Jose Mourinho sacked

RUCK4444

FFS please don't make him a martyr for this cause. He managed every bug club with money in his career.
This is exactly what Mourinho and his PR team will be angling for. He will want to look the good guy who stood up to the SL.

Bullsh*t. If he was doing even remotely well at Spurs he wouldn't be going anywhere. This is a cheap get-out-of-jail card to minimise the impact of another disastrous stint and another club.

MonkeysMagic

I would like the hear the opinion of those 'football experts'...read ex-footballers that have no real insight other then herd mentality, that were falling over themselves at his appointment on how spuds were joining the elite teams!

This was the most predictable outcome, as most 'non-football experts' on the Cafe had stated at the time. He is a dinosaur for modern football and the his tactical periodisation (look it up!) philosophy is no longer relevant.

justsomebloke

If I were a Spurs fan, I'd be doubly pissed off right now. Very obviously, the club is feeding their fans welcome news to offset revolting news, on the same day.

justsomebloke

All of a sudden somehow Mourinho has become some sort of Dark Knight standing up for injustice in opposition to the Super League and not sacked because of the shit situation Spurs are in (and has been rumoured for weeks anyway).

Lets see what stories come out.

If he has been sacked in his opposition to the ESL then Spurs could have him on grounds of gross misconduct or insubordination or something like that where he is in breach of his contract so they dont have to pay him?
Come on. They sacked him because it's unavoidable, and they sacked him today because they need something to take the heat off the backlash against the ESL. And if Mourinho has spoken out internally against the ESL, then that's because he knows a good face-saving lifeline when he sees one.

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
Knowing how much Spurs love winning a trophy there's no way Levy would do this before a final without something major happening. I think it's possible Jose could have kicked up a stink about the ESL. I really didn't think he did that badly at Spurs considering what he was given to work with. Hope he goes to Italy and fires things back up over there.

Rolaholic

Quality control

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Knowing how much Spurs love winning a trophy there's no way Levy would do this before a final without something major happening. I think it's possible Jose could have kicked up a stink about the ESL. I really didn't think he did that badly at Spurs considering what he was given to work with. Hope he goes to Italy and fires things back up over there.
Or more likely Kane along with the rest of his teammates came to Levy and demanded for him to be sacked. He has done an awful job there.

Finally can relate with Spurs fans. It is a massive relief once you get rid of him.

Jev

Yeah right. The manager who made it in a big league being handed a blank cheque to buy everybody in sight is apparently the one to take the high moral ground over the super League :lol:

What next, Pep quitting due to FFP rules not being enforced?
I think it's a very black-and-white stance you're taking. The fact that Mourinho is, unquestionably, a morally corrupt, money-grabbing parasite doesn't exclude the possibility that he may find the ESL to be fundamentally against the ethos and principles of the game he has dedicated his life to.

Lee565

Wonder if it's worth putting a bet on Ali being part of the euros with England, the likes of him and bale will likely benefit from his sacking and we have seen how quickly southgate will welcome back players that were in his world cup squad like lingard if they hit a decent run of form?

Oranges038

Does seem rather opportunistic doesn't it? He gets to deflect from the poor results, knowing he would likely have been sacked within the next year anyway.
He'll love this, massive pay out and a ready made excuse. He will be on SKY doing a Spuds game in a few months.

Rolaholic

Hilarious that they sacked him a week before a cup final effectively ending any chance he'd get to claim about winning trophies everywhere :lol:

Could see him managing internationally after he gets bored of punditry, maybe the USMNT.

Would've said Portugal years ago but they have a golden generation coming through that I doubt they'd roll the dice on someone as volatile as Jose.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I thought it was going to happen this time last week - after our second-half demolition of them. Jose of old would have won that 1-0. But it is odd that it's happen in the week of cup final... maybe Levy felt sorry for City after they failed to win the quadruple (strange the papers haven't pointed out they won't be winning the treble or even the double this season)

Jev

Wonder if it's worth putting a bet on Ali being part of the euros with England, the likes of him and bale will likely benefit from his sacking and we have seen how quickly southgate will welcome back players that were in his world cup squad like lingard if they hit a decent run of form?
Grealish, Mount, Sancho, Rashford, Sterling, Bellingham, Lingard, Saka, Foden. I'd say there are just too many contenders vying for those spots that Alli would have to take. I certainly can't see room for both Lingard and Alli in the squad, and Alli would have to play like Messi for the rest of the season to overtake Lingard (who I don't think will make the cut either).

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Just hoping this isn't spun by the media and Mourinho lovers that he is actually a hero and left because of the super league.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
he refused to let spurs train this morning in response to the super league proposal. when levy came in to mediate, jose got him in a headlock and shouted “super league what!? super league what!?” over and over again. security were powerless and had to wait for joe hart to arrive and talk mourinho down. levy has obviously responded to this with his sacking.

Champagne Football

A disastrous appointment from the start.

Appointing a bloke who is infamous for throwing in the towel, as soon as he doesn't get all of his unrealistic spending demands. Appointed by a club who don't spend money often.

Spurs were the talk of Europe under Pochettino. A club that had been punching above their weight for a good few seasons. Under Jose it was cringe-city. Even the most anti-Spurs fans could only feel sorry for them, due to the giant cloud of negativity Jose brought to the club.

Evans999

All the journos have been quick to come out and say results based alone and that he's no martyr. Not as if spurs would say though. Before the carabao cup final makes me slightly suspicious not everything is all as it appears.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Come on, surely no one takes that notion seriously.
considering how adamant some of the supporters of Mourinho are and how negative the reception of the super league has been, i think it will be a common narattive pushed for Mourinho's sacking. 1 I suspect will be pushed by Mourinho himself.

The Purley King

No way Levy would have sacked him if he wasn't sure to get a load of ESL money in to help pay the bill.

Rolaholic

Come on, surely no one takes that notion seriously.
Well he has quite the serious cult of personality surrounding him so I'm sure some of his acolytes will spin it as that even though he was still destined for the sack with or without the super league news

Hughes35

Amazed he has been sacked before the final. Very small time and poor by Spurs.

He deserves to go but should have been given another couple of weeks.

Welbeckham

He is about to get sacked anyway, then he supposedly opposes Super League and suddenly wins the respect of internet’s football fans. As a manager he’s totally washed up. All he has done for last six years is making everyone miserable and desperately playing some media games without the energy and wit of his early days. Spurs replacing Pochettino with him is up there with the most predictable mistakes in football history.

Rolaholic

The supposed training story hasn't been backed by a single reliable source

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Spurs should go for Nagglesman now although i read that Bayern are after him.

Rolaholic

Back to Italy I reckon.
Well Inter was the only club I could've seen him at prior but they're about to win their first league in 10 years so Conte isn't going anywhere and I doubt he'd join their arch rival Milan.

Juventus seem like a hard sell as well given Ronaldo's relationship with Jose...

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Jose Mourinho20 Nov, 201919 Apr, 2021
Mauricio Pochettino27 May, 201419 Nov, 2019
Tim Sherwood16 Dec, 201313 May, 2014
Andre Villas-Boas03 Jul, 201216 Dec, 2013
Harry Redknapp25 Oct, 200815 Jun, 2012
Juande Ramos29 Oct, 200725 Oct, 2008
Clive Allen26 Oct, 200729 Oct, 2007
Martin Jol05 Nov, 200426 Oct, 2007
Jacques Santini03 Jun, 200405 Nov, 2004
David Pleat21 Sep, 200303 Jun, 2004
Glenn Hoddle02 Apr, 200121 Sep, 2003
David Pleat16 Mar, 200102 Apr, 2001

Another poor Levy appointment. Very few successes in that list.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Well Inter was the only club I could've seen him at prior but they're about to win their first league in 10 years so Conte isn't going anywhere and I doubt he'd join their arch rival Milan.

Juventus seem like a hard sell as well given Ronaldo's relationship with Jose...
He'd definitely join AC if the chance is there. Players go from AC to Inter and vice versa all the time.