Jose Mourinho's press conference - West Ham United(A) | 13:30 BST

RedDevil@84

What sort of question is that? What are they expecting as an answer?

"No, I'm not...I hope it takes aaaaages"
They don't care what he answers. They can create headlines like "Jose positive about Sir Alex recovery process" and the people desperate for positive news on Sir Alex will click it, thinking Jose is giving out some details.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Well, either the club backs him quite massively in the market this summer or we will have a manager presiding over a squad he publicly doesn't believe in, which would be quite toxic.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Up to him to make big changes in the summer then if he doesn't like what he has. Can't keep making excuses. Most of the players have individually shown better form elsewhere or under different managers, and no manager is going to have a full squad of their own signings unless the manager is there for 10 years. Gotta make do with what he has, and if he's not happy, then make significant changes because there's only about 4 clubs in the world who could spend more (Barca, Madrid, PSG and City).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Well, either the club backs him quite massively in the market this summer or we will have a manager presiding over a squad he publicly doesn't believe in, which would be quite toxic.
He hasn’t mentioned who. It’s up to the players to decide which list they fall on and if they can change his mind.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
He hasn’t mentioned who. It’s up to the players to decide which list they fall on and if they can change his mind.
I want to believe they can change his mind, question is: Do they want to? Do they have it in them to work hard, play better and all that to make him change his mind, or they gave up.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What, the old Brendan envelope trick?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Wasn't it recently he said he was happy with his squad? Now he's fecking saying he doesn't love some players, some not good enough etc. - all in public!
How about Jose looks in the mirror? Not taking one ounce of responsibility.

Awful, awful man.

haram

Wasn't it recently he said he was happy with his squad? Now he's fecking saying he doesn't love some players, some not good enough etc. - all in public!

Awful, awful man.
Some of them are not good enough, and everyone knows it. 3 games left and some of these players can leave. Jose is going to play the players he trusts in the final anyway. Players like Darmian and Blind know they’re done.

Last edited:

Jazz

Some of them are not good enough, and everyone knows it.
The problem is, how can you trust Mourinho's judgment in clearing out who is good or not? He's publicly kissing Fellaini's ass to stay. He seems to think we can go into a crucial period next season using Young in 50 games. Furthermore, some of the under performers are ones he bought. So how can we trust his judgment?

Furthermore, why can't he just get rid of players he says he 'doesn't love':rolleyes: - no need to throw shit at the them in public, it is a private matter. He's just said it to divert criticism from himself, which is horrible behaviour.

You watch, he will start throwing Lukaku under the bus next season if it suits him.

Skills

Snitch
Everytime he opens his mouth, it's like David Moyes is speaking on his behalf.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Awful, awful man.
Nothing awful. He said there is a big game between United and City, he has trust in few players to bridge the gap, believes few can step up and he is sort of sure some of them are not of required quality.

It makes sense and we have 2 dead rubbers and 1 cup finals to play.

Jazz

Everytime he opens his mouth, it's like David Moyes is speaking on his behalf.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but his personality depresses me more than Moyes ever did. That really takes some doing.

roonster09

Scout
The problem is, how can you trust Mourinho's judgment in clearing out who is good or not? He's publicly kissing Fellaini's ass to stay. He seems to think we can go into a crucial period next season using Young in 50 games. Furthermore, some of the under performers are ones he bought. So how can we trust his judgment?

Furthermore, why can't he just get rid of players he says he 'doesn't love':rolleyes: - no need to throw shit at the them in public, it is a private matter. He's just said it to divert criticism from himself, which is horrible behaviour.

You watch, he will start throwing Lukaku under the bus next season if it suits him.
That's the quote, not that he loves or hates someone personally, he is talking about level of players.

Unless you can do that, you have to keep players you don't love - when I say love, I say it 'footballistically' - and players you don't totally believe have the level of the squad.
Think it's players like Darmian, Blind and few others who will be binned.

Jazz

Nothing awful. He said there is a big game between United and City, he has trust in few players to bridge the gap, believes few can step up and he is sort of sure some of them are not of required quality.

It makes sense and we have 2 dead rubbers and 1 cup finals to play.
You shouldn't be speaking like that in public, I personally find that classless. It's also needlessly divisive and stupid. What if between now and the cup final there are injuries to a few of his faves? He'd have to turn to others to fill in. How motivated do you think they will be knowing what he thinks of them?
Footballers are spoilt bastards but still human beings who will react accordingly.

roonster09

Scout
You shouldn't be speaking like that in public, I personally find that classless. It's also needlessly divisive and stupid. What if between now and the cup final there are injuries to a few of his faves? He'd have to turn to others to fill in. How motivated do you think they will be knowing what he thinks of them?
Footballers are spoilt bastards but still human beings who will react accordingly.
He didn't name anyone. He said he don't believe in few players, so it's like he is throwing them a challenge. As it is few are not good enough anyways and for others who are in 50-50 chance, it's a challenge to prove themselves in training and games.

Jazz

He didn't name anyone. He said he don't believe in few players, so it's like he is throwing them a challenge. As it is few are not good enough anyways and for others who are in 50-50 chance, it's a challenge to prove themselves in training and games.
Instead of a challenge, he's throwing more negativity at the situation. This sort of thing wears you down mentally. He's got no balance with his approach.
I defended him the first time he called players out in public, I thought fair enough as a one off. However, he keeps doing it constantly, and not once does he take any responsibility. It's doing my head in. Every time he opens his mouth, he chips away at any joy you have for the club. If I wasn't a supporter regardless of circumstances, he would turn me off as a neutral.

A little humility goes a long way, and people respect those who take their fair share of responsibility. He just moans. It's tiring.

Kostov

You got to love the forum experts that preach how a manager should treat nowadays footballing prima donna players. How he shouldn't criticize them in public or how he should manage 20 year olds that earn more in a week than the average working man does in a year. Let's be honest Jose Mourinho is one of the most successful managers in history, he knows how to manage football players better than most people, and I'd trust his judgement over a bunch of bottlers who haven't proven anything up till now.

And he didn't even criticize anyone, he just pointed out the obvious, you work with people you like and some you don't like, what's so fecking scandalous?

STYLOISRED

I hate defending Jose on matters like this but some posters here will always find an excuse to say bad things about our manager. You call him an awful and classless man because he spoke the truth - many of our players lack the talent and/or talent to play for manutd! Something we have been crying all the time. Did he call out any player? No. Did he say that every one is bad? No. I don‘t sincerely know what some people demand from him, to come out and say all players are good enough? He is not Klopp!
And as for the Fellaini issue, i want him gone too but i fullyu understands why jose wants him- he might not have the talent but he fully applies himself when he plays and is tactical weapon for the manager.

Reactions: Sultan

haram

How can we trust Jose’s judgement? Is that a serious question? Who said Young will be playing 50 games next year? We will probably sign a LB.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
He is a miserable git....i see how he is so uninspiring to the players!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So he has said some are basically a bit soft, which we have been saying for ages. People saying he shouldn't say it in public, this time he has not named anybody and it is you who are speculating who he is talking about. He cannot say anything in public, but fans who supposedly support the team can say god know what all over social media, sometimes getting personal and that is alright. Everything is a public domain nowadays, nothing stays secret, so there is no point getting all offended for the players, they are quite prepared to leak information from the club when it suits them.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Nothing wrong with what he's said. He's not singled anybody out, he's just stated the obvious really and his feelings clearly match what a lot of us think judging by threads on here.

I think some just have a massive agenda against Mourinho and will look for anything to criticize him for.

crossy1686

career ending
Suspect Jose will have or will be told that the football has to improve for next season and his response will be 'back me in the market with £500m or sack me'.

crossy1686

career ending
It's quite literally the same thing Fergie did with the 3 envelopes. He didn't name any names and the players will want to prove and hope they're not the one's he's talking about.

Smores

So he has said some are basically a bit soft, which we have been saying for ages. People saying he shouldn't say it in public, this time he has not named anybody and it is you who are speculating who he is talking about. He cannot say anything in public, but fans who supposedly support the team can say god know what all over social media, sometimes getting personal and that is alright. Everything is a public domain nowadays, nothing stays secret, so there is no point getting all offended for the players, they are quite prepared to leak information from the club when it suits them.
Exactly this, hypocrites. Still some are in such a state right now that they get wound up over anything.

He's just throwing a challenge down, it's hillarious that anyone here thinks the players at Man Utd should feel comfortable. Players have always known they need to keep to a level or get replaced quickly that's just a given.

The idea that some of you think our players are suddenly upset at the thought the manager doesn't believe they're all good enough :lol:

roonster09

Scout
Instead of a challenge, he's throwing more negativity at the situation. This sort of thing wears you down mentally. He's got no balance with his approach.
I defended him the first time he called players out in public, I thought fair enough as a one off. However, he keeps doing it constantly, and not once does he take any responsibility. It's doing my head in. Every time he opens his mouth, he chips away at any joy you have for the club. If I wasn't a supporter regardless of circumstances, he would turn me off as a neutral.

A little humility goes a long way, and people respect those who take their fair share of responsibility. He just moans. It's tiring.
I don't think he is throwing any negativity, at least in this press conference.

I usually don't like how Jose treats his players, especially in post match conferences but there is nothing wrong with what he said in this conference.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Awful, awful man.
It's true though. It's quite clear some of them aren't good enough and might not have the mentality to make it. He doesn't mention names.