Jose saving his skin - yet again.. (Manager v Players blame game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NK86

Another pointless thread to vilify the Man Utd manager while pushing anti-Mourinho agenda (or pro-Guardiola ones). Arguments are also roundabout and nothing that has not been debated countless times before. Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics and so on and so forth.

No manager will make it here when the fanbase is full of people thinking that 1 year is enough to produce Barca 2011 with this mess of a squad and mismanagement since SAF left. The whole club, board, manager, and players, need to step it up (IMO the players especially) and make changes over the rest of the season and pre-season 2018/19. We all realize that and hopefully they do too. Best not to forget that you're Man Utd supporters and not Mourinho-haters (or lovers) when you sit down and click that Post Reply button.

People chomping at the bit to point out every supposed misstep of Mourinho are just as bad as those blindly saying all is good. And honestly, these sort of threads only attract those very two extremes, reducing any semblance of discussion to more dick-waving and whinging than anything. Honestly, every thread, even ones about players devolve into this crap.

Get a grip people. We have no God-given right to win or play scintillating football. We work with what we have and improve what we have. So far, the past 2 years have been an upward trend in general and I'd wait till things are clearly going downhill (ala Moyes) before wanting everyone from the manager and the players out. You'll never build anything if you keep pulling the walls down every 2 years. (But can we pretty please buy some new fullbacks, thanks)
We don't have the God given right to play scintillating football - What does that even mean?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
@Regalia Mourinho had most people on his side just a week ago when he pulled that win over Liverpool. The tide turned when we went out to Sevilla rarely making an attack. And since then Mourinho has been belittling the club and throwing the players under the bus.The toxic nature surrounding everything is all on him right now.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
It’s almost the mirror image of what happened at Chelsea. Players started looking disinterested before the shit hit the fan.

Part of me is wondering whether he’s had enough and is looking to get sacked. Why else would you throw not only your whole squad under the bus, but also go on a bizarre rant about how Manchester United are serial losers in Europe?

Alarm bells should have been ringing the moment that he decided to live out of a hotel rather than buy a house in the area.
Going to have to call this out. Such a bullshit stick to beat him with. He lives alone as his wife doesn’t want to leave London and his son is studying. Why would he buy a house alone? Have you ever been in one of the suites in the Lowry, because they aren’t exactly a budget hotel room?

There’s lots of things to have a go at Jose for I’m sure, but that isn’t one of them, it makes no difference where he chooses to live, absolutely none.
He should have stayed at one of the City Gate Suites off Cheetham Hill Road. I've just been there on a stag weekend. Lovely place.

Fully Fledged

Another pointless thread to vilify the Man Utd manager while pushing anti-Mourinho agenda (or pro-Guardiola ones). Arguments are also roundabout and nothing that has not been debated countless times before. Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics and so on and so forth.

No manager will make it here when the fanbase is full of people thinking that 1 year is enough to produce Barca 2011 with this mess of a squad and mismanagement since SAF left. The whole club, board, manager, and players, need to step it up (IMO the players especially) and make changes over the rest of the season and pre-season 2018/19. We all realize that and hopefully they do too. Best not to forget that you're Man Utd supporters and not Mourinho-haters (or lovers) when you sit down and click that Post Reply button.

People chomping at the bit to point out every supposed misstep of Mourinho are just as bad as those blindly saying all is good. And honestly, these sort of threads only attract those very two extremes, reducing any semblance of discussion to more dick-waving and whinging than anything. Honestly, every thread, even ones about players devolve into this crap.

Get a grip people. We have no God-given right to win or play scintillating football. We work with what we have and improve what we have. So far, the past 2 years have been an upward trend in general and I'd wait till things are clearly going downhill (ala Moyes) before wanting everyone from the manager and the players out. You'll never build anything if you keep pulling the walls down every 2 years. (But can we pretty please buy some new fullbacks, thanks)
Where? I know that this is a slur that is thrown at anybody that dares say a word against Jose but I have seen no sign of anybody being Pro Pep in this thread.

It was a slur that was thrown at me the other day but couldn't be further from the truth. I mean Feck City and everybody to do with them.

Secondly bringing up the Special Olympics as though it is an insult is low and is something that shouldn't be tolerated

NK86

For the first time since Inter Jose feels truly backed by the board.

He therefore feels emboldened to issue the toughest acid test to the players - play to my demands, respond positively to my criticism or f*ck off. Now until the end of the season is everyone's trial, anyone who is not strong enough mentally to respond positively to what he's said this week will indeed be sent packing.

He's driven to make us elite enough to overcome Manchester City. Exciting times.
Mourinho - "if the clubs are in a better situation than us stop investing and we do invest, we can be side to side. If they keep investing the same or more than us, it’s difficult. It’s as simple as that. It’s difficult."

Yeah, really driven to see us overcome City, as can be seen from the above quote from just 2 days back.

What a fool Fergie was all those years ago saying he will knock Liverpool off the fecking perch. He didn't know that what Mou said is the correct way to show your commitment to becoming the best.

NK86

Where? I know that this is a slur that is thrown at anybody that dares say a word against Jose but I have seen no sign of anybody being Pro Pep in this thread.

It was a slur that was thrown at me the other day but couldn't be further from the truth. I mean Feck City and everybody to do with them.

Secondly bringing up the Special Olympics as though it is an insult is low and is something that shouldn't be tolerated
I noted the Special Olympics comment too. Cannot believe anyone would post that shite on here.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Time to stop being so precious about the player's feelings. If they can't respond positively to some criticism then maybe they don't belong here.
He can criticize players all he wants behind close doors and during matches. When he does it during press conferences he is just trying to save his own skin and protect his own reputation. And the players will realize that.

Water Melon

People here are telling that Mou should have done better with the resources available. He is finishing his second season with us and we did nothing of note in CL or EPL. Moreover, most of the players that he has bought are not doing well. So, supporters have each and every right to doubt him. Being knocked out by Sevilla without even putting a proper fight shows that we are not doing well in Europe either. The aim is to win EPL and do really well in CL. If we do not really challenge for the Prem next season, he should leave imo.

RedFish

He can criticize players all he wants behind close doors and during matches. When he does it during press conferences he is just trying to save his own skin and protect his own reputation. And the players will realize that.
He believes in his own methods, and overall his record demands that respect. It's like when he was talking about the win against the Scousers, when he said we controlled the game without the ball. If the players don't believe in his methods, it will all crumble. I think he's holding the ship together by being strong/arrogant about his MO. I know if was following someone, in charge, then I'd prefer someone who had 100% confidence in his methods, there's nothing wrong with that per se. We don't know what he's like behind closed doors. I suspect he's more forgiving that we give him credit for.

cyberman

People here are telling that Mou should have done better with the resources available. He is finishing his second season with us and we did nothing of note in CL or EPL. Moreover, most of the players that he has bought are not doing well. So, supporters have each and every right to doubt him. Being knocked out by Sevilla without even putting a proper fight shows that we are not doing well in Europe either. The aim is to win EPL and do really well in CL. If we do not really challenge for the Prem next season, he should leave imo.
Why do you place us above Sevilla? Do you realise how we look to the rest of Europe yet Sevilla beats us and its this huge embarrassment?
Jose says there are a few Sevilla players that'll get in our side, the Caf melts down.
They then log into the Pereira thread to tell us why this Valencia sub is so amazing that it'll only be down to Jose's inadequacies if he doesn't walk into our side to become first choice.
Our club needs a clear out and it could take another 2/3 years if were lucky.
To win the EPl we need to become the best side in Europe over the next 4 months. Nobody can transform us that quickly.

roseguy64

I do agree with much of what you've said, but I have to question this comment. We have a good squad, with good players, let's not forget that. I'm happy with Mourinho to be honest, but people have (somewhat valid) criticisms of the play style he's brought, and the seemingly harsh comments directed towards players. Mourinho historically is a man that brings titles. He doesn't bring the most gloriously entertaining and expansive football, so absent silverware, is not a fair question to ask as to whether or not he's really getting the best out of the squad? Just posing the question. I still back him.
This encapsulates my stance. I'm still fine with him here but he can certainly get more out of this squad.

1974_Fergie_Time

He's always been all about self preservation. That is why I've always been amazed when some here say he spouts the shit he does to take the focus away from the players and onto himself.

Anyways, I don't understand his end game here. He is smart enough to know that if he falls out with half the team, he will be the one that gets the boot. No club can afford to replace half the team. Surely he's not stupid enough to think this is some unique scenario? The smart man that he is, he knows that he's done it before and got sacked. So which club does he think he's off to?
Can't see Man Utd sacking Jose, he is the only manager to ever to stop Guardiola retaining a league title

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He believes in his own methods, and overall his record demands that respect. It's like when he was talking about the win against the Scousers, when he said we controlled the game without the ball. If the players don't believe in his methods, it will all crumble. I think he's holding the ship together by being strong/arrogant about his MO. I know if was following someone, in charge, then I'd prefer someone who had 100% confidence in his methods, there's nothing wrong with that per se. We don't know what he's like behind closed doors. I suspect he's more forgiving that we give him credit for.
His recent press conferences does not seem like a man fully confident in his own methods.

Water Melon

Why do you place us above Sevilla? Do you realise how we look to the rest of Europe yet Sevilla beats us and its this huge embarrassment?
Jose says there are a few Sevilla players that'll get in our side, the Caf melts down.
They then log into the Pereira thread to tell us why this Valencia sub is so amazing that it'll only be down to Jose's inadequacies if he doesn't walk into our side to become first choice.
Our club needs a clear out and it could take another 2/3 years if were lucky.
To win the EPl we need to become the best side in Europe over the next 4 months. Nobody can transform us that quickly.
Well I place us above them because we are 2nd in EPL and they are 5th in La Liga, because we have one of the most expensive squads in the world, and presumably one of the best managers around. Alsowe were favourites in that tie. Two seasons with Jose and we are still really really far from challenging for top honours. I dont believe that it takes 20 new players and 4 seasons to win the Prem. But I agree to disagree.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It’s almost the mirror image of what happened at Chelsea. Players started looking disinterested before the shit hit the fan.

Part of me is wondering whether he’s had enough and is looking to get sacked. Why else would you throw not only your whole squad under the bus, but also go on a bizarre rant about how Manchester United are serial losers in Europe?

Alarm bells should have been ringing the moment that he decided to live out of a hotel rather than buy a house in the area.
Not this nonsense again. :lol:

Why would he buy a house in the Manchester area when he already owns one in London where his family are settled? Have you seen where he's staying at? He basically has his own floor in the Lowry hotel where he gets all his food cooked for him etc. All the coaching staff are there too yet the Mourinho out brigade will have you believe his staying in some shite travelodge room with his bags already packed and ready to go.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/lowry-hotel-salford-jose-mourinho-14120280

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The fact that we won those trophies and our record in the league might mean that the players might not be the spineless cowards Mourinho makes them out to be.
So, how come we were so shit before? 1 trophy in three years? Highest place in the league being 4th?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Few days before we were set up to be cautious and hit long balls to Fellaini, we don’t have a consistent approach and that is his fault and a big problem.

Indeed. It is this inconsistency of selection and reactivity to the opposition. Expecting miracles after two days of training is bizarre

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
They didn’t look depressed up until before the Sevilla game and within 3 days they look depressed again? Jesus. How fickle some of you are.
Do you even read this place?

Tons of folk have been saying we've been sleepwalking for months, only to be told 'shut up, we're winning' So that's utter bollocks.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Hard to disagree with any of this.

The thing is, you can’t divorce the attitude/performances of the players from the manager. Maybe in the first few months but we’re deep into the second season here. Mourinho’s two highest profile signings are currently so far short of putting in top performances for the manager who signed them that they can’t get in the team ahead of players already at the club when he took over.

The responsibility for getting performances out of Pogba and Sanchez has to be 100% on Mourinho and with a bunch of other players also regularly failing to do themselves justice then the theme is obvious and I don’t see how the manager can wash his hands of what’s happening.

I'd like to see him take responsibility for the performances, he seems to just take a swipe at players as soon as questions are asked of him. I'd also like him to answer questions on training and tactics. We all know how City, Spurs, Arsenal, Scousers play. How has a journalist not asked Jose what sort of tactics we employ ? What are you doing to get the best out of these players ? Because I don't see a lot of improvements and I'd like to see some accountability

RedorDead21

Not this nonsense again. :lol:

Why would he buy a house in the Manchester area when he already owns one in London where his family are settled? Have you seen where he's staying at? He basically has his own floor in the Lowry hotel where he gets all his food cooked for him etc. All the coaching staff are there too yet the Mourinho out brigade will have you believe his staying in some shite travelodge room with his bags already packed and ready to go.
The slightest thing which indicates to a player there's a chance you'll outlast the manager at the club weakens the manager's position. Rightly or wrongly and no matter how pathetic it is to mention his stay at a hotel does give the impression (even on here with many) that he won't be living in a hotel in 3-4 years.....room service should not come above giving all indications you're here to stay for the long haul..even if....you ain't!

DSG

Yes, nothing of note. A European trophy and a league cup. 2nd in the league now, despite the other sides in the top 4 having more talent. We know it’s not good enough, he knows it’s not good enough, but he needs time to properly build a squad in his image.

I realize there is a *vocal* group on this forum who live in a fantasyland with leprechauns, rainbows and herds of unicorns where Utd win EPL, CL and the FA cup every year. It’s not happening. We play in the most competitive league in the world.

Give the man some time. Instead of assuming the worst and blaming him for everything (clearly he was at fault for Pogba’s misplaced passes v Sevilla!) support him and the players who clearly support him and ARE performing like Lukaku and Matic, Lingard and Rashford.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
More assists than any player the season before we signed him then or did I make that up in my head as well? :D I'm sure there was some big thing he did that made him special before we signed him.
He had a good season but was never player of the year. He won an award given out by a paper/magazine for players' player of the year. Not the same thing.

johanovic

I have to admit I was not excited when Mourinho was brought in and mainly because I like high pressing attacking football and bringing the game to the opponent. If you look at the best sides in modern time they more or less play that kind of football and combine that with good attacking fullbacks and wingers and then you are able to open up tight defences. But I agree with Mourinho that he hardly inherited a group of world class players. I feel this decline started shortly after the 2010/11 title win even though we won agian in 2012/2013(Van Persie) and mainly because we let the spine of the team grow to old together and when age caught up with them we had a massive problem.

Those players that have their names in bold letter are those I would call high class players at that time. If you compare the teams of this season and last season to the one in 2009 I think it´s clear to see that Mourinho is right when stating we need better players. How many of the current squad would get into the 2009 or 2013 team?????? Is the simple truth that we have let our standards slip and that is the reason for the current status? Is it right when looking at the 2015-2016 squad that Mourinho inherited that only De Gea and Carrick despite his age were players of the highest standard?

2009 Van der Sar
Neville- Rio- Vidic- Evra Here Neville is coming to the end of his career as by his own admission
Valencia
- Carrick- Scholes- Giggs
Berbatov Rooney
Subs: Park,Hargreaves,Fletcher,Rafael,Evans,Nani,Owen

2013 and last Ferguson team and getting to be an old/tired team:
De Gea
Rafael
Rio Vidic Evra
Valencia Fletcher Carrick Giggs Vidic,Giggs,Scholes all getting closer to the end and Rio/Evra also. Here Rooney also has the spat with Fergie and he should have been sold then.
Van Persie Rooney
Subs: Hernandez,Nani,Welbeck,Scholes,Smalling,Jones,Evans

2015/16 the season before Mourinho came:
De Gea
Valencia Smalling Blind Shaw
Mata Carrick Herrera Depay In my mind only 2 players fit into the top tier of players here
Rooney Martial
Subs: Jones,Darmian,Rojo,Fellaini,Young,Lingard,Rashford

2017/18 team:
De Gea
Valencia Bailly Smalling Young Today´s team has 4 in the highest bracket in my estimate but there are some there that could/should be capable of that in Martial,Rashford,Sanches,Pogba

Mata McTominay Matic Pogba Sanches

Lukaku

Subs: Martial,Rashford,Lingard,Fellaini,Herrera,Carrick,Shaw,Rojo,Blind,Darmian,Lindelof,Jones

el3mel

The slightest thing which indicates to a player there's a chance you'll outlast the manager at the club weakens the manager's position. Rightly or wrongly and no matter how pathetic it is to mention his stay at a hotel does give the impression (even on here with many) that he won't be living in a hotel in 3-4 years.....room service should not come above giving all indications you're here to stay for the long haul..even if....you ain't!
I thought we passed this topic already. Mourinho himself killed it earlier. Let's not recycle useless argument for the sake of it.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Do you even read this place?

Tons of folk have been saying we've been sleepwalking for months, only to be told 'shut up, we're winning' So that's utter bollocks.
And if it wasn't for Mourinho's post match comments we would have a ton of "shut up, we're winning" type posts from many here.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I just don't see how it weakens his position. The players stay at the Lowry too so they will know how nice that hotel is and can see why Mourinho prefers staying there rather than buying a place or renting somewhere. He's basically staying in an apartment there.

RedorDead21

I have to admit I was not excited when Mourinho was brought in and mainly because I like high pressing attacking football and bringing the game to the opponent. If you look at the best sides in modern time they more or less play that kind of football and combine that with good attacking fullbacks and wingers and then you are able to open up tight defences. But I agree with Mourinho that he hardly inherited a group of world class players. I feel this decline started shortly after the 2010/11 title win even though we won agian in 2012/2013(Van Persie) and mainly because we let the spine of the team grow to old together and when age caught up with them we had a massive problem.

Those players that have their names in bold letter are those I would call high class players at that time. If you compare the teams of this season and last season to the one in 2009 I think it´s clear to see that Mourinho is right when stating we need better players. How many of the current squad would get into the 2009 or 2013 team?????? Is the simple truth that we have let our standards slip and that is the reason for the current status? Is it right when looking at the 2015-2016 squad that Mourinho inherited that only De Gea and Carrick despite his age were players of the highest standard?

2009 Van der Sar
Neville- Rio- Vidic- Evra Here Neville is coming to the end of his career as by his own admission
Valencia
- Carrick- Scholes- Giggs
Berbatov Rooney
Subs: Park,Hargreaves,Fletcher,Rafael,Evans,Nani,Owen

2013 and last Ferguson team and getting to be an old/tired team:
De Gea
Rafael
Rio Vidic Evra
Valencia Fletcher Carrick Giggs Vidic,Giggs,Scholes all getting closer to the end and Rio/Evra also. Here Rooney also has the spat with Fergie and he should have been sold then.
Van Persie Rooney
Subs: Hernandez,Nani,Welbeck,Scholes,Smalling,Jones,Evans

2015/16 the season before Mourinho came:
De Gea
Valencia Smalling Blind Shaw
Mata Carrick Herrera Depay In my mind only 2 players fit into the top tier of players here
Rooney Martial
Subs: Jones,Darmian,Rojo,Fellaini,Young,Lingard,Rashford

2017/18 team:
De Gea
Valencia Bailly Smalling Young Today´s team has 4 in the highest bracket in my estimate but there are some there that could/should be capable of that in Martial,Rashford,Sanches,Pogba

Mata McTominay Matic Pogba Sanches

Lukaku

Subs: Martial,Rashford,Lingard,Fellaini,Herrera,Carrick,Shaw,Rojo,Blind,Darmian,Lindelof,Jones

I'm a Jose loyalist on here but he is the one who buys the players and he has had less hits in that respect whilst at United than perhaps whilst at his other clubs. Very strange for him he's done better with the young lads at the club than the A listers brought in.....He needs to up his game as much as any player at the club. He's more than capable.

Parry Gallister

I honestly can't believe that we have the most gullible fans on the planet it seems.

So now we're meant to believe that mister Mourinho the paragon of attacking virtue has been teaching them attacking football all week and the players aren't buying it?

What about the rest of the season when they were following your instructions to a tee, no hint of any disharmony and the football was still shockingly poor.

I think we all know the squad in terms of quality and mentality isn't quite perfect but mate you brought Pogba and Mkhi and Lindelof - probably the three biggest fannies at the club right now as well as splurging on Sanchez who isn't mentally looking like iron man either under your management.

So we are meant to sell everything and trust you of all people to rebuild it?

The players look depressed under his management. He has sucked out the joy in their game. Shaw and Martial are a classic case in point of Mourinho bullying young players who even when they try - he'll paint a false narrative of how they play and fans buy it hook line and sinker time and time again. Martial was one of the few attacking players who was trying to be enterprising and yes he was rusty but being shoved around and benched after coming into great form will do that to a young player and mess with their head.

Shaw who admittedly is a fat blob, was being praised for training hard again - comes back into side and then gets dropped for no reason only to get picked yesterday - was decent and nowhere near as bad as some - and Jose makes it out like he's had a Moreno .. classic Jose hatchet job against a player he's had an agenda against since his Chelsea days. FWIW Shaw criticism by lots of managers so why not let him go - why hold on to him just so you can bully him for sport.

Give these guys a new manager with half the narcissism, an attacking methodology and I swear to you.. half the team if not more will respond to it and performances will pick up. They don't want to play for him - simple as that and successful teams before us have also done the same. They rejected him. Imagine Madrid fans backing Jose over what eventually become multiple Champions league winning squad. Not saying we're that good but this squad has enough quality to possibly win a league and at least play helluva lot more entertaining than what we've been subjected to under him.

Players are not blameless here but for me the buck stays with the manager. He's desperately trying to save his reputation and his ego can't take recent criticism of his management and he's trying to pin it all on a very mentally flawed squad. Yes we have some childish players but are they the sort of lads who come across like egotistical cnuts who would refuse to put in a graft under any manager? They have never cared about the club? Not really they just seem your average young lads who want to play good football, enjoy themselves and someone like Klopp would have them eating out of his hand. They don't want to be associated with this football and his weird and ad hoc selection policies must drive them mad.

Mourinho has to go first and foremost before we also bin some of the players. Right decision for all parties. He's toxic and all that cringeworthy schmoozing he was doing on the touch line yesterday doesn't hide the fact that this is no longer a manager you trust with clubs who are expected to play more proactive football and with younger players because his ego takes precedence over their development.
Don't give a feck either way who the manager is at the minute, but it's equally gullible to be swept along by a media-led narrative that he's this dinosaur capable of only playing dour football. Does he look like he's going to piss the league anytime soon? No. Are we a shambles who only play shite, will win nowt and have a mid-table squad under him? Also no.

Our problems aren't half as bad as is being made out. He's allowed to criticise players to get a reaction, didn't say they all needed selling, just they weren't sharp or committing themselves enough. Lukewarm performance against a defensive side, in the snow, in a cup competition in a world cup year and for you that's evidence the players have turned? No, stop crying, take a step back and you'll see it's bollocks.

Last edited:

RedorDead21

I just don't see how it weakens his position. The players stay at the Lowry too so they will know how nice that hotel is and can see why Mourinho prefers staying there rather than buying a place or renting somewhere. He's basically staying in an apartment there.
We are debating it on here...it's been the talk in the media at various times....If you have 2 options and 1 courts that reaction and coverage...the other doesn't...don't bloody choose one that does! It's a simple choice. You don't believe a man who buys a house vs one who lives out of a hotel gives any indication of his long term intentions? Really thats odd.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I honestly can't believe that we have the most gullible fans on the planet it seems.

So now we're meant to believe that mister Mourinho the paragon of attacking virtue has been teaching them attacking football all week and the players aren't buying it?

What about the rest of the season when they were following your instructions to a tee, no hint of any disharmony and the football was still shockingly poor.

I think we all know the squad in terms of quality and mentality isn't quite perfect but mate you brought Pogba and Mkhi and Lindelof - probably the three biggest fannies at the club right now as well as splurging on Sanchez who isn't mentally looking like iron man either under your management.

So we are meant to sell everything and trust you of all people to rebuild it?

The players look depressed under his management. He has sucked out the joy in their game. Shaw and Martial are a classic case in point of Mourinho bullying young players who even when they try - he'll paint a false narrative of how they play and fans buy it hook line and sinker time and time again. Martial was one of the few attacking players who was trying to be enterprising and yes he was rusty but being shoved around and benched after coming into great form will do that to a young player and mess with their head.

Shaw who admittedly is a fat blob, was being praised for training hard again - comes back into side and then gets dropped for no reason only to get picked yesterday - was decent and nowhere near as bad as some - and Jose makes it out like he's had a Moreno .. classic Jose hatchet job against a player he's had an agenda against since his Chelsea days. FWIW Shaw criticism by lots of managers so why not let him go - why hold on to him just so you can bully him for sport.

Give these guys a new manager with half the narcissism, an attacking methodology and I swear to you.. half the team if not more will respond to it and performances will pick up. They don't want to play for him - simple as that and successful teams before us have also done the same. They rejected him. Imagine Madrid fans backing Jose over what eventually become multiple Champions league winning squad. Not saying we're that good but this squad has enough quality to possibly win a league and at least play helluva lot more entertaining than what we've been subjected to under him.

Players are not blameless here but for me the buck stays with the manager. He's desperately trying to save his reputation and his ego can't take recent criticism of his management and he's trying to pin it all on a very mentally flawed squad. Yes we have some childish players but are they the sort of lads who come across like egotistical cnuts who would refuse to put in a graft under any manager? They have never cared about the club? Not really they just seem your average young lads who want to play good football, enjoy themselves and someone like Klopp would have them eating out of his hand. They don't want to be associated with this football and his weird and ad hoc selection policies must drive them mad.

Mourinho has to go first and foremost before we also bin some of the players. Right decision for all parties. He's toxic and all that cringeworthy schmoozing he was doing on the touch line yesterday doesn't hide the fact that this is no longer a manager you trust with clubs who are expected to play more proactive football and with younger players because his ego takes precedence over their development.
100% agree. Think we should get rid at the end of the season.

ash_86

Someone not following football looks at these threads, he'd be thinking we're fighting relegation battle. We've beaten every top team this season bar one above us with a game in hand against them. Chill out people, we're doing quite good!!

johanovic

I'm a Jose loyalist on here but he is the one who buys the players and he has had less hits in that respect whilst at United than perhaps whilst at his other clubs. Very strange for him he's done better with the young lads at the club than the A listers brought in.....He needs to up his game as much as any player at the club. He's more than capable.
Agree with you and I think we have some really promising young players in Tuanzebe,Mensah,Chong,O´Connor,Garner,Gomes and Greenwood and hopefully they will get chances in the coming seasons. But Mourinho hardly got a lot of A list players to start with.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Someone not following football looks at these threads, he'd be thinking we're fighting relegation battle. We've beaten every top team this season bar one above us with a game in hand against them. Chill out people, we're doing quite good!!
Tell Mourinho that.

ValenciaRocks

To be fair on Jose, he has deflected any negative headlines about the players and placed the spotlight on himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.