Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma

cyberman

Taylor should have slapped Jose on the jaw. Outside of the pitch he would just be defending himself while Jose is a skinny, 60 year old man.
People are too comfortable talking shit these days

kps88

This is what he incites. UEFA needs to punish him heavily.
Who would want to be a referee after watching that?

The authorities have to show referees they got their back or they will only be able to attract a very specific type of character.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That it intervened to correct a big decision in a European final? That really is an incredible take. VAR stopped an awful penalty decision from being given in a huge game but it’s actually not a positive because Jose Mourinho still behaves like a cnut.
Because the fans still felt aggrieved. Fans will always feel aggrieved. Introducing technology which fundamentally changes the way we experience watching football won’t stop fans being pissed off at officials. It also makes them more likely to jump to accusations of corruption when VAR doesn’t make the “correct”’ call. So it all seems utterly pointless.

Fabio Rochemback

Whoever decided football needs VAR, evidently.
The point isn't to completely eliminate instances where fans disagree with a decision against their team. It's to dramatically reduce blatantly incorrect decisions that turn games on their head, of which we used to see several on a weekly basis before VAR.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The point isn't to completely eliminate instances where fans disagree with a decision against their team. It's to dramatically reduce blatantly incorrect decisions that turn games on their head, of which we used to see several on a weekly basis before VAR.
We’re still seeing horrible decisions every single weekend. Talk to Brighton or West Ham fans. Feck it, it feels like United have been denied more nailed on penalties than in any season I can remember.

The difference now is that poor decisions seem horrible which might have felt trivial in the past because it’s so much more frustrating to be on the wrong end of a decision post-VAR. That’s why accusations of corruption are more common now than ever before. And that fuels the anger of the Roma fans, even after a game where VAR didn’t make any obvious errors.

Rista

Didn't watch the game, didn't watch anything after it, now I see people wanting Jose jailed. Going back to previous pages he talked shit to a ref and... that's it? Somehow it's his responsibility that some group of lowlifes abused ref and his family?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Didn't watch the game, didn't watch anything after it, now I see people wanting Jose jailed. Going back to previous pages he talked shit to a ref and... that's it? Somehow it's his responsibility that some group of lowlifes abused ref and his family?
:lol: :lol:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Because the fans still felt aggrieved. Fans will always feel aggrieved. Introducing technology which fundamentally changes the way we experience watching football won’t stop fans being pissed off at officials. It also makes them more likely to jump to accusations of corruption when VAR doesn’t make the “correct”’ call. So it all seems utterly pointless.
It’s been introduced to get a higher proportion of decisions correct. It hasn’t been introduced to stop biased fans ever feeling aggrieved and solve all ills. You’ve just decided to say it has in order to have yet another tirade against VAR. Yesterday it worked very well. It overturned a bad decision that was incorrect late in a European final that would have unjustly won the game. That’s the point. That’s clearly a good thing. It stopped an incorrect outcome. It didn’t ruin the flow of the game in doing so either - because there was no flow due to the immense shithousery on show. And if VAR wasn’t there you’d have far more people justifying what happened to Taylor and supporting Mourinho. As it is there wasn’t any actual controversy and most people are recognising him for the manipulative gaslighting cnut he is.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Perhaps one could argue that fans seeing their coach harrassing a referee in a parking lot may think, wow that's a good idea, let's also harras the ref?

He shouldn't be jailed, but sanctioned by UEFA, definitely. If alone for his ridiculous behaviour during the match.

Taylor should've been hounding him in the parking lot screaming it's a fecking disgrace.

Real Name

His talk has consequences. Of course he shouldn't be jailed but if he's waiting for a ref in a parking lot nobody should be surprised some lowlifes thought harassing a ref in an airport is a great idea.

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
Perhaps one could argue that fans seeing their coach harrassing a referee in a parking lot may think, wow that's a good idea, let's also harras the ref?

He shouldn't be jailed, but sanctioned by UEFA, definitely. If alone for his ridiculous behaviour during the match.

Taylor should've been hounding him in the parking lot screaming it's a fecking disgrace.
I get where you are coming from but the "fans" we can see in the video all look like grown up adults to me.
Jose should be punished for his actions and those uneducated idiots for theirs.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I get where you are coming from but the "fans" we can see in the video all look like grown up adults to me.
Jose should be punished for his actions and those uneducated idiots for theirs.
Yeah that's fair enough.

frostbite

We’re still seeing horrible decisions every single weekend. Talk to Brighton or West Ham fans. Feck it, it feels like United have been denied more nailed on penalties than in any season I can remember.

The difference now is that poor decisions seem horrible which might have felt trivial in the past because it’s so much more frustrating to be on the wrong end of a decision post-VAR. That’s why accusations of corruption are more common now than ever before. And that fuels the anger of the Roma fans, even after a game where VAR didn’t make any obvious errors.
I don't think so. VAR has corrected a lot of wrong decisions. They do miss a few here and there, and this makes a lot of noise because it is VAR, but in general, there are much fewer mistakes than before.

For example, in this EL final the referee made a big mistake, and VAR corrected it. All in all, there were no real referee errors in the final, thanks to VAR.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Mourinho is just an opportunist bastard, he always looks for scapegoats to justify his shortcomings and deflect the blame. But there is a bigger problem at higher level in Italian football: an absolute lack of respect for the rule of law, a mob mentality that pretends there is no need for objectivity and thrid parties, only tribalism to appease morons. You will see the same with Fiorentina (the owner is a nutjob) and Inter (their coach and a few players are perennial cribabies) if they lose, instigating the lowest of them to deflect the blame. Mourinho is a malicious twat, perfectly at ease in an environment that worshippes him as the voice of heart and justice.

erikcred

It would've taken less effort to find out what actually happened than to make this post where you admit to be uninformed.

Mourinho accosting the referee in the parking lot well after the game ended and in view of cameras is absolutely a contributing factor to what happened to Taylor and his family. Or do you think it's a tradition for Roma supporters to act like this towards every referee that oversees a loss for their team? No one's asking for Mourinho to be jailed. But there have to be consequences.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surely after that match UEFA should've just got dispensation to drive Taylor to the tarmac or book a private flight for him to go back to UK?

Feels a bit unnecessary he had to run a public gauntlet when they'd still have been Roma fans milling around Budapest the day after especially after Mourinho slaughtering him in the car park after the match.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mourinho accosting the referee in the parking lot well after the game ended and in view of cameras is absolutely a contributing factor to what happened to Taylor and his family. Or do you think it's a tradition for Roma supporters to act like this towards every referee that oversees a loss for their team? No one's asking for Mourinho to be jailed. But there have to be consequences.
It kind of is actually but Mourinho probably made it worse yeah

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Maybe referees should refuse to officiate matches involving Roma and Mourinho
He can also pick the refs he likes

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I only responded because I knew that was where you were heading. Yes, I justify fans of losing teams attacking referees and their families in airports if decisions don't go their way
Calm down people, i know it's hard to tell on the Caf these days but i am pretty sure VO is just being sarcastic.
Not sure if you're referring to here but i haven't heard anyone wanting him jailed? Fined/disciplined/even sancitoned yeah which is fair enough. He needs to take a high level of responsibility with his actions, which would influence "some group of lowlifes".

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Calm down people, i know it's hard to tell on the Caf these days but i am pretty sure VO is just being sarcastic.

Not sure if you're referring to here but i haven't heard anyone wanting him jailed? Fined/disciplined/even sancitoned yeah which is fair enough. He needs to take a high level of responsibility with his actions, which would influence "some group of lowlifes".
At least one genius called it :wenger:

Bunch of twats lead by biggest pile of shit, toxic cnut should be jailed for instigating this.

Football will be much better when this guy retires and the people who are like "OMG he is a box office, what a character" should search for new clown for their entertainment.

InfiniteBoredom

Mourinho is a grade A cnut but I wouldn’t put this on him.

Roma fans needed no encouragement to act the way they did. Remember when they assaulted Utd fans in Rome in the CL quarters? Fun times.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The worst thing is how utterly predictable it is. Sometimes games take a life if their own with niggle based on something that happened in the game. Mourinho games are always shitshows, you knew this before you started watching and always turns out the case (Sevilla shithouses as well of course).
Oh, it's a genuine tactic before the game even kicks off. Just as important to him as the formation. I think he's been a net negative on the game. His first stint at Chelsea was incredible. I remember that time as a United fan and I felt hopeless because they were so good. What he did at Inter, too. But I stand by my opinion that he's genuinely been a negative influence and the game will be better when he decides to feck off.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Thanks. It means a lot to be named alongside some of the best to ever do it.

And by it, i mean endorsing appropriate action upon match officials.
And you deem the action that happened was appropriate?

autte

Supports
Poggibonsi
There were something like 30.000 Roma fans in Budapest, lots of them without tickets. Hundreds were peacefully waiting at the airport to fly back home. Literally two lowlifes escalate things to physical violence and now everyone is to blame? You can't stop everyone from doing bad things (like the idiots that threw stuff at players from both ends). Also, where the feck was the security?

Nickelodeon

He's one of those managers I'm more embarrassed to have been associated with our club than even Moyes.

What a vile character. I saw the full game and there's nothing that Anthony Taylor did to deserve this treatment. And even if he did get decisions wrong, he's still a human being who must be treated with respect. For all his defenders who are saying that he didn't tell Roma fans to do this, he is after all a public figure who's actions have consequences. And this isn't the first time he has done this. In 2005, he blatantly lied about referee Anders Frisk visiting Barca's dressing room at half time. The ref got death threats and ultimately retired from the game. That's the sort of man he is and if anyone is a disgrace, its Jose the despicable c*nt.