Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Still a good manager, but his best days are behind him so to speak. We were lucky that we arguably had his best stint, along with Inter. I still rate Jose's CV over Pep's too

Few years back i'd have thought him going to Spurs would put them seriously in the mix for the title, now i do not.

One reason for that is because he wont get backed enough. If Chelsea and Utd wouldn't back him how he wanted, Spurs certainly aren't going to. That is one of the big reasons things just become a shit storm with him.
I think this will be his ugliest breakup. Jose is fighting to save his rep as a great manager and not a has been great manager. When this goes south, because it will with Levy. Mourinho will fight with everything to save his rep.

Bocca9978

Interesting poll. I voted no simply because of Levy and the lack of funding coming Jose's way.

He won't get the 300m+ he always spends right away.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Expect him to get a reasonable reception when he comes back, wasn't he getting his name sung at OT this season at one point? Or have I lost my marbles.
Of course he will. United fans are always respectful. He's done nothing wrong for us to hate him apart from being rubbish, but then Moyes got a positive response too.

If he starts acting up though he'll get turned on very quickly. I think some fans still see him as "our mourinho" but he was never ours, and we were never his. He's just a journeyman manager looking for a pay day.

If he gets passed the usual 3 years i'll be amazed.

fps

Hahaha wow. I said elsewhere this is the most Mourinho club he’ll have managed for the first time since Inter. I am fascinated to see where this goes.

Man Utd and Spurs are basically knee and knee in the how low can you go stakes so it’s a straight manager-off for the rest of the season!

Adam-Utd

Interesting that Rui Faria isn't his assistant anymore either.

Guess they really did have a falling out.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully be as successful as Clough at Leeds...

Go in there, chew the squad out. Lose the dressing room, sacked before the end of the season...

SirAF

Ageist

I don't know if there was a fall out or not, but the official word was that Faria wanted to have a go at management himself which he is currently doing.

Adam-Utd

I don't know if there was a fall out or not, but the official word was that Faria wanted to have a go at management himself which he is currently doing.
Fair enough, didn't realise he actually was in management currently. That makes sense.

Btw, Mourinho is earning more than Harry Kane :lol: wow

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It feels really weird seeing a manager like José manage a club like Tottenham.
I think it might go really well though honestly, well, for the short term obviously.
Don’t we play them soon?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
With the obvious curse someone has put on United, this will turn out perfectly, just to illistrate that no one can succeed at United. Am I moaning right?

marktan

Think it's more faria has a job as manger in Qatar and his teams top of the league, probably better money in that than being an assistant.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It will take some getting used to.
What's your impression on this? Is Levy about to change MO in the transfer market or has Jose agreed to work with what he has? I cat get my head around this, highest paid manager in our history and paying of Jose?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
With the obvious curse someone has put on United, this will turn out perfectly, just to illistrate that no one can succeed at United. Am I moaning right?
What? SAF was a massive failure as was Busby then

Adam-Utd

Won't be long before he justifies it when asked by saying.

'How many trophies Harry Kane, how many trophies Mourinho it makes sense, no?'
It's bonkers.

280k a week for a manager that has failed majorly in his last 2 jobs. Football management really is the golden egg once you've had some success in the past isn't it.

I'll be amazed if Kane isn't looking at that like !?!? where's my 300k a week

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

So-and-so. Rui Faria wanted to start his managerial career and only postponed due to being a loyal assistant.

Mourinho actually appointed a very good assistant in João Sacramento: he has a very good luggage in football and sports science knowledge. Lille will miss him for sure.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What's your impression on this? Is Levy about to change MO in the transfer market or has Jose agreed to work with what he has? I cat get my head around this, highest paid manager in our history and paying of Jose?
Honestly I have no clue how this will play out. I can't imagine Jose accepting the job without having an open and frank conversation with Levy about what available funds there will be and the types of players he would like. It's going to be a very interesting couple of years.

reddevil702

He will do well at Spurs. Still a great manager and I’m sure Levy and José discussed transfer strategy and came to an agreement. They still have a good squad a realistically only need 1-2 signings. Assuming they can keep what they have.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Honestly I have no clue how this will play out. I can't imagine Jose accepting the job without having an open and frank conversation with Levy about what available funds there will be and the types of players he would like. It's going to be a very interesting couple of years.
Yeah from what I can tell they have known each other for a few years, Levy apparently even consulting with him. I simply cant have see Jose coming in without a promise of money and I cant see Levy being stupid enough to lie to him knowing the Jose reaction. Have to say I am excited and hesitant, Saturday away to West Ham will show us a lot about the current mentality of the squad.

Inigo Montoya

Yeah from what I can tell they have known each other for a few years, Levy apparently even consulting with him. I simply cant have see Jose coming in without a promise of money and I cant see Levy being stupid enough to lie to him knowing the Jose reaction. Have to say I am excited and hesitant, Saturday away to West Ham will show us a lot about the current mentality of the squad.
So basically it’s the same as LVG, went behind his back to get Jose

Amerifan

Foolish. Levy didn’t back to Poch level. He’ll never back to Jose’s level.

Inigo Montoya

No doubt about it, no chairman should sack a manager without knowing whats next.
I would add that someone better should be in place, a coach that can take the club forward.
In LVGs case, Jose was clearly an upgrade. Not convinced this time round

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Are you guys worried about your acdemy players like Skipp, walker-peters etc? @balaks @InLevyITrust
I have no idea, I don't quite buy into this Jose doesn't use youth I think if he thinks a player can do a job he will use him, didn't he love McToman? I don't think Walker-Peters is going to make it, but I think Skipp has the ability and workrate for Jose. I'm not gonna lie here I have no idea how this will go, I'm not surprised Poch has gone but I am very surprised we went for Jose.