Jose: "There are those who want to be here at any cost and those who suffer with a little pain."

Do you agree with Jose criticizing players in public for not being willing/fit to play?

• Total voters

3KDré

I'd take Shaw at Chelsea. You can have are more Jose-type player like Mikel in return.
In place of Alonso?

You can have him on one condition: We get Eden in return.

EDIT:
On second thoughts, Eden+Mourinho is not a good idea.

Terminator

Mourinho should not the same mistake of letting highly talented youngsters leave again. Hopefully he is not talking about Shaw, who he already criticised openly to the media after the Watford game.

Judas

Open to offers
I fail to see who it benefits making these sorts of comments to the press. Who is it really supposes to help? Just makes the club look a mess.

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
Maybe he means Shaw's brother?

3KDré

I'm really disappointed to be honest. You can see Mourinho wants to build a team of men who will play with and for him but if the attitudes of Shaw, Martial and Mkhi aren't up to scratch then we will suffer as a team because they've the potential to make us much better.

If that is the case, Mou must get his own players in replacement.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Fergie used to make those sort of comments all the time, he just disguised it by using the word "hunger"

Sure he pretty much said Saha was sick in his own head

Marcelinho87

Doubt it's him. Tbf to him, he's a poor player but he always seems to available no matter what.
The caf is a fecking joke :lol:

Poor player? I guess you was one of those calling him brilliant and best passer behind carrick etc?

The opinions on here about players change like the wind and it is embarrasing.

Man-United

For me it seem clear he talks about Shaw in that interview. As he said before the game Shaw told him he wasn't fit?

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm fully behind Jose, need a change of culture in the club and he can start by showing the door to some of the wimps we currently have in the squad.
I agree, it's all well and good changing managers and all the rest of it but if you've got a group of players that are trying their best every week and a group which are crying off when things aren't going well but are soon up for it when things are then of course there are going to be problems.

Skills

Snitch
The caf is a fecking joke :lol:

Poor player? I guess you was one of those calling him brilliant and best passer behind carrick etc?

The opinions on here about players change like the wind and it is embarrasing.
Nah I've always maintained he's poor.

Skills

Snitch
What's so shocking? Mourinho doesn't last more than 3 years, you can see his record. I desperately wanted him since last season, but it's one of those things you accept.

I'm hoping Shaw will be here for a lot longer than that, as that's one of the reasons we invested so much in him.

Dobbs

To overcome an injury like that you have to be mentally strong
I always disagree with this sort of thing. He had two options, do a couple of hours rehab everyday and resume career as a millionaire footballer.

Alternatively do the rehab half arsed and go work in Tescos.

I really don't see how recovering from a broken leg proves anything.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Mourinho is spot on. We need everyone pulling in the same direction and giving their all.

As soon someone sees one player 'not fancying it' and getting a nice Sunday off they'll think 'i wouldn't mind a bit of that myself' for the next tricky away game. Doesn't take much for a 'don't care' attitude to spread.

I bet whoever it was would have been fine for a cushy home game at Old Trafford. It's the kind of attitude which explains why our away record is so poor.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm starting to hate these little digs at our own players in public by Mourinho. They're becoming way too many.

Just like we ask of players to show strength and character in these though times, the same should be asked of our manager.

Clear and sort your issues privately. We and the world don't needs to know about all the ugly things going on with certain players.

The manager feels hurt and he's quick to whine about it in public. He should be leading by example and show character in these dreadful periods.

This is like the 5th dig Mou has had about some of his players.Stop that nonsense ffs, that's how rifts start.

One dig was understandable. Ok some players need a kick then it became constant which show a poor attitude from the manager himself.

Sort yourself out first Mourinho.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If Mourinho's culture is to deal with internal affairs infront of cameras, he can take his backside back to London.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
There is such a thing as tough love. Mourinho calling players out doesn't necessarily mean he wants them gone. Might be just a kick in the arse some people need.

Rockets Redglare

Its very shocking if it is Shaw

He was praised last season for his work and desire to come back from that leg break

Jose, you better fix it
So you're happy for one of our players to tell the manager they don't want to play because they don't feel up to it?
He's right to be pissed off, Shaw has been a liability since he came back and it looks like he can't even be arsed to try.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
When the manager says this, how can anyone cast doubt on the kind of things we're seeing in Red Issue and the United Pages?

We see the proof ourselves. The steady drip of anti-Mourinho stories turning up in the Sun and the Mail from 'senior players' or 'sources within the camp'. Its all pathetic.

We've got these Spice Boys and their entourages, complete with agents, brand consultants and hangers on, taking swipes at the boss for dropping under performers. Its this Manchester United or Harchester United? :rolleyes:

When Ed Woodward said he wanted us to compete with Real Madrid I doubt this is what he had in mind...

whatagoodname

Supports
Liverpool
i get what everyone is saying that he needs to change the culture.

But why does he have to do it infront of the camera?

Shouldn't he be addressing this behind closed doors?

Feels it's hypocritical by him continuously airing this publicly.

Sylar

Tough one, isnt it? Jose says nothing, and people will say "why the F isnt x or y playing" (eg Mkhi, Shaw, Martial, etc)

Jose says it how it is "weak mentality", etc, and some say it shouldnt come out.

Cant please everybody. Jose needs to do what he think is best for the club.

LS17

Seems it's Shaw. Don't think Martial's agent saying he was upset is too big of a deal. Shaw not playing cause of a niggle and his brother going on a rant on twitter earlier on in the season is a bit more serious.

I think he's right to do it, it's time for people to take a stand and start delivering consistently at the top level. The players with the correct attitudes will react to these sort of things and it'll help Jose properly identify who's not got the personality to help us get back to the top.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If Mourinho's culture is to deal with internal affairs infront of cameras, he can take his backside back to London.
As much as what he's saying might be true, it never ends well.

Hammerfell

Tough one, isnt it? Jose says nothing, and people will say "why the F isnt x or y playing" (eg Mkhi, Shaw, Martial, etc)

Jose says it how it is "weak mentality", etc, and some say it shouldnt come out.

Cant please everybody. Jose needs to do what he think is best for the club.
I think there are a few who'll never be pleased so long as Mourinho is here.

liamp

Mourinho is spot on. We need everyone pulling in the same direction and giving their all.

As soon someone sees one player 'not fancying it' and getting a nice Sunday off they'll think 'i wouldn't mind a bit of that myself' for the next tricky away game. Doesn't take much for a 'don't care' attitude to spread.
The only side of the story we know is Mourinho's, so it's probably best to take all of this with a huge grain of salt.

newgiz

I don't really understand why he had to say this in public. This could have been dealt with internally.

Over the last few years, Jose has had a lot of run-ins with players and it hasn't exactly worked out well for him (both at Real and Chelsea).

What are the odds that this approach would work at our club?

SirScholes

That's what I thought when I saw the team sheet. All players who it seems Mourinho can trust. Mentally and in terms of performance.
You know jones is going to play because the fecker has no choice but to play injured, when is he not ha