Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

pastyfool

I didn’t think it was handball - arms were in a natural position. The keeper looked to clearly have two feet off his line from what I saw? Everyone knows that VAR check every penalty save so not sure how it was harsh. They’re the rules. Admittedly I didn’t see a replay so maybe he did have a foot touching the line. Like you say - they were finished anyway and that had nothing to do with Taylor as it was VAR.
The VAR on the pen was fine. Both feet were off the line.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Mourinho’s an appalling wanker who’s been dragging football through the gutter for years, with the way he gets his team to play and his own antics. Disgraceful.

I would also like to bang my anti-VAR drum yet again. Still doing feck all to stop paranoid idiots whining about cheating, bias and conspiracies. Even in games where it intervenes to correct a big decision. So what’s the point again?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Taylor had a shocker yesterday, had zero control and was making decisions based on reactions.
He didn’t. He did a good job in very difficult circumstances with two teams involved who are experts in diving, playacting, time wasting and complaining about absolutely everything.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Mourinho’s an appalling wanker who’s been dragging football through the gutter for years, with the way he gets his team to play and his own antics. Disgraceful.

I would also like to bang my anti-VAR drum yet again. Still doing feck all to stop paranoid idiots whining about cheating, bias and conspiracies. Even in games where it intervenes to correct a big decision. So what’s the point again?
That it intervened to correct a big decision in a European final? That really is an incredible take. VAR stopped an awful penalty decision from being given in a huge game but it’s actually not a positive because Jose Mourinho still behaves like a cnut.

wr8_utd

:'(
I honestly don't know what's worse/embarrassing. Mourinho or the Morons who still cheer him on. Disgrace of a coach and one I'm very glad to see the back of at United.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I didn’t think it was handball - arms were in a natural position. The keeper looked to clearly have two feet off his line from what I saw? Everyone knows that VAR check every penalty save so not sure how it was harsh. They’re the rules. Admittedly I didn’t see a replay so maybe he did have a foot touching the line. Like you say - they were finished anyway and that had nothing to do with Taylor as it was VAR.
I was watching a late replay and dozing a bit so I didn't recall seeing a replay of the penalty save. I say harsh because if that had stood it added some great drama to an otherwise horrible shoot out. Same applies for the handball claim (:boring: ) but yeah main point is after Dybala's brilliant opener Roma did sweet feck all.

AshRK

Jose should maybe look at his own style of football than always blaming the refs or opposition. No doubt he has triggered this

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He’s a horrible cnut within any competition situation.

Really brilliant tactician and great man manager for the most part.

Broken human who’s ran out of new ideas. Football would be better off without him now.

T_Model101

I have to admit, I was cheering on his team yesterday. Sevilla were a sickening bunch of cheats.
But the way this guy gives up a good thing for cold hard cash is extremely amusing.
What is he going to achieve at PSG in the CL with his Uber negative defensive football?

RedDevilRoshi

This is what he incites. UEFA needs to punish him heavily.
I don’t like Anthony Taylor but that is just sickening to see, especially when you see how petrified his daughter looks. Of course the instigator in all of this is that toxic twat of a human being - Jose Mourinho. Hopefully he does get punished heavily but unfortunately can’t see UEFA doing that tbh.

Irwin99

I didn't see any controversial referring watching the game- in fact the one key decision that was at the time debatable went Roma's way in that the penalty was overturned.

I saw two horrible teams putting enormous pressure on the ref and trying to get other player's booked/sent off in one of the most unsporting finals in memory.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It seems that he is hell bent on proving to everyone that his methods still work.

To be honest, I was on his side when the match started. I knew what the game plan would be. But I couldn't believe how Roma just gave up playing football from the time they scored and just resorted to park the bus, time wasting tactics. From 35th minute?

And I really don't understand his frustrations with the referee? Terrible tactics, terrible attitude.

Wilt

Ban Roma from next European competition

Suspend Mourinho

Theonas

Scout
As good as he can be and he certainly has his coaching qualities, I really can't recall a single footballing personality who just doesn't seem to like football. It's all about the fight and war of attrition for him. Seems like he built his entire career and ideology as a bitter resentful reaction to being rejected by Barcelona and what they represent. The pettiest successful manager in history.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I only responded because I knew that was where you were heading. Yes, I justify fans of losing teams attacking referees and their families in airports if decisions don't go their way
FFS

frostbite

You said it yourself: VAR can correct a big wrong decision.

Fewer wrong decisions is a good thing, even if VAR is not 100% perfect.

Who cares about "paranoid idiots whining"?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

This is what he incites. UEFA needs to punish him heavily.
Bunch of twats lead by biggest pile of shit, toxic cnut should be jailed for instigating this.

Football will be much better when this guy retires and the people who are like "OMG he is a box office, what a character" should search for new clown for their entertainment.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's had more meltdowns in the last 5 years than me brothers' mother in law who is a flat earther, only consumes organic rice (have no idea what that means) and avoids garlic.

erikcred

Bunch of twats lead by biggest pile of shit, toxic cnut should be jailed for instigating this.

Football will be much better when this guy retires and the people who are like "OMG he is a box office, what a character" should search for new clown for their entertainment.
I think we quickly forget all his antics when he's between jobs.

You've seen him commenting on tv and in interviews when he's not coaching. He's charming as feck. Somehow being on the football field brings out the Mr Hyde in him. He's like Klopp that way.

Varun

Staff
Absolute cnut of a man. That tirade against Taylor in the parking lot and now this. Should be made an example of with a lengthy ban and huge fine.

sepulturite

I only responded because I knew that was where you were heading. Yes, I justify fans of losing teams attacking referees and their families in airports if decisions don't go their way
You have got to be kidding me, your trolling here surely?? Because if your not then your a despicable human.

Ladron de redcafe

Spot on. The dinosaur isn't a good presence in football and he's getting more and more irrational, bitter, and vituperative as he ages.

He is, by most definitions, a "clown" for people's entertainment. But when it stops being fun watching him melt down and becomes sad, (or when the results of his meltdowns are instigating this type of behaviour), maybe football doesn't really need a presence like this.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I dont support what he did and I think he should be made example of and get punished. However, if this was another club, lets say Spurs, Utd or Chelsea, I cannot see the fans doing it. Therefore those grown up adults that abused Taylor should be identified and get severely punished as well. Just because your manager told the ref off in a parking lot after the heat of a match doesnt mean you need to wait for him at the airport and abused his family. Idiots.

erikcred

I dont support what he did and I think he should be made example of and get punished. However, if this was another club, lets say Spurs, Utd or Chelsea, I cannot see the fans doing it. Therefore those grown up adults that abused Taylor should be identified and get severely punished as well. Just because your manager told the ref off in a parking lot after the heat of a match doesnt mean you need to wait for him at the airport and abused his family. Idiots.
That's not what happened at all.

He verbally abused the ref a long time after what can be considered the heat of the match.

He knew exactly what he was doing and that he was in front of cameras. He may not have intended this particular impact on Taylor's family, but he knew very well that it was a distinct possibility and he didn't care.

erikcred

A vile man who should never ever have been given a job at this football club.

Yes. But we were desperate.

Fergie was the one saw through him all along. Hell, he recommended Moyes before him. That says everything.

Mindhunter

To be honest he did have a point. The ref did seem to ignore largely what Seville were doing while punishing Roma severely. The handball was 50:50 in my opinion so I can see why he was aggrieved for it to not be given. Although he himself is to be blamed for the strictness the refs show his teams. He has been a known trouble maker who wouldn't think for a second before trying to gain an advantage through his antics.

The penalty retake is what happens when we have VAR in the game. You can't draw the line anywhere other than the actual line so technically the decision was absolutely right.

I feel that Mourinho's frustration is showing. He used to be a CL final coach and now has been permanently relegated to the lower leagues. I think his entire path batch to the top in his own mind was through the EL win which sadly didn't happen and so he is lashing out in multiple ways.