Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I used to enjoy watching Spurs under Poch.

The awful stuff they're producing under Jose brings back too many bad memories for me, like watching re-runs of our games early last year.

Kamprad

Someone should write a book about the rise and fall of Jose Mourinho.

Kaos

At this point should just call it a day and manage the Portuguese NT. Completely shot at this level.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd feel sorry for Spurs but then I know somewhere in India there's a Glaston sat somewhere and that feeling goes away

Rolaholic

102 minute goalless draw, oh how I praise the Footballing gods for not forcing this on us anymore :lol:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Spurs had a good few years under Poch and now Mourinho has bought them back down to their rightful place. I love it :lol:

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I wonder how long will Levy risk letting Mourinho stay on at the club... it’s either losing money to sack him or lose his best players instead..

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It would be interesting to see where his next job comes from? I'm expecting once that Amazon documentary is out and people see the state of affairs in the dressing room, no top team will want to touch him (although that was said earlier as well, but Spurs hired him). I don't see any of the UCL regulars from the big 5 leagues going for him. I'd be surprised if even Everton came in for him after this

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Spurs have a good squad, it's something in the players minds though, because Poch was facing issues too, it's not Mourinho.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What is perhaps more shocking is that over 60% of Utd fans thought he would win a trophy at Spurs even after the absolute shit show he did at Utd, a club with far better resources. It has been obvious for years that the game has passed him by and that he's a horrible man manager. How did people really expect this to end?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It would be interesting to see where his next job comes from? I'm expecting once that Amazon documentary is out and people see the state of affairs in the dressing room, no top team will want to touch him (although that was said earlier as well, but Spurs hired him). I don't see any of the UCL regulars from the big 5 leagues going for him. I'd be surprised if even Everton came in for him after this
Why would the documentary portray negative things about them?

joedirt87

I'm sure he will find a way to get a point out of the north london derby

did not even manage to get a shot on target? impressive

TrustInJanuzaj

Spurs have a good squad, it's something in the players minds though, because Poch was facing issues too, it's not Mourinho.
Oh come on... It's just a coincidence that they play the same tumescent football that Utd played.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
What is perhaps more shocking is that over 60% of Utd fans thought he would win a trophy at Spurs even after the absolute shit show he did at Utd, a club with far better resources. It has been obvious for years that the game has passed him by and that he's a horrible man manager. How did people really expect this to end?
Spurs had better squad than us. It's a different thing that he brought those down to his level.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
spurs fans thought that he would win them a trophy, and were willing to accept the standard of football in exchange for silverware.

however, with every job he gets worse and worse, and he doesn’t have a massive check book to get him out of trouble.

I find it amusing the support from spurs fans he still gets - surely they know some Utd and Chelsea fans who will tell them its just going to get worse and worse.

he he’s there deep into next season, spurs will be in an absolute shit state.
Never got the guarenteed trophy argument.

He 'guarenteed' back to back titles until he went to Real.

He 'guarenteed' a top 2 finish and a season with silverware until his first season back at Chelsea.

He 'guarenteed' a title in his second season until he went United.

Ed9

I just hope Glaston has settled well in India, he's not coming back anytime soon.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Could you imagine the young vibrant Jose of the 00s taking on this current version?

He would absolutely ruin him both on the pitch and in the press room and take great pleasure doing it.

United58

When's it out? Gonna be the must see drama of the year :lol:

jamesjimmybyrondean

Is he finished or is he just shit at building teams and instead suits managing established teams? He's finished for me.

TrustInJanuzaj

Spurs had better squad than us. It's a different thing that he brought those down to his level.
In my opinion, this is untrue but I get the point. It was as simple as Poch getting the most out of Spurs, while Mourinho made our squad look worse than the sum of its parts. That's not to say we didn't have significant issues but so do Spurs which have been overlooked for ages. It's just another nail in Mourinho's coffin for me.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Spurs had a good few years under Poch and now Mourinho has bought them back down to their rightful place. I love it :lol:
Quite honestly, Tottenham were absolutely terrible.
Zero goal threat and no obvious tactics.

Difficult to believe how bad they were.
Under Poch, they were a decent side and attractive to watch.
This was more like watching a parks team.
Terrible.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I only saw the end of Spurs' game today, what I saw was dreadful though. Really, really bad. You can argue about what Poch was getting from this squad. You cannot argue that Jose has failed to improve the situation. Wouldn't be shocked if he's gone by August and where does he go from there?

anant

Why would the documentary portray negative things about them?
Amazon are just documenting the season as is, so I'd expect the raw emotion in the dressing room visible to everyone. Mourinho's team talks where he asks them to sit back and all, probably tensions between players and him and so on

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Is he finished or is he just shit at building teams and instead suits managing established teams? He's finished for me.
He's been past his very best for a while but now he's just genuinely awful.

I can't identify one single attribute that made him great, he needs to retire.

anant

When's it out? Gonna be the must see drama of the year :lol:
Yeah, I'll probably take a day off from work the day it comes out. Will be up there on my to-watch shows