Jose Mourinho sacked

Abizzz

Isn't media exposure a positive metric in marketing terms? I don't buy this "burying the news" argument, Levy would surely look to maximize media exposure. Mourinho getting the sack is bigger news than Spurs sacking a manager... it makes no sense not to make use of that.

OverratedOpinion

If Pochettino wins the Champions League a short while after Jose gets sacked and Spurs fail to qualify will it be the most predictable thing in recent football?

MDFC Manager

Incredible people actually thinking this is because he's opposed to the super League :lol:

This is a person who never cared about any club legacy, and has trashed most clubs he been at.

It's mental the mental gymnastics people jump through when it comes to Jose.
It is truly incredible that people are falling for it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
it's a shame to see a once great manager turn into such a laughing stock, but then, he did bring it upon himself to an extent by being such a massive prick.

OverratedOpinion

I hate his guts but if he did take a stand against the ESL and got fired for that (as the final straw on top of everything else), I have some respect for that.
Absolutely no chance and if he did then he did so to ensure his reputation is slightly less tarnished and ensure his next massive payout from some poor club stupid enough to believe in the myth.

Flexdegea

He knows he hasn't been doing great at spurs, so it would be quite self serving because maybe he realises it would get a lot of people to respect him for it.

100%

He doing a terrible job and clearly lost the players. Anything else from here is him protecting his own image, all damage limitation. Absolute nonsense a shark like him with the sack payoffs over the years.......cares about the fan and the game.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Am hearing that Brendon Rogers will be approached by Spurs to be the next manager.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I'd love to think Jose was so against the ESL he made them sack him but it's probably just due to how rubbish he is now.
He’s been below expectations, but it’s odd to fire a manager known for winning trophies, the week before a cup final and whilst you’re still in the top four race.

I hope there is no NDA in place and we hear from Jose in full.

Jev

Absolutely no chance and if he did then he did so to ensure his reputation is slightly less tarnished and ensure his next massive payout from some poor club stupid enough to believe in the myth.
There is the possibility that he actually, genuinely does oppose the idea fiercely, as I imagine a majority of players and coaches do. If he does, he's not one to hide his opinion. Of course, there could be a save-facing motivation to it as well, but it could be a combination.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He’s been below expectations, but it’s odd to fire a manager known for winning trophies, the week before a cup final and whilst you’re still in the top four race.

I hope there is no NDA in place and we hear from Jose in full.
30m payoff. I think it's safe to assume there's a very solid NDA there.

Lee565

Haha clever levy, he must of been thinking how can I take that heat of myself and the club for wanting to be part of european super league, I know I will sack Mourinho and everyone will focus on that instead.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Haha clever levy, he must of been thinking how can I take that heat of myself and the club for wanting to be part of european super league, I know I will sack Mourinho and everyone will focus on that instead.
What if Ole is sacked :nervous:

OverratedOpinion

There is the possibility that he actually, genuinely does oppose the idea fiercely, as I imagine a majority of players and coaches do. If he does, he's not one to hide his opinion. Of course, there could be a save-facing motivation to it as well, but it could be a combination.
He is the most self serving man in football.

Jose Mourinho's primary motivation is always Jose Mourinho.

The twitter account I've seen credited with that are the same one who said Newcastle are joining the Super League so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
I’ve seen various sources. But it’s definitely connected to that and his opposition to the ESL. Anyone saying but he would have been sacked in the summer anyways, from a purely football point of view it be in his and Spurs interest for him to stay until after the final. To leave like this, the morning after the announcement only the most ardent Mourinho haters will not realise there is a connection. The truth with come out. For sure he’ll see to it.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm surprised he's gone before the cup final. Thought he'd be sacked at the end of the season. I know I said this after we sacked him but surely that's him finished in English football.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He's done in management now.

Big shame he's lost his sparkle now, players don't want to play for him anymore. Players used to want to run through a brick wall for him, now he's just arrogant and doesn't compromise.

Klopp and Guardiola take the blame when it goes wrong, but they show humility when the team wins and say it's all the team.

Mourinho throws players under the bus routinely, he's not a manager players want to play for anymore.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Seems like a sideways move, only justification I could see for him to leave in money.
In terms of league position and strength currently I would agree, but in terms of stature and club size then Spurs are a level above.
Also factor in if this ridulous super league crap gets going then that could hvae a big say over Rogers choosing Spurs.

Mr Smith

Guess they feel they have more chance winning the final without him than with him. What a sad indictment on a once great manager.

Djemba-Djemba

He's an absolute has been and you would think this is him done at big clubs in Europe. Definitely in England.

So glad we managed to beat him before he got the sack, would have annoyed me if we didn't get revenge for the 1-6.

He was getting sacked anyway so people should really calm down with praising him for opposing the Super League, if he even is opposing it. He had nothing to lose.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Sacked a week before his most realistic shot at a trophy whilst at Spurs. This would have to be the first time in about 20 years where he has left/been sacked from a club without winning a trophy.

johanovic

Sacked by Madrid,Chelsea,Man Utd and Tottenham...managed to leave behind himself a rotten atmosphere at every club with players having lost belief in him. Still some go on and on about how good a manager he is....hopefully he will end up at Liverpool next

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
That is a very cold statement compared to all other sacking notifications ive seen from the club.
The statement on the site itself is not bad.

Chairman, Daniel Levy, said: "Jose and his coaching staff have been with us through some of our most challenging times as a Club. Jose is a true professional who showed enormous resilience during the pandemic. On a personal level I have enjoyed working with him and regret that things have not worked out as we both had envisaged. He will always be welcome here and we should like to thank him and his coaching staff for their contribution."

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Odd timing.

Fair play if he took a stand against the Super league and they sacked him on the spot, gone up in my estimation if true. Hopefully more managers in next few weeks show that type of attitude and resign on principle.

Anyway what's happened to Ledley King? He's been on the coaching staff all season and been working with the squad so surprised he hasn't been given the caretaker gig unless he's refused to do it on principle.

Seems a bit random to give it to Mason and Chris Powell.

Infra-red

That is a very cold statement compared to all other sacking notifications ive seen from the club.
Strangely worded: "we should like to thank him and his coaching staff for their contribution" (my emphasis).

We should like to thank him, but we don't like to do it, at all.