Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

Shark

@NotShark
Just remember how he was acting towards the end. No for me no thanks.
In fairness he was acting that way because players like Pogba and Martial's sales were being blocked by the club. Would you honestly blame him looking back?

Ludens the Red

Where will he find a better job? Roma's inferiority complex is such a good match for his hurt ego. He has convinced them that not creating a good chance until the 88th minute against their local rivals is perfectly normal, and the Olimpico is sold out more often than not during his tenure. It was mentioned after the derby that his record against the rest of the 7 sisters plus Atalanta (in all competitions) is 8 wins, 8 draws and 21 defeats, with 37 goals for and 51 against, in 37 matches. Top paid manager in Serie A (shares the first spot with Allegri)...
??

Rojofiam

If I was him, I'd finally swallow my pride, take a year off, and face the fact that he has to reinvent himself, especially tactically, in order to be anywhere near the elites again.

Return for the 2025/26 season and try to make the last stage of his managerial career a successful comeback story.

What he will probably do, though, is take another Serie A job in hopes of succeeding and eventually landing the Inter job again, or take over England / Portugal and leave club football for good.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People calling for him to replace ETH should be banned from posting.
There's still people that genuinely believe Moyes should have got more time and was left an absolutely terrible squad. One that somehow had gone from league winners at a canter to so poor they'd come 7th a few months on.
So not surprised people would have Jose back.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
His future is at NT football, MLS or Saudi Arabia. No other team will commit the same mistake as Roma.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Seven big Italian clubs from most dominant era of Calcio in 90s are often refered to as seven sisters.

Inter, Milan, Juventus, Roma, Parma, Fiorentina and Lazio. You can replace Parma with Napoli nowadays.

Apparently, Roma has been third biggest spender on wages during most of Mourinho's tenure, behind only Juventus and Inter. So it's not as if they were extremely skint in comparison to their rivals.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
If I was him, I'd finally swallow my pride, take a year off, and face the fact that he has to reinvent himself, especially tactically, in order to be anywhere near the elites again.

Return for the 2025/26 season and try to make the last stage of his managerial career a successful comeback story.

What he will probably do, though, is take another Serie A job in hopes of succeeding and eventually landing the Inter job again, or take over England / Portugal and leave club football for good.
Can you give me one example of a coach who reinvented himself ?

What exactly are you meant to do with your time off? The best way to "reinvent oneself" is through coaching.

As an all time great coach I do not see Mourinho taking time off to change his ways.

Loon

:lol:
Am I mad to say I'd take him back at United.
Yes, quite possibly. I would honestly take Rangnick back first.

Not least to see him walk back in the dressing room and say, "I see some of you cnuts are still clinging to the toilet bowl."

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Oh, maybe i should have clarified that. It's a term from the 90s, when the Serie A was the most glamorous league in Europe with a strong claim to be the centre of the football world, pretty much like the Premier League today. Too many strong sides with too many good players. It refers to AC Milan, Juventus, Inter, Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina and Parma. After Parma's downfall, Napoli have taken their place in the post-calciopoli era.

khw

the funniest thing is we cant even chat shit to Mou right now because ETH has us in the EXACT same position. ffs roma will have the same amount of points as us if they win their next game

SoCross

Can you give me one example of a coach who reinvented himself ?

What exactly are you meant to do with your time off? The best way to "reinvent oneself" is through coaching.

As an all time great coach I do not see Mourinho taking time off to change his ways.
Interesting question. Hard to think of an answer. Few come to mind but not sure if they’d fall under reinventing themselves after a sabbatical - Howe was the first name which came to mind. Tite?

KeanoMagicHat

Far from being his fan but I thought he did pretty well given the circumstances at Roma, so I think the sacking is extremely harsh. That squad is tragic, the defence wouldn't start for Leeds in the Championship, the midfield is old and immobile, and Lukaku is just an overrated flat-track bully. Got to two European finals and only 5 points from top 4.
With Mourinho it’s never just purely results. Style of play doesn’t help and more than anything his personality doesn’t help. Everyone gets sick of him - players, owners, fans. He has it down to an art, pissing people off and them paying him to leave.

He’s so bad that Spurs sacked him a week before a cup final and had Ryan Mason manager against Guardiola because they couldn’t last another week. We went on our greatest run since Ferguson as soon as he left, the players were so sick of him. Rinse repeat.

lex talionis

I have no idea what happened with Roma this season but hearing of the news earlier today the safest conclusion is that everyone associated with the club is sick of his toxic personality. It's tolerable when you're winning trophies, but when you're a club just muddling along, as we were under his forgettable tenure, he's a shitmeister no one wants to be around.

caid

There's still people that genuinely believe Moyes should have got more time and was left an absolutely terrible squad. One that somehow had gone from league winners at a canter to so poor they'd come 7th a few months on.
So not surprised people would have Jose back.
I thought we were on thin ice with our last title win. It was built on a great defensive record primarily with Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand and Carrick. Evans, De Gea and Rafa pitched in and were very good to be fair too. Then there was a black hole with Van Persie up front scoring every time he touched the ball no matter how unlikely the distance or angle. He was a good player but that early season form wasn't going to be sustainable over a longer period, obviously.
Carrick and Van Persie stopped being available with any regularity after that season. Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra were probably overdue to be replaced as starters.
I think the rot started the day the glazers walked in the door. Maybe it took them a year or two to feck it up and I'm misremembering when we bought Carrick or VDS, Evra and Vidic. I'd call that last title win the dying embers of a team built years before with guys like Phil Jones, Smalling, Cleverley, Januzaj and Welbeck to replace them - a team that belonged about 7th.
Moyes wasn't an anomoly, he was of the same standard as the squad.

erikcred

I'd love it but why would any PL club touch him with a barge pole at this point?
The hope that they can squeeze a trophy out of him before he inevitably burns down the house.

If Emery wasn't doing so well at Villa I could definitely see them interested.