Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AshRK

As much as Jose seems past it, I feel this could work out great for both the parties. SPurs have some experienced players and Jose would love to manage them. He loves managing underdogs and this could be perfect for him.

Zoo

Son is going to wish he was called up to the South Korean army with all the defensive drills he is about to endure.

:lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Poch somewhat built a team and now Levy wants Mourinho to get them winning trophies. Nothing weird in all this, but is it the long term way for a club that wanted to build something for years to come ? Hopefully he won't murder Levy with his honest comments after two years of managing.

Now you're back to kinda be The enemy, just like in Porto days, but Boa Sorte anyway, Jose and thanks for good moments despite the sacking, there were a few special ones.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
At least he got Son & Kane now not Sanchez & Lukaku anymore. But I'm interested how he will deal with the unsettle future back four.

always_hoping

This quick appointment as expected really. The most interesting thing is no Rui Faria on Jose management and i'd wonder is this Joao Sacramento fella a good replacement? lets not forget it really crashed and burned for Jose at United once he lost his right hand man Rui..

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Poch somewhat built a team and now Levy wants Mourinho to get them winning trophies. Nothing weird in all this, but is it the long term way for a club that wanted to build something for years to come ? Hopefully he won't murder Levy with his honest comments after two years of managing.

Now you're back to kinda be The enemy, just like in Porto days, but Boa Sorte anyway, Jose and thanks for good moments despite the sacking, there were a few special ones.
Long term is mainly Sir Alex thing. 99.99% of world's football clubs will not hold a manager for more than 2/3 seasons with Jorge Jesus being an exception for staying 6 seasons at Benfica and only left because Benfica wanted to reduce his wage.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm getting a distinct feeling of Inter deja-vu with his appointment, I think he will do very well.

He won't require much backing, and by selling Kane to us for stupid money he will be able to fix some of the personnel issues in defense.

Spurs will love him as long as he wins a trophy - which he will - and he will make Tottenham the biggest shithouse club in the league.
Are they not already the established #1 PL shithouses?

Kane will be going nowhere either. The team will be built around him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Agree with this, the team's built with little work to do. If Mourinho can't get them to push on for trophies in their prime then it's unlikely anyone will be able to. I'd imagine the team he leaves behind will need freshening up though.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
This quick appointment as expected really. The most interesting thing is no Rui Faria on Jose management and i'd wonder is this Joao Sacramento fella a good replacement? lets not forget it really crashed and burned for Jose at United once he lost his right hand man Rui..
I feel that many on here (and at Utd) are gonna get a real wake up call with how Mourinho does at Spuds...

He is a serial winner who is absolutely hell bent on -

A - winning trophies

B - proving after Utd that he isn't 'past it'

I would bet good money that he will end Spurs trophy drought, and also pile massive pressure on Utd / Woodward via his success at Spurs.

Ironically - it could actually be the catalyst for Utd to sort themselves out...

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Long term is mainly Sir Alex thing. 99.99% of world's football clubs will not hold a manager for more than 2/3 seasons with Jorge Jesus being an exception for staying 6 seasons at Benfica and only left because Benfica wanted to reduce his wage.
Aye, Jose was kinda right when he said Arsene Wenger is the last long term manager. Perhaps he will remain in Spurs for more than 3 years, after all Pochettino remained for more than 4 years and seriously it looked like he could manage this team for almost 10.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I feel that many on here (and at Utd) are gonna get a real wake up call with how Mourinho does at Spuds...

A - winning trophies

I would bet good money that he will end Spurs trophy drought, and also pile massive pressure on Utd / Woodward via his success at Spurs.

Ironically - it could actually be the catalyst for Utd to sort themselves out...
I agree with this.

It's going to be fun watching his spats with the media and other coaches.

It's stopped being boring all of a sudden

Sentient Meat

People keep saying two good years then it will end in tears.
Even if that's written in stone... at least they will have two years to enjoy
What are the odds we will have two good years upcoming?
We should have just kept him and seen what comes after the third year.
Maybe it's like a cycle where year four and five are good again and then year six is terrible.
No one's ever had the balls to see what happens if you simply clench your teeth and bear the third year unless you count what happened to Chelsea

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Aye, Jose was kinda right when he said Arsene Wenger is the last long term manager. Perhaps he will remain in Spurs for more than 3 years, after all Pochettino remained for more than 4 years and seriously it looked like he could manage this team for almost 10.
Thos os the problem of managing groups. Dynamics can change drastically. You just need to ave problems with one player, that automatically others will back him up. What Sir Alex did was something miraculous. Even in companies CEO's keep rotating their managers in order to don't let their teams incompatibilities grow too much.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Maybe it's like a cycle where year four and five are good again and then year six is terrible.
No one's ever had the balls to see what happens if you simply clench your teeth and bear the third year unless you count what happened to Chelsea
Perhaps it's now up to Levy to find out, but there is risk when it comes to Jose as he tends to leave his teams in a disarray.

It would be truly great start for Ole if he could copy the first Mourinho season and catch the Champions League by winning the last game of the season.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

A - winning trophies

Switch Spurs for United, United for Chelsea. Woodward for Roman, trophy drought for league drought and that could easily be a post for summer 16.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I have a feeling that he will be a huge success. They could challenge for title next year.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Thos os the problem of managing groups. Dynamics can change drastically. You just need to ave problems with one player, that automatically others will back him up. What Sir Alex did was something miraculous. Even in companies CEO's keep rotating their managers in order to don't let their teams incompatibilities grow too much.
Jose knows England very well and knows Premier League's reality more than some of English coaches, I think he was really counting on remaining as Manchester United manager for a very long time, but didn't gave up as he now managing another PL team. Like you said, dynamics change drastically but the Special One still pushing to remain in England after everything, perhaps even for the end of his career. It's actually amazing how much he loves managing in England even despite the reality you just described, correctly I might add.

lsd

The Oracle

We would be in the championship

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Switch Spurs for United, United for Chelsea. Woodward for Roman, trophy drought for league drought and that could easily be a post for summer 16.
Yup, with just one little difference that Roman actually invest in his enterprise huge millions, while Glazers and Ed leeching on it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I have a feeling that he will be a huge success. They could challenge for title next year.
Definitely.

Jose at United was wrong especially after LVG. Completely opposite ends of the scale. He came to a club that focuses on the 'united way', a club that wouldn't really let him bypass players like Rashford & Martial due to the outrage it would cause. Even Rooney I think he only let him go because he was forced to due to the LVG's captain tenure - otherwise I reckon he would keep him.

I absolutely hate Jose but within 2 seasons - he will have Tottenham near the top & spurs will back him because they will feel that this is the closest they have been since a long long time.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He might be, though.

In which case it won't matter that he'll - obviously - try to prove he ain't.

Most managers do have a shelf life. Jose has shown no signs whatsoever of being able to reinvent himself in any way.

SirAF

Ageist
Mourinho has become the second highest-paid manager in world football after signing a monstrous £15million-a-year contract to become Tottenham manager.
Not bad for The Finished One.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He might be, though.

In which case it won't matter that he'll - obviously - try to prove he ain't.

Most managers do have a shelf life. Jose has shown no signs whatsoever of being able to reinvent himself in any way.
Time will tell.

My opinion though, is that Mourinho to Spurs will be a massive wake up call for many at Utd (and fans).

PeteManic

Brand Premiership again. Box office Mourinho in at another club. I wonder how much Sky Sports contributed to his financial package. All very boring.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Time will tell.

My opinion though, is that Mourinho to Spurs will be a massive wake up call for many at Utd (and fans).
Yeah but to be fair, if we'd given Mourinho his own way Willian and Perisic would be our starting wingers. He lowered his own coffin while he was with us, he doesn't get the right to be absolved of blame if he does well at Tottenham.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Will also have Fellaini and Matic soon
Don't really care much whether Fellaini will join them or no but I will be buzzing if they take Matic. If we are lucky we might be able to get decent cash from him as well :lol: