Jose Mourinho sacked

Guy Incognito

Guess they feel they have more chance winning the final without him than with him. What a sad indictment on a once great manager.
The last two Spurs managers to win the league cup were the least popular appointments.

It'd just have papered over cracks. Bet Spurs were annoyed the final never took place in Feb.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Relieved of their duties eh? You would of thought they would wait until after the EFL final?

Something happened over the weekend?

Maybe Mou goes on sabbatical finally, gets some joy back and come back to the top again? Will get around £30m (Spurs :lol:) from this if reports are correct, so no need to work for a bit.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Portugal next?

can't see another PL club risking it
Not even West Ham or Newcastle? As long as those two are around I think there'd be a chance. Not that West Ham need a new manager right now and Ashley probably isn't paying what it would take. Still, I suppose I'd see it as similar to those clubs appointing Pellegrini and Benitez in the past.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
Sacked a week before his most realistic shot at a trophy whilst at Spurs. This would have to be the first time in about 20 years where he has left/been sacked from a club without winning a trophy.
Yes surely from his early managing days at U Leiria. From Porto onwards he won trophies everywhere.

He is past it and everyone knows it.

Let’s look at the bright side, with this massive payout he does not have to steal to feed his kids.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Was always a terrible match anyway. A guy who doesnt like to spend and I guy who needs to spend large. Footballs version of the odd couple, only funnier.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I wouldn’t say he’s done in football but he’s done in England and spent too much of his career in the league least suited to him.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I thought he looked like a man that's getting sacked when I saw him at Everton the other night.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
A few rumours that he refused to take team training following the ESL announcement.

jackal&hyde

Only link is Levy thought ESL news will dominate everything and Spurs won't get much attention.
Yes. To make Mourinho some sort of martyr in all of this is crazy.

He's deservedly sacked and Spurs took advantage of the ESL timing.

Lee565

For all we know maybe Mourinho got the sack because he may have told levy he was against spurs being part of the European super league as it seems odd timing to sack him and very un-levy like to needlessly pay out millions of pounds.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The tweet that said it was because of the ESL has now been deleted.

I highly doubt it was because of that and some made up rumour that he refused to take the players to training
I didn’t believe the training ground rumour myself but sacking a manager on the Eve of a cup final is unheard of. The timing couldn’t possibly be worse from Levy’s and Spurs’ point of view.

Something drastic certainly happened in order for them to pull the trigger so immediately and I’d hazard a guess that it was of Mourinho’s own doing.

Suv666

Guides Spurs to SL qualification and this is the thanks he gets

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
For all we know maybe Mourinho got the sack because he may have told levy he was against spurs being part of the European super league as it seems odd timing to sack him and very un-levy like to needlessly pay out millions of pounds.
FFS please don't make him a martyr for this cause. He managed every bug club with money in his career.

Oldyella

Weird timing given the cup final is round the corner. Unless they are hoping the old new manager bounce nets them a trophy.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
This is what the rumors are suggesting indeed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I hate his guts but if he did take a stand against the ESL and got fired for that (as the final straw on top of everything else), I have some respect for that.
Yeah right. The manager who made it in a big league being handed a blank cheque to buy everybody in sight is apparently the one to take the high moral ground over the super League :lol:

What next, Pep quitting due to FFP rules not being enforced?

Drawfull

If he's left on some moral stance, that would mean it's his own volition so almost certainly not getting his payout. Would also mean that any NDA would likely be null and void.

Hope Mourinho has his say, sooner rather than later.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No idea he is a relatively new coach, wouldnt have thought it was fair for his first game to be in a cup final against City I suspect.
Just surprised me Ryan Mason got in ahead given he's your under 18 coach or something while King's been working with first team all season. Had no idea Chris Powell was at Spurs either (thought he was in the England age groups).

That would've been a quick win with fanbase to get a club legend in charge in short run.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I doubt it, if Jose had of refused to take training he would surely have been in breach of contract.

Grande

Whilst it was quite enjoyable to watch his inadequacy highlighted in a way that does not effect us.

I would like to congratulate Spurs fans on what must surely be one of the happiest experiences a fan could ever feel. That miserable, past it, outdated idiot getting sacked from your club almost feels like winning a trophy.
It is a trophy - in fact Spurs first trophy in 13 years. The Mourinho Relievement Trophy.

And ‘twas José who secured it. He never leaves a club without leaving a trophy!

RUCK4444

A few rumours that he refused to take team training following the ESL announcement.
I've heard this as well. You watch Mourinho try to take a moral high ground over this in a PR spin, which is the best outcome for him, he 'leaves' after the news of the SL, when in reality he's staring at a cup final loss and an 8th place finish in the league.

This would be the best PR outcome for him considering his situation at Spurs. Edit; Scumbag.

The Hilton

My suspicion is that he complained about the super league stuff, seeing an opportunity to make his inevitable sacking about him being a martyr rather than his incompetence.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Just surprised me Ryan Mason got in ahead given he's your under 18 coach or something while King's been working with first team all season. Had no idea Chris Powell was at Spurs either (thought he was in the England age groups).

That would've been a quick win with fanbase to get a club legend in charge in short run.
I think the quick win was Jose being sacked, Mason is very popular too. I would say it will be a group of coaches TBH, definitely a touch first game.

Robertd0803

All of a sudden somehow Mourinho has become some sort of Dark Knight standing up for injustice in opposition to the Super League and not sacked because of the shit situation Spurs are in (and has been rumoured for weeks anyway).

Lets see what stories come out.

If he has been sacked in his opposition to the ESL then Spurs could have him on grounds of gross misconduct or insubordination or something like that where he is in breach of his contract so they dont have to pay him?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What insane timing from the club. Fully expected him sacked in the summer and would have been fine with that but to do it now of all times - last night super league announcement and now sacking the manager on the week of a final. Absolutely bonkers.
My Guess is the Spurs management came to the conclusion that the players could not find any motivation, even for a final under Mourinho.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Yeah right. The manager who made it in a big league being handed a blank cheque to buy everybody in sight is apparently the one to take the high moral ground over the super League :lol:

What next, Pep quitting due to FFP rules not being enforced?
Bit unfair to gloss over his Porto achievement