Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
If the vertonghen and eriksen rumours are true another similarity for Jose to be fond of and that's teammates trying to bang their teammates wives/gf.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His interview his amazing, said no one and not one manager in the world who don't like playing young players and help them develop, said sometimes in the club people below him don't do good enough job to produce the players who are good enough. And then said "we look at our history and the academy is always giving talents that the first team need".

This guy was in charge of Chelsea for nearly 6 to 6.5 years, had Salah, KdB, Lukaku at Chelsea but barely played them.

saying all the right things though, about academy, helping young players to develop and all that.

Theonas

Scout
If he thought we did not have enough "heritage" in Europe, it would be interesting to hear his thoughts on Spurs if they go out the CL

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
There can be no doubt that at some point mourinho will sit comfortably above united and remark that he took over a team sitting below his former club and has now taken them above them.
Maybe point out that his point average at both United and spurs is still better than what they have managed since he left, if it pans out that way.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
His interview his amazing, said no one and not one manager in the world who don't like playing young players and help them develop, said sometimes in the club people below him don't do good enough job to produce the players who are good enough. And then said "we look at our history and the academy is always giving talents that the first team need".

This guy was in charge of Chelsea for nearly 6 to 6.5 years, had Salah, KdB, Lukaku at Chelsea but barely played them.

saying all the right things though, about academy, helping young players to develop and all that.
Does Spurs has any young players coming up ? I know Parrot is highly rated but is it like Chelsea or united ?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think that he will be success there. He has squad made for his counter attacking football.
Lethal striker, quick wingers and loads of midfielders. I think that he will only want maybe some beast of defender like Koulibaly

Suedesi

There can be no doubt that at some point mourinho will sit comfortably above united and remark that he took over a team sitting below his former club and has now taken them above them.
Maybe point out that his point average at both United and spurs is still better than what they have managed since he left, if it pans out that way.
Most likely he will remark that he managed to feck up yet another Liverpool title challenge. And possibly knock you out of Europe ;)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Sylar

Its gonna be great either way. Levy either gives him money to completely change the squad, and then questions will come, why didnt he give it to Poch who was more long term

Or he doesnt give the money, and it will be fun to watch it occur.

I think the Spurs squad needs a few signings to take it to the next level. But i also thought that about United when Jose came in, and Jose saw about 10 players come in, and we still look short.

mu4c_20le

Which player is he going to fall out with first?
Aurier.

Manager Jose Mourinho said Serge Aurier used "his body with my brain" during Tottenham's 1-1 draw with West Ham and has told the club's fringe players they need to "grow up" quickly.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Jose will do well. His stint here has largely been vindictated apart from the tantrums he had thrown.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Aurier.

Manager Jose Mourinho said Serge Aurier used "his body with my brain" during Tottenham's 1-1 draw with West Ham and has told the club's fringe players they need to "grow up" quickly.
Wouldn't be a bad thing for Spurs fans. The guy is rubbish.

Mcking

If he thought we did not have enough "heritage" in Europe, it would be interesting to hear his thoughts on Spurs if they go out the CL
Well, they have been finishing well in the league and only reached the final last year.

RedDevil@84

Hope Levy has agreed to give him some good money to buy players. Else it is a waste of time for everyone.
And really hope he does well, not at our expense obviously.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
During Mourinho's first speech to the Spurs players he told them that Luis Garcia's shot didn't cross the line.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
I can’t stand the bastard but he’ll do well, at least for now. He’s still a very, very good short term manager.
Also, this should put paid to any notion of him ever managing Arsenal so I’m all for it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Didn't do it at Chelsea (second visit) failed at United . Not to fussed about this.
Well he won them the league and league Cup iirc. Not bad for a failure.

I remembered there was even a thread on the caf asking whether anyone could stop his Chelsea team at the time and could they go unbeaten the season after. He'll do well at spurs but will implode again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think that he will be success there. He has squad made for his counter attacking football.
Lethal striker, quick wingers and loads of midfielders. I think that he will only want maybe some beast of defender like Koulibaly
Have to disagree on the midfielders, think that whole area is something he'll want a big revamp in. Some will be fine as squad players, but can see him wanting a big change there. Ndombele probably the best chance at being a Mourinho starter, but needs a holding mid next to him and they dont have any.

DAK222

Supports
Liverpool
I hope Pellegrini gets sacked soon and we hear the "I won more premierships alone than the rest combined" line!

TheReligion

Abusive
Maguire himself is an upgrade on Smalling but, as I said at the time, spending £80m on him meant you didn't have the funds to sort out other areas of your team, which is why you had to get rid of Lukaku and Sanchez before bringing anyone else in, which you then failed to do.

As it happens I wouldn't want Maguire at City. I would have been fine with us signing him but he wouldn't be making any difference to our current predicament. He'd be down as one of the worst signings of the season because our back four are constantly being exposed by a midfield that's not doing its job.
Sorry but you're telling me you'd rather have the calamity that is your current back four rather than Maguire who has been a solid and proven PL performer this season and every other?

Sigh.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I think he'll do well. The best manager they could have got with a squad that is still better than ours. I expect them to finish above us this season.

Treble

Spurs are desperate to win a CL spot. Mou is famous for delivering quick results. That's the logic. Problem is this isn't the same Mou capable of delivering quick results, imo. He'll flop.

Treble

I think he'll do well. The best manager they could have got with a squad that is still better than ours. I expect them to finish above us this season.
Finishing above Ole's United is hardly success. 7th might be enough.

Lee565

Can see him doing well with the squad he has as it suits him, maybe he will buy matic and lingard off us in January :D.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
My prediction: He'll end up with 10-15 Million in compensation.

Just a slight dip in ego then the revolving door lets you back in another job. Getting sacked is very lucrative, financially.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
My prediction: He'll end up with 10-15 Million in compensation.

Just a slight dip in ego then the revolving door lets you back in another job. Getting sacked is very lucrative, financially.
I didn't thought that you were that cynical.:lol:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He'll have a couple of okay 4th/5th place finishes while playing really boring football and will probably leave in his third season again once things turn sour.

Kag

Some posters (acolytes) in here will be salivating at the prospect of defending this bellend all across the United forum.

On a more relevant note, I think the attacking players at Spurs are a good fit for Mourinho. Kane, Alli, Son: they’ve got some cracking (functional and intelligent) players. Buying effectively to replace the defence (something he failed at dismally while at United) is going to go a long way towards determining how successful he is there, however.

As for Spurs on the whole, it reeks of the sort of desperation that’s been associated with United over the past few years. Buying a hired gun that may or may not ignore the academy and cause conflict throughout the club is not what you’d associate with Spurs under Pochettino.

It might work, it might not. It’s up to Mourinho to adapt and grow up. But I said this before we gave him the job and he proceeded to try and tear the club apart in an attempt to save his reputation. For our benefit, I hope he brings down the house there.

USREDEVIL

Wow! You could sort of see it coming based on the reports which were very accurate apparently re "crisis talks" and then "mourinho being considered; will decide within hours." But it's like watching a car crash in slow motion. You are still shocked even as you see it unfold slowly. I cannot imagine the Spurs fans getting behind him for long. This will end badly by next year.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Some posters (acolytes) in here will be salivating at the prospect of defending this bellend all across the United forum.

On a more relevant note, I think the attacking players at Spurs are a good fit for Mourinho. Kane, Alli, Son: they’ve got some cracking (functional and intelligent) players. Buying effectively to replace the defence (something he failed at dismally while at United) is going to go a long way towards determining how successful he is there, however.

As for Spurs on the whole, it reeks of the sort of desperation that’s been associated with United over the past few years. Buying a hired gun that may or may not ignore the academy and cause conflict throughout the club is not what you’d associate with Spurs under Pochettino.

It might work, it might not. It’s up to Mourinho to adapt and grow up. But I said this before we gave him the job and he proceeded to try and tear the club apart in an attempt to save his reputation. For our benefit, I hope he brings down the house there.
Sissoko should be happy too, Mourinho is basically the evil version of Deschamps. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sissoko used in every sort of key roles imaginable.