Jose wants to return

Eddy_JukeZ

If he had changed his ways post-United and showed signs of re-inventing himself while achieving great results, sure.

The problem is, he's even more stubborn post-United and kept declining as a manager.

I'm not sure he'd even be a top 10 manager in this league now.

KeanoMagicHat

I rather us play Jose's style for the rest of the season and have a chance of qualifying for Europe and/or win the FA Cup than stick with Erik and probably end up in the bottom half of the table with no trophies.
Mourinho hasn’t qualified for the Champions League with the club he’s managing now for 5 years. Failed at Roma and Spurs, and was going to at United before he was sacked. So his football is neither good to watch, or successful. Game has passed him by.

Aside from the league, Ten Hag won the League Cup last year and got to the FA Cup final, so why would Mourinho have a better chance of winning the FA Cup than Ten Hag?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
This thread should be used as a good way to remove the last few Mourinho cultists on the forum. The most toxic era the club has ever experienced and a portion of the “fanbase” was insufferable during his era. Good riddance to the toxic one!

NWRed

Let’s not compare EtH with the king if you don’t mind. EtH gets a lot of unfair shit on here, but this is a very unfair comparison/edit based on what EtH has served up so far, which has been largely expensively acquired dreck and awful football.
In 88/89 the future was unwritten and no one knew what Alex Ferguson would go on to achieve. At that time he had finished 2nd in his first full season and then 11th in the second, he had a brilliant record with his previous club in a much smaller league but had massively underperforming with United in his second season. He hadn't won anything in 2 1/2 years and to some seemed out of his depth. The comparison is valid.

To those critical of EtH and wanting a change there is only one response - have some fecking patience and give the guy a chance.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I wouldn't take that guys opinion as fact. I enjoyed large parts of the Ole era, I'd say the best parts were the best parts of post SAF, but in the end Jose won two trophies and got our highest points total since his retirement, so he has an objective case for best or second best.
Either way, whether you rate him as the best, second best or worst I don't think United should offer him a job. He was very good and maybe the conditions weren't the best back then but that's already in the past and everyone needs to move on.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Can’t believe people are actually seriously talking about this…

There is no way that Mourinho is hired by Utd again. It’s ludicrous to even entertain such a notion.

Zero chance of it happening. Move on.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Can’t believe people are actually seriously talking about this…

There is no way that Mourinho is hired by Utd again. It’s ludicrous to even entertain such a notion.

Zero chance of it happening. Move on.
Yes, I am also surprised this obvious bit of self PR by Jose has generated 16 pages of discussion. What’s all the more shocking is that it isn’t 16 pages of ‘hells to the feck no!’

Tyrion

If he had changed his ways post-United and showed signs of re-inventing himself while achieving great results, sure.

The problem is, he's even more stubborn post-United and kept declining as a manager.

Yep. He's a caricature of himself. He's gotten more defensive on the pitch, more prone to blaming the players and more likely to get into stupid arguments. Everything good about his management from 15 years ago has declined and everything bad has increased.

Newcastle would be making a big mistake in appointing him. That said, he'd make the car crash so dramatic I am kinda hoping someone in England is daft enough to do it.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Yes, I am also surprised this obvious bit of self PR by Jose has generated 16 pages of discussion. What’s all the more shocking is that it isn’t 16 pages of ‘hells to the feck no!’
I have genuinely mused on the idea that it might be the club pushing the story in order to get the players firmly behind ETH :lol:

Monks_United

He can return if he promises to get 20 G+A out of Antony in the premier league over a single season. If he doesn’t get that then he has to leave the club and buy Antony off of his own money and adopt him as his kid and leave him with his entire inheritance. Let’s give the special one a special player if he is to return

Captmfla

Mourinho is a scout manager. He's more interested in buying good players to make the team strong than to actually inspire his team.

His purchase of players like Lukaku, Dybala, Tammy illustrate so. I wonder who was the Lucky stars who got him Lampard, Drogba, Terry and Cech. Basically the backbone of the Chelsea squad was there and he just built on them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Pep, Klopp, Arteta, Emery, Ange, RDZ, Howe, Marco Silva are better for sure. You can always argue EtH and Poch are better too.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If he becomes Chelsea manager for the 3rd time I'd laugh at them youtube channels who cried their heart out when Jose left them the 2nd time.
"We sacked our legend!! now what!!! Im sick of Roman!!" and then they got themselves Boehly. Congratulations. I hope he'll go there and sacked again.

ryansgirl

Same. I'd take back Ole in another caretaker role in a heartbeat. I'd take back Moyes if meant stopping Jose returning
No, no and no again to the Moyes comment.

Maybe you don`t remember the way he managed to alienate within a very short time the same players who were title winners by his small-time approach to proven winners, his lack of tactical nouse, his micro-managing including about the chips the players had a custom of eating on a certain day, his inability to work with what he had been left which was darn good compared to most other clubs even if the age factor of some players had to be dealt with and the general faffing around and achieving nothing because David Moyes just could not handle a huge club like Manchester United.

He was the worst choice after Sir Alex - apart from being Scottish and having the reputation of being down-to-earth and getting the best out of the players he had to work with. It was sad to see how he struggled but he apparently didn`t want to take experienced advice as he set himself up by dismantling the staff who had been proven winners.
A better manager would have thought that they didn`t have to take an axe to the staff to be `my own man`. Moyes could have brought certain trusted people with him without getting rid of people at United who could have helped him avoid some of the nonsense he perpetrated.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mou's career is over. His tactics are known and haven't changed at all, he lost Faria who brought a breath of fresh air in his game and his short term mentality is not liked anymore. Football has moved on both tactically and administrative wise. The counter attack game is dying out (allegri and conte are struggling as well) while this 'manager is the centre of the universe' mentality had given way to a more modern approach were the manager represents a small cog in an intricate machine.

Mou should get a job with the national team(football is always few years behind at the level). He shouldn't aim for another severence pay from us

SunTzu

In what world would Utd take Mourinho back?!

The only manager I would consider is Olé.

JediSith

I think our squad would suit LVG better.
Good comment. The first 11 suited for ETH, when we are forced to start Maguire and Mctominnay I think LVG is the guy who would get us defensively sound but now with better creative options it wouldn’t just be sideways passing.