matches where they watch the full 90 mins? I'm sure your past history only involves commenting on player performances and matches where you've only watched 90 mins right? Is watching highlights permissable or must someone watch the full 90 mins? Are the mods imposing a new rule because of this? All the moaning and groaning you do in other threads, so you've watched everyone you moan about for every minute?

The highlights show the surprise 'highlights of the match!' One shot on fecking goal v 20, sat back and parked the bus, Leverkusen hitting the bar and other chances but thats not lucky, its a fecking tactical masterclass, deary me, some of his fans really are a strange bunch.

You got involved in a discussion I was having with another poster to take a potshot, kindly just feck off.

el3mel

Why didnt you answer my fecking question? So you watch the full 90 mins of each match you comment on? Is everyone on this forum only allowed to comment on matches where they watch the full 90 mins. I'm sure your past history only involves commenting on player performances and matches where you've only watched 90 mins right? Is watching highlights permissable or must someone watch the full 90 mins?

One shot on fecking goal v 20, sat back and parked the bus, Leverkusen hitting the bar and other chances but thats not lucky, its a fecking tactical masterclass, deary me, some of his fans really are a strange bunch.

You got involved in a discussion I was having with another poster to take a potshot, kindly just feck off.
Yes, I watch games before commenting on team's or players' performance. If I didn't watch, I'll refrain from commenting on their form in that game, like any normal person will do, not comment first as if I watched, then run to YouTube to watch a 5 minutes video highlights before returning to act like I watched it and have the audacity to argue as well.

And for the second time, that last sentence prove you have nothing to say. You also stopped replying on the original poster you were replying to, because you can't tell him that and close the discussion you have no clue about. Hilarious.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Yeah it‘s one thing playing like this occasionally against good teams but another playing like this most of the time.

I remember even in his prime (it may even be a game against us/SAF) where after the game he said „I asked my players if they want to enjoy the game or after the game“. I mean what kind of question is this. I can’t think of many if any top managers who would say this. Why not enjoy both, the game and after the game?

He has shown in his La Liga winning season that he can play a more attacking brand but it’s just not his nature so it seems he doesn’t feel comfortable doing it.

He may still be the best to park the aeroplane in a one off game. But once upon a time he was winning CLs like that. Now it’s mostly against EL level teams. His level has dropped significantly.

Also this „fight for your life for me, defend with everything, us against the world“ approach works at clubs and with players who haven’t seen huge success for ages. It worked for 2-3 years with Chelsea first time, he only spent 2 years at Inter and made them believe that with his tactics they can finally win the CL again and to his credit he did.
Then he went to Madrid with the same mindset telling their players he has just won the CL. Ramos replied: so what, we have just won the World Cup. That’s the first time when at a huge club like Madrid players weren’t prepared to blindly follow everything he said. They questioned him. So it was him who needed to adapt more to them then Madrid did to him.
Still that experience broke him/changed his „invincibility“ and since then apart from a few smaller trophies the only big one was his league title with Chelsea in 2015 and even then it was a shocking title defence the following season.
People are saying give him City’s squad he would do as well. No way, even if you take away the play style City teams play, very few managers can win the league again and again with the same club/set of core players. Even with attacking football and winning trophies, players get used to it. They take success granted really quickly. Other teams catch up. If you then after 2,3,5,7 … years don’t regularly offer them something different, new ideas and inspiration, they will stop believing in you and performances and results will start getting worse. That’s why most managers actually leave a club after 2-3 years and even if they stay, further success is limited.

Jose even in his prime has never shown that he can stay longer than just 2-3 years somewhere and here his legion of fans are telling us that we should have backed him more or he would have Pep like success at City.
That is a brilliant post. Joses magic only works at teams that perceive themselves as underdogs even if they are not actually. That is why he is doing a good job at Roma and would fail miserably at City for example..different perception of his methods..

TheGame

Yes, I watch games before commenting on team's or players' performance. If I didn't watch, I'll refrain from commenting on their form in that game, like any normal person will do, not comment first as if I watched, then run to YouTube to watch a 5 minutes video highlights before returning to act like I watched it and have the audacity to argue as well.

And for the second time, that last sentence prove you have nothing to say. You also stopped replying on the original poster you were replying to, because you can't tell him that and close the discussion you have no clue about. Hilarious.
Let me get this fecking straight, you watch all minutes of all matches, not highlights but every single fecking minute, yeah right. And you are now telling posters on here that they have to watch all of the match, not highlights to comment on anything, WTF :lol::houllier:

I stopped replying to the other poster because I didn't feel a need to but you decided to wade in and think you were being clever. Instead you've made yourself look like a pratt and just another Mourinho fanboy. Yet you wade in moaning and groaning about other players and everything else in other threads. Very strange individual.

Sakura

I am a bit surprise just how many Utd fans still worship him after his miserable and toxic time here? He really does know how to charm people of a certain type.
I don't know, the fans just look at the results?

We all know it was a toxic time, but the bulk of the toxicity is from the rot at the top.

el3mel

Let me get this fecking straight, you watch all minutes of all matches, not highlights but every single fecking minute, yeah right. And you are now telling posters on here that they have to watch all of the match, not highlights to comment on anything, WTF :lol::houllier:
No I don't watch every game, but definitely comment only on games I watched.

I stopped replying to the other poster because I didn't feel a need to but you decided to wade in and think you were being clever. Instead you've made yourself look like a pratt and just another Mourinho fanboy. Yet you wade in moaning and groaning about other players and everything else in other threads. Very strange individual.
:lol: :lol:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
If you remove the adrenaline that being in a European final gave to Roma fans, and make an objective evaluation, you can't really consider this season as good. They already failed one of the main goals (top 4 position and CL qualification), but if they make it via Europa League win then people will say it was an amazing achievement despite the fact that in domestic competitions the objectives were not completed.