Jose Mourinho's press conference - City (A) at 14:00 UK

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Thing is, I don’t think Mourinho is the type to admit that the likes of Pep / Man City would affect the way he approaches a game.

He would like to portray the idea that he is confident and knows what he is doing IMO.
It's only City that have managed to 'out think' him over the last 2 seasons. He usually has a strategy up his sleeve. His Chelsea side did a perfect number on both City and Liverpool in the past

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
14:32KEY EVENT
Press conference recap
Here are the key points:

• United have the players to hurt City
  • Mourinho wouldn’t comment on City’s loss against Liverpool
  • It’s not for him to comment on City’s form
  • He wouldn’t confirm if United beat City to Sanchez
  • Romero is the only one out injured

(Image: PA)

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He is such a grump.

Seriously, hard to watch.
Really? I don't like the football he has Utd playing at times but I have a soft spot for the man himself.

I also liked LvG, so something is obviously wrong with me.

Water Melon

Pressers are there for a reason. He does not want to talk about other teams, he is not going to talk about his tactics for the upcoming match? So what on Earth should the journos ask him about? Who's unavailable? Romero. 10 secs, the presser is over. Is it the way it is supposed to be?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why he is obsessed with getting points for 2nd? For me what's important is that tommorow is an opportunity to lay down a marker for next season and when they asked him about Liverpool-City game and whether it changes his approach he says no. Its concerning if hes watched that game and decided in his mind that defending is the way. Expect more bus parking tommorow.
It's concerning that you think he should be transparent in a press conference where the media hate him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The Old Trafford derby from 06-07 on MUTV now. Vidic and Rio at the back. Scholes and Carrick in the middle. Giggs, Ronaldo and Rooney. What an amazing assemble of players.

Canagel

Think we will need to see how we perform in the game, if we give it a go or not, the result, how Jose reacts to the result. I hope as you said that he understands the significance of this game. That we do not want to be the team who hands them the title, that it is a derby match that we also want to win.
We're going to try to get enough points for 2nd = We're going to park the bus. That's my real worry but we'll have to wait and see.

Inigo Montoya

Really? I don't like the football he has Utd playing at times but I have a soft spot for the man himself.

I also liked LvG, so something is obviously wrong with me.
Not really, it's the human side coming through. We don't have to hate the personalities to such an extreme;the football,tactics etc yes, but the people themselves, it doesn't have to go too far

Inigo Montoya

We're going to try to get enough points for 2nd = We're going to park the bus. That's my real worry but we'll have to wait and see.
It depends if he's decided that he doesn't want City to win it at home against us.

Pep has to decide if it's worth chasing the win given the UCL return or Yes, we'll go for it as we have no chance in the UCL return

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Why he is obsessed with getting points for 2nd? For me what's important is that tommorow is an opportunity to lay down a marker for next season and when they asked him about Liverpool-City game and whether it changes his approach he says no. Its concerning if hes watched that game and decided in his mind that defending is the way. Expect more bus parking tommorow.
Why does he have to tell the press the exact way he is going to play? Pre-match pressers are nothing short of bull and worthless in all honesty. "Points for second" - easy, try put the relaxers on City as the league is already wrapped up. He'll tell is players what he wants privately, not bare all to the press.

DomesticTadpole

Why does he have to tell the press the exact way he is going to play? Pre-match pressers are nothing short of bull and worthless in all honesty. "Points for second" - easy, try put the relaxers on City as the league is already wrapped up. He'll tell is players what he wants privately, not bare all to the press.
Think he was pretty determined that he was going to tell them sod all.

CM

Pressers are there for a reason. He does not want to talk about other teams, he is not going to talk about his tactics for the upcoming match? So what on Earth should the journos ask him about? Who's unavailable? Romero. 10 secs, the presser is over. Is it the way it is supposed to be?
"But they keep asking him shit questions"

Ban

Conplaints about his presser are hilarious. Doesn't say anything - wrong, says too much - wrong,makes perfectly understandable points - what is he talking about.
Oh and obsession about if he's grumpy or not..
Whatever he says it will be twisted.

Canagel

There's playing it down but then there's killing the vibe. He doesn't need to tell them what the plans our but why is finishing 2nd of such paramount importance? Tomorrow's result is key but our performance and approach is even more important because the fans will be able to see the progress and we'll feel more optimistic ahead of next season. Even if we lose the game.

Deleted member 101472

What do people watch these things for? Are they expecting him to demand a three way ladder match with Klopp and Guardiola?

Ban

There's playing it down but then there's killing the vibe. He doesn't need to tell them what the plans our but why is finishing 2nd of such paramount importance? Tomorrow's result is key but our performance and approach is even more important because the fans will be able to see the progress and we'll feel more optimistic ahead of next season. Even if we lose the game.
It's good to beat them but tomorrow's game won't be a sign for anything.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Pep coming out in his presser before scouse game saying he will attack them at Anfield, didnt work out too well. Pressers are obligations, an unnecessary event in all honesty. 2nd is important as it is the best we can achieve in the league. He's reduced the pressure on the game from our side, and tried to relax City a bit since no one will catch them.

People always moan about these, it's no wonder most managers have no time for trivial shite and sometimes irrelevant questions - when the press just spin shite to suit them anyway.

rpg

Whatever he said, pretty sure his game plan is to nullify City attacking threat and nothing about stringing some attacks of our own. 11 men behind the ball at all times and occasional odd long ball forward for someone speedy to chase for.

NotATroll

Why he is obsessed with getting points for 2nd?
Down-playing.

For me what's important is that tommorow is an opportunity to lay down a marker for next season and when they asked him about Liverpool-City game and whether it changes his approach he says no.
Let everyone know we're a threat? But the advantage is to have your enemies underestimate you. This seems like people wanting Jose to apologise after Sevilla. Does it benefit them or does it benefit the team? It seems to be more about making them feel better instead of being of profit.

Its concerning if hes watched that game and decided in his mind that defending is the way.
It would be concerning if one game changed his idea of football. What's really concerning is that fans can't remember what happened to Spurs or the profile of teams who have knocked Pep's teams out of the CL in the past. These are the people who could force Jose out of the club.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Would they have spent half the press conference asking him about Liverpool vs City, if City had won the game 3-0? Does it have anything at all to do with City vs United, which is the game the press conference is actually for?

It's a bit embarrassing to be honest. These are supposed to be professional journalists. Nobody cares what Jose Mourinho thinks about Liverpool vs Manchester City.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
These press conferences are such a waste of time. The questions are fecking shite which then leads to boring answers from the manager. He's not exactly the most talkative person in the world as it is, but these journalists just make it a complete non-event

Oyibo

Because its an opportunity to lay down a marker for next season, but doesnt want them to know thats what he's thinking.

So instead he says its just another game to get points to finish 2nd......

SalfordRed1960

Conplaints about his presser are hilarious. Doesn't say anything - wrong, says too much - wrong,makes perfectly understandable points - what is he talking about.
Oh and obsession about if he's grumpy or not..
Whatever he says it will be twisted.
This. Post Fergie era. No manager can say anything to please.

el3mel

14:15
Mourinho was asked about the City vs Liverpool game
I’m not a pundit, I’m not going to comment on the game.

Another chatty response...

They really asked him about this game and people wanted him to replay ? Since when a manager is asked to anaylze another match between 2 other clubs ?

When will English journalists stop being idiots and do their job as it should ?

RedDevil@84

You want Jose to say he is going to re-watch videos of the match and copy stuff from Klopp.
Even if he wants to use some of the tactics, do you want him to say that he is going to lookup to Liverpool and borrow their game.

More importantly, do you think players could just flip and go hung-ho because one team managed to do something.

DomesticTadpole

They really asked him about this game and people wanted him to replay ? Since when a manager is asked to anaylze another match between 2 other clubs ?

When will English journalists stop being idiots and do their job as it should ?
There aren't many journalists about now. They all just write opinion pieces with no facts in them, other times they are sport gossip columnists. The fact that journalist from years ago had access to players and managers because they were trustworthy. It is no wonder nobody actually wants to talk to them as they just twist and manipulate their words to suit the agenda of the journalist.

Akshay

Staff
You want Jose to say he is going to re-watch videos of the match and copy stuff from Klopp.
Even if he wants to use some of the tactics, do you want him to say that he is going to lookup to Liverpool and borrow their game.

More importantly, do you think players could just flip and go hung-ho because one team managed to do something.
Exactly. I'd be concerned if he said he's going to throw out our previous match preparation and do something different because Liverpool won a home game. The important thing isn't if we copy Klopp or not, it's how well we're prepared for City on match-day and whether the players play with confidence and courage.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Moyes style?