Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skills

Snitch
He fell into the trap of rating the players based on what they were.
He was desperate for a job and telling Levi he'll need to spend £0.5bn on new players wasn't going to get him hired.

Shark

@NotShark
The way Spurs played throughout that match and especially towards the end when they were hoofing balls into the box reminded me of United near the end of his time here. Very worrying oor Spurs.

Irrational.

You'll all end up with egg on your faces when that 2.66% interest rate matures into a new contract for Eriksen, Kane and Alli. Boom. Spurs win the stadium revenue league :cool:

RORY65

It used to be he wins the title everywhere he goes, then he stopped doing that so it became he wins trophies everywhere he goes (incredible achievement to scrape past the likes of Rostov, Anderlecht and Celta with one of the most expensive squads ever assembled) so I presume when he leaves Spurs it will be that at least he was on the payroll everywhere he goes.

BlueHaze

Seems the third season implosion has kicked in 3 years too soon. Lifeless miserable team to watch. If he doesn't turn it around soon their entire fan base will regret the sacking of Poch.

Irrational.

Just saw his post match when he was asked about the yellow card.

"I deserved the yellow card because I was rude, but I was rude with an idiot"

:lol:
That's another fine and touchline ban incoming :lol::lol:

He must be funding the running costs of the FA with how much he's paid them in fines.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

It doesn't sound like early days Mourinho, if things don't improve quickly we may witness an almighty implosion.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

The 3 finger salute will be on display before long.

The Spurs fans have no idea what they are in store for, bless them.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Man at times like this I wish @Squishysquishy wasn’t banned. But we still have other Spurs fan on here who seems to go in hiding at strange times :lol:

Let see how he will do if Kane is out for a long time. However, with Kane, he wasn’t doing that great

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
:lol: The man is a case.
Trying to shake the 4th official's hand but you know deep down, he thinks he's a prick.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I said when they appointed him (as many did) that it was a very strange move and i couldn't understand it at all, but i did think he would sort them out in the short term; it seems like he isn't even doing that.

The thing is with Jose, if he isn't bringing you winning football, he isn't bringing you much of anything.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’ve got to be honest I didn’t expect it to go how it has so far.
I thought they had a solid base and exciting attack, and he’d have them looking good and motivated. Shows what I know!

crossy1686

career ending
I said when they appointed him (as many did) that it was a very strange move and i couldn't understand it at all, but i did think he would sort them out in the short term; it seems like he isn't even doing that.

The thing is with Jose, if he isn't bringing you winning football, he isn't bringing you much of anything.
Well he's mostly bringing things you don't want, like a toxic work environment.

I find it a bit strange that LVG still gets love from some of our players but Moyes and Mourinho don't even get a mention.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
I think this has put to bed the argument that Jose wasn't one of the problems at United.

One would have thought that Jose would use this Spurs job to re-invent himself,he may win trophy(ies) at Spurs,but the team has regressed and he may end up leaving them worse than they were.This may be his last job at the top level,next step for him is to go and coach a national team .

Lynty

So Jose left a year ago but our best player still doesn't want to sign. Blaming him for that is a bit silly, don't you think.
Not really.

Pogba was frozen out the squad for a period and treated with enormous disrespect by the manager. He wanted to leave a year ago.

Jose failed deliver the success Pogba expected when he signed and used Pogba as a scapegoat. If we were in the top 4 with squad harmony, I say Pogba would sign a new deal. Its not yet off the cards.

So yes, I think Jose is the major contributing factor

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Seems the third season implosion has kicked in 3 years too soon. Lifeless miserable team to watch. If he doesn't turn it around soon their entire fan base will regret the sacking of Poch.
Some people will argue that Poch should have still been sacked and someone else would have done a better job than Mourinho, because sticking by a manager is for the birds

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Well he's mostly bringing things you don't want, like a toxic work environment.

I find it a bit strange that LVG still gets love from some of our players but Moyes and Mourinho don't even get a mention.
Well Moyes came into the team that had just won the Premier League and he was so far out of his depth that i don't think many of the players had respect for him. As for Mourinho, you answered that with your comment above about the toxicity that he brings. I think LVG was just a great character. I think a lot of the younger players had respect for him, and he didn't bring some of the the same unsavoury things to the club that Jose did. He just seemed like a guy that was easy to like.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
They're 6 pts from top 4, and probably getting torn by Liverpool in 10 days. Unless they manage a coup in this transfer window, they're fighting for a EL spot.

BlueHaze

Some people will argue that Poch should have still been sacked and someone else would have done a better job than Mourinho, because sticking by a manager is for the birds
I would personally say Rodgers would have been perfect for them but he wouldn't leave mid season.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The question is, which key players is he going to fall out with and drive out the club? :cool:

redshaw

Bit early yet to write him off.

Trouble with Jose though is he could get impatient and throw his chips in the bin. From the outside he has a lot of problems to solve there that his management pre Madrid could do.

BlueHaze

Why because he hasnt done that before right.
Because he has them playing really good and there's really no reason to leave them at the minute with how well it's going. Plus all the Arsenal speculation made Leicester give him a big extension so he probably had that in mind as well. So now if they eventually sack him the pay out will be bigger.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It may be time to offer Lingard +50m for Son or Kane.
Finally I see the point of those who said that selling Fellaini was a mistake. I think Jose would've taken a straight swap for someone like Ndombele at this point!