Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IrishRedDevil

I suppose if he didn’t want to answer questions, walking away from the interviewer is more effective than walking towards them
It was more the manner he walked away. Almost pushing the reporter out of the way. They are obliged to answer prematch questions, but when he’s in one of his moods, the toys get thrown firmly out of the pram.

Castia

Didn’t want to answer any prematch questions so resorted to walking away.
Worrying for Spurs how rapid he’s jumped to meltdown mode. He’s usually done in year 3, seems like he’s done here in 3 months. All that’s needed now is the usual sulk after the summer window before going against everyone in the squad early next season.

Edit: losing again.

Last edited:

Tiber

:lol: I hated him at Chelsea. I hated him at Madrid. I came to loathe him at United.

But I have to say, I am really starting to appreciate the job he is doing at Spurs

slored1

Burnley having 7 shots in 15 minutes. All down to Kane and Son’s injuries, right :houllier: :D?

mu4c_20le

The thought that we actually gave this guy a job and then a contract extension is truly terrifying.

Guy Incognito

Spurs TBF is a busted flush of a club. Poch squeezed every last drop of that squad. Several players needed to move.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That lineup reminds me of the one he put out for us against West Ham away and lost 3-0, which included McTominay at centre half (with 1 or 2 actual CBs on the bench). The rattle is already well and truly out of the pram.

mu4c_20le

That lineup reminds me of the one he put out for us against West Ham away and lost 3-0, which included McTominay at centre half (with 1 or 2 actual CBs on the bench). The rattle is already well and truly out of the pram.
He has fullbacks and forwards on the bench though. Bizarre lineup

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Christ, is there anything more bloody tiresome & sack-worthy than managers 'sending messages' to their employers by fielding ballboys as goalkeepers, mascots as strikers etc etc?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
@Spurs fans

The majority of you were quick to blame Poch for Spurs' poor form over the last year or so, but Mourinho has done no better - arguably worse even.

How do you feel now, does Jose's failure absolve Poch or do you think the former still needs time?

LVGSdive

Burnley really need to get a second here. They
They're in so much control of this game and they need to put it to bed.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Jose decided to skip the foreplay and go into 3rd season meltdown inside 3 months.:drool:

Paul_Scholes18

The break seem to have messed with them fully. They won twice before it. Now 4 straight defeats really.

Kajus

@Spurs fans

The majority of you were quick to blame Poch for Spurs' poor form over the last year or so, but Mourinho has done no better - arguably worse even.

How do you feel now, does Jose's failure absolve Poch or do you think the former still needs time?
Not a Spurs fan and don’t want to imply that Jose’s doing a good job there, but he‘s still picking up more points per game than Poch this season. So technically they’re still better off with him than Poch.

Skills

Snitch
Christ, is there anything more bloody tiresome & sack-worthy than managers 'sending messages' to their employers by fielding ballboys as goalkeepers, mascots as strikers etc etc?
Some managers (Mourinho in particular) overrate their value. Most smart clubs have realised, on average a manager is worthless and the most dispensable part of the set up. One of the reasons Mourinho struggles is, because he just doesn't know his place in modern football.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Remember when Moyes insisted on 1054 crosses in one game to prove Valencia can't cross without telling him directly? That's some good player management.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Not a Spurs fan and don’t want to imply that Jose’s doing a good job there, but he‘s still picking up more points per game than Poch this season. So technically they’re still better off with him than Poch.
It's debatable as to which manager performed the better of the two, but that's not the point.

Spurs are no better under Jose than they were under Poch - I think we'd both agree there - so for me that points to a problem that extends beyond the manager and players too. That being Levy's refusal to invest in the squad when his club had cemented itself in the top four, choosing instead to focus on a new stadium, the NFL and the hotly debated cheese room.

Greck

Their form has been better than Poch. It's just Jose's style is so joyless it can make even a performing team look underwhelming. The awful football is a huge cap on what fans perceive the team's ceiling to be

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Guess this was the game he told Levy and the board that this was one of the two games he couldn’t prepare for. Expecting a masterclass against Leipzig now.

Skills

Snitch
Guess this was the game he told Levy and the board that this was one of the two games he couldn’t prepare for. Expecting a masterclass against Leipzig now.
Imagine if this was the game he said he would prepare for... Not Leipzig :wenger:

Djemba-Djemba

They were much improved in the 2nd half but they still didn't create anything from open play really and if not for an idiotic foul by Ben Mee they didn't look like scoring.

Burnley really could have been 2 or 3 up by half time if they finished better.

They still look a team in real trouble.

Irwin99

Is he going to get any of his injured attacking players back soon? Otherwise I can only see them slipping down the table

lysglimt

Scout
@Spurs fans

Pochettinos last 21 matches in charge of Spurs in the League was 5 wins, 5 Draws and 11 defeats. Mourinho has done a lot better than that.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Tiresome and, at this point, totally transparent. Once he goes into self-preservation mode it's all so predictable.