Jose Mourinho sacked

LoneStar

Good luck getting another stint at a top (or even Spurs level) club Jose. But knowing him, he'll probably end up being the Arsenal manager in a few years time.

siw2007

Hoped he would have stuck it out at Spurs until end of year but I get their decision to get rid of him. Jose will find it is a long road back to the top for him, one many of us don’t think he will make. He still has a future in football but he needs to go elsewhere, out of the limelight.

Tallis

Someone was speculating that he is going to make £30m from Spurs as severance and he made £20m from United. So he is basically made more money from getting sacked than he did being employed by Spurs. I wonder if this is part of his plan - get a job and then get sacked (get salary and don’t have to do the work). Seems like someone who doesn’t care about their football “legacy”.

monosierra

Someone was speculating that he is going to make £30m from Spurs as severance and he made £20m from United. So he is basically made more money from getting sacked than he did being employed by Spurs. I wonder if this is part of his plan - get a job and then get sacked (get salary and don’t have to do the work). Seems like someone who doesn’t care about their football “legacy”.
Nah, he's a proud guy. I doubt he'd trade trophies for a severance package. JM is a man out of time and out of his element in this era unfortunately. The less credibility he has as a top manager, the shorter his leash - its a vicious cycle.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Hoped he would have stuck it out at Spurs until end of year but I get their decision to get rid of him. Jose will find it is a long road back to the top for him, one many of us don’t think he will make. He still has a future in football but he needs to go elsewhere, out of the limelight.
His time as a top-flight coach has long passed after failing hard at Spurs, United, Chelsea and Real. The only future he has left is managing an international team or going into punditry.

ChaddyP

fecking Super league bullshit not letting me be able to bask in the banter of this

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Is Levy after a slight boost with the fans by sacking an unpopular manager after he's embarrassed them by joining the Dirty Dozen?

siw2007

His time as a top-flight coach has long passed after failing hard at Spurs, United, Chelsea and Real. The only future he has left is managing an international team or going into punditry.
His ego won’t allow it and he’ll keep up this cycle for as long as he possibly can. I just can’t see him ever re capturing the glory days.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
His aura has left him. It's like his bubble has burst. The Jose we had first time round and Inter was incredible. But whatever happens, he's still the best manager we've ever had. And wont be topped for a long time I reckon. 3 prems, 3 league cups and an fa cup.

I dont count community shield as a trophy, really

atkar83

Good luck getting another stint at a top (or even Spurs level) club Jose. But knowing him, he'll probably end up being the Arsenal manager in a few years time.
Did any of us expect Moyes to get a shot at a club like West Ham after his Sunderland stint? I think there's a shortage of PL quality managers, so he'll get another chance.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Did any of us expect Moyes to get a shot at a club like West Ham after his Sunderland stint? I think there's a shortage of PL quality managers, so he'll get another chance.
Oh he will get another top job. He's not going to disappear into the lower leagues. Maybe Monaco, Portugal job, or i can see him at Juventus. Roma, AC Milan etc. One more fling in Serie A or Spain. Leipzig perhaps when Nagelsmann goes Bayern, which i think is nailed on .

But in the prem he is done. His best chance of a prem gig now would have been the Saudis at Newcastle for example

Nigel Refalo

He will go to France! Rudi Garcia will be sacked by Lyon at the end of the season and Mourinho was already wanted by Aulas before he went to Spurs.

Paul_Scholes18

Levy fire Mourinho due to the super league? Disgusting if true, but then again the Glaziers would do the same with Ole if he was not a yes man.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
People in the media crow about his CV. feck that bollocks, his CV looks good ten years ago.

From The Athletic;

The Athletic can reveal how:

• Tottenham players were left bored and untested by his training sessions
  • Most of squad were expecting his sacking
  • Tactics were so obsessed with stopping opposition that players were unsure how to attack
  • Mourinho’s assistant Joao Sacramento was unpopular with the squad
  • The club were unhappy with Mourinho’s criticism of the players and asked him to stop it
  • Mourinho ran out of allies at the club, on and off the pitch
  • Only Harry Kane was loyal to Mourinho at the end
  • His dismissal had nothing to do with the Super League and was based purely on results
Sounds familiar, was as predictable as time on a clock. He is done at the top level and this guff about his resume? Sacked from his last three jobs after completely destroying the players moral and leaving a toxic culture. Levy has made the biggest mistake and again, an awful chairman.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Levy fire Mourinho due to the super league? Disgusting if true, but then again the Glaziers would do the same with Ole if he was not a yes man.
fecking hell, tedious trolls and too many of them.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
This fella is very reliable.

Fired because of results.

But announced today because of the super league. A good day to bury news, as they say.

Spurs (and Levy) don't want to look like chumps who flushed another £30m, having taken on Mourinho despite him quite clearly being finished as a serious force. Oops.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
"Mourinho is expected to receive a severance package worth around £16million."
Has anybody checked if most of Mourinho's net worth comes from his severance payments? :D

Counterfactual

Just 17 months in post?

Wow, I didn't see that coming. I'd given him a couple of seasons and a cup or two before the implosion. It's been rapid this time. I wonder why.

jesperjaap

He is about to get sacked anyway, then he supposedly opposes Super League and suddenly wins the respect of internet’s football fans. As a manager he’s totally washed up. All he has done for last six years is making everyone miserable and desperately playing some media games without the energy and wit of his early days. Spurs replacing Pochettino with him is up there with the most predictable mistakes in football history.
Spot on. He was even less suited to Tottenham than us as a football club with its traditions and style (weird comment to make in the current situation obviously). I actually thought he wouldnt even last until the end of last season when they hired him.

The brilliant cocksure, arrgant, charming, tactically great, with players that would run through walls for him was lost during his spell at Real Madrid losing that dressing room, though I think he did a decent job there in all honesty. The Mourinho since then has become more and more of a blame culture and bitter manager with each season gone by and he hasnt moved on with modern football tactics either, finished as a top manager. We were the acid test, when we hired him I thought if he could adapt to the traditions of our club he would prove himself if he tried to get us to adapt to him, it was all over.....obviously he did the latter here.

On the other hand though, as much as he is confrontational and wrong with his personal attacks etc....I agree with more of the points he makes than I dont

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
People in the media crow about his CV. feck that bollocks, his CV looks good ten years ago.

From The Athletic;

Sounds familiar, was as predictable as time on a clock. He is done at the top level and this guff about his resume? Sacked from his last three jobs after completely destroying the players moral and leaving a toxic culture. Levy has made the biggest mistake and again, an awful chairman.
So his entire bullshit spill that “when he signed” he had changed was just that... utter bullshit.

Get this toxic useless feck out of club football. He has systematically destroyed the culture or every club he’s ever been at in the last 10 years because of his deluded self worth.

Talk about shredding your legacy, every time he gets sacked his legacy gets worse.

simplyared

So his entire bullshit spill that “when he signed” he had changed was just that... utter bullshit.

Get this toxic useless feck out of club football. He has systematically destroyed the culture or every club he’s ever been at in the last 10 years because of his deluded self worth.

Talk about shredding your legacy, every time he gets sacked his legacy gets worse.
Strong words! You're right though.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Mourinho would have been doing cartwheels at the super league announcement until he got sacked as it absolves him of the shitty league season and still gives him a chance to manage in a top competition.

Irrational.

Levy timed this perfectly to hide what an incompetent oaf he is.

Imagine Jose getting the sack and it almost being ignored. Never thought I’d see the day. :lol:

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Levy timed this perfectly to hide what an incompetent oaf he is.

Imagine Jose getting the sack and it almost being ignored. Never thought I’d see the day. :lol:
I'm trying to work out from Levy's perspective which of the bad news he was trying to bury!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I hate that I enjoy seeing this man fail, you don't want to be that guy who enjoys others' failures but in his particular case, it really tickles my pickle. :)