Jose Mourinho sacked

redrobed

Biggest game in the club’s history coming up. Probably hoping for a bit of a new manager boost. They’re a cracking little club - hope they get over the line.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Who is actually out there that will go to Spurs? Maybe someone like Scotty Parker at the end of the season? Would be a massive gamble however. Caretaker manager in the interim, Sherwood back for round 2? Arry back in the hot seat to see out the season? I thought Jose would get to the end of the season and then Spurs would take stock, no top four, no trophies he would get the a**.

Some appalling performances to be fair, the Dinamo Zagreb loss to a team without a coach. Kane putting Spurs in front multiple times for them to just let leads slip away. The team probably needs a rebuild as well, some players going stale there, I dont see Kane sticking around for a 'new project' under a new manager.

Move the dead wood players who are just treading water, the likes of Winks and Sissoko. Use the funds from the sales and Kane moving on to reinvest in the squad with some top young talent. See Spurs drifting away into the Europa league places for a few years.

Robertd0803

Come on. They sacked him because it's unavoidable, and they sacked him today because they need something to take the heat off the backlash against the ESL. And if Mourinho has spoken out internally against the ESL, then that's because he knows a good face-saving lifeline when he sees one.
Yeah I posted that after seeing the twitter posts proclaiming him sort of saint for speaking out against it which hasnt been proven at all.

That aside, pretty big game for Ryan Mason to start with. Might be just the boost the players need though.

Tony247

No club should touch him for next few years unless he gets his mind sorter out. Ask for psychiatrist certificate.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think Levy reckons he'll tempt Brendan Rodgers.

Manager already with top level experience in leagues and european competition and also a coach who improves players on training ground so fits the Spurs model for next 5 years just like Poch did when appointed in summer 2014.

They'll certainly go for him if Leicester miss out on top 4 again which looks more likely than a month ago.

matsdf

Juventus is maybe an option? Doesn't it kinda make sense?

Mr Smith

Just hoping this isn't spun by the media and Mourinho lovers that he is actually a hero and left because of the super league.
I have no problem with that if it brings attention back on the abomination that is the Super League, and away from this blatant attempt to direct attention away from it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think Levy reckons he'll tempt Brendan Rodgers.

Manager already with top level experience in leagues and european competition and also a coach who improves players on training ground so fits the Spurs model for next 5 years just like Poch did when appointed in summer 2014.

They'll certainly go for him if Leicester miss out on top 4 again which looks more likely than a month ago.
Its a lateral move at best and Leicester are a far better run club.

PeteManic

That's him finished at top level management. Should stick to punditry and getting an international job.

Rodgers is an interesting one. I wouldn't even consider it if I was Rodgers. Unless I was getting megabucks.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I know this won't go down well but I still wish we had got Jose Mk I - the one who joined Chelsea (no, not instead of SAF but that model after SAF left)... Before Poch went, I thought the latest version of Jose might have been a good fit or PSG. He was never right for Spurs in my mind...

PeteManic

Who is actually out there that will go to Spurs? Maybe someone like Scotty Parker at the end of the season? Would be a massive gamble however. Caretaker manager in the interim, Sherwood back for round 2? Arry back in the hot seat to see out the season? I thought Jose would get to the end of the season and then Spurs would take stock, no top four, no trophies he would get the a**.

Some appalling performances to be fair, the Dinamo Zagreb loss to a team without a coach. Kane putting Spurs in front multiple times for them to just let leads slip away. The team probably needs a rebuild as well, some players going stale there, I dont see Kane sticking around for a 'new project' under a new manager.

Move the dead wood players who are just treading water, the likes of Winks and Sissoko. Use the funds from the sales and Kane moving on to reinvest in the squad with some top young talent. See Spurs drifting away into the Europa league places for a few years.
Rodgers would be the obvious one. It would be a big gamble. But maybe he fancies it.

Moonwalker

Come on, surely no one takes that notion seriously.
Don't underestimate the power of credulity of Mourinho chauvinists. They will believe anything that shows the dear leader in a good light, including but not limited to fake tweets.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Rodgers would be the obvious one. It would be a big gamble. But maybe he fancies it.
he'd have to be mad - pretty sure Leicester pay him enough for him not to bother with the heartache and eventual scking

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Keano should apply. Can you imagine him in the same room as Levy?!!

justsomebloke

Well he has quite the serious cult of personality surrounding him so I'm sure some of his acolytes will spin it as that even though he was still destined for the sack with or without the super league news
I don't doubt it, but surely it is too self-evidently stupid to be taken seriously by anyone else. He was already standing on the precipice, for God's sake.

RedStarUnited

Maybe he had a clause in his contract that if he won something, Spurs had to pay him more?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Guy must be completely loaded by his severance packages alone.

SuperiorXI

The most obvious briefing that it has nothing to do with the ESL. I've not doubt the ESL will be a major player here... if not then why didn't he go before Everton? Why not after we beat them?

Addled

If Eddie Howe is going to Celtic, then surely Roy Keane to Spurs would be the answer. I am sure he would love the opportunity to toughen them up a bit.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
“I know the reason for the lack of motivation but I’m not prepared to talk about”
This comment from Jose a while back definitely hits different now.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Has to be Rodgers - their next manager, especially if Leicester miss out on top 4