Jose wants to return

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Only insane opinions. Like the notion that handing Jose Mourinho the reins right now would be a good idea. Or that the earth is flat and vaccines don’t work.

All sorts of other opinions are perfectly acceptable.
Thanks.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
No he’s sacked because he’s toxic and treats everyone like shite. That’s the reason he’s never at a club longer than 3 years. He had money to spend here and did he spend it wisely?
He did better than any of out post Sir Alex managers.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
This is so massively incorrect that it is funny. Monchi ruined Roma with a ridiculous number of overpiad signings, leaving them with an incredibly bloated squad of worthless players on big wages. Roma spent some money when Jose arrived but they were moving players out even then and since his first window they have made a net profit selling multiple players whilst only sanctioning free agents and loan deals in. I don't want him back here but he did a decent job at Roma with severe financial limitations.
What part of what I wrote is incorrect?

That their player cost is third highest in Serie A? That it used to be fifth highest? Or is the wages you think is incorrect?

Monchi left Rome in 2019. Five years ago. Two years before Mourinho arrived. Only two players (Karsdorp and Coric) in the squad in 22/23 where signed during his time there.

Last edited:

Dixieland Delight

This sounds like the usual vapid speculation that passes for sports journalism. Even in jest, this is a terrible idea. In his peak he was a poor fit for us, and he's a long way from that peak now. Leave him to swig wine in multistory car parks, yelling obscenities at imaginary refs, that's about his level now.

James35

I would have him back for sure. Best manager we have had by some distance since SAF.

Tabloid nonsense though I’m guessing.

LDUred

I like Jose and I get that he has a special connection with the club. He did better than any other manager post SAF and brought in some silverware.

But he's lost something and that's undeniable. The last big trophy he won was La Liga in 2012 and that's well over ten years ago now.

Going back to a former boss who looks on the wane and him trying to win over an already toxic dressing room is frying pan + fire stuff.

always_hoping

Worst of the worst because he’s reporting something you don’t like. Hmmmm ok cool.
I don't like UK journalists with their pure guess work and speculation to grab some attention/likes on social media. The real hmm is how some lap up this as so called news and accurate.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I would have him back for sure. Best manager we have had by some distance since SAF.

Tabloid nonsense though I’m guessing.
A big number of members agree with you and others disagree.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
If this were to happen, I would finally find out whether it was possible to jizz without sexual arousal.

It would be the football thing that made me happiest since Moscow 2008.

Having said that, will never happen.

Herman Toothrot

I like Jose and I get that he has a special connection with the club. He did better than any other manager post SAF and brought in some silverware.

But he's lost something and that's undeniable. The last big trophy he won was La Liga in 2012 and that's well over ten years ago now.

Going back to a boss who looks on the wane and him trying to win over an already toxic dressing room is frying pan + fire stuff.
I've had pisses at Old Trafford that have had a better connection with the club.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I thought winning the Europa League, League Cup, Community Shield and second place finish in his first season was entertaining. If you don't, then perhaps you prefer losing football. That is what we have. Nobody is coming close to bettering Jose post-Fergie.
No. I very much agree with you that Jose achieved a fantastic outcome finishing 2nd with 81 points I think. But at the end it was far from entertaining.

Robbie Boy

I really wanted us to appoint him and overall he done ok in some respects. He's statistically the best manager we've had post-Fergie, but in reality, he's kind of just the best of a very bad bunch. There's absolutely no way I would take him back as he was a toxic wanker by the end of his tenure, and nothing he has done since suggests that he is good enough anymore.

Laurencio

I'm no Jose fan but with proper backing he still can do it. But I don't want him at United though.

Imagine the new CEO presenting Jose as the man to take us back to top ?
"We aim to do things the right way. To not make hasty judgements, and to rebuild this great team into a force of European Football by hiring the best in class in every position. It's important that our manager shares our vision for how we want to play and continue to build the club. That's why we've gone and hired Jose Mourinho, who has not only failed here before, but also at Chelsea and Roma, and plays a completely different style to the one we want to aim for. Aren't we great?"

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Love it how people think he’s lost something, he’s a winner plain and simple, but what matters more than him is the team and back room being stable and secure and headed in the right direction. With Chelsea after he left how have they done? United are we any better? Roma are the finances there to truly compete? Would love to see it but don’t think he’ll get the chance to come back. But he’s a great manager one of the greats still left around.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Love it how people think he’s lost something, he’s a winner plain and simple, but what matters more than him is the team and back room being stable and secure and headed in the right direction. With Chelsea after he left how have they done? United are we any better? Roma are the finances there to truly compete? Would love to see it but don’t think he’ll get the chance to come back. But he’s a great manager one of the greats still left around.

Honestly, I gave up on this forum regarding Mourinho when I asked someone if he thought Mourinho could win the league with Man City's squad and they said no, he would have around 85 points. I did not bother responding. There is simply no point.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Still doesn’t mean he’s the right man now. Need to look forward not backwards.
Along with Rangnick he pinpointed in no uncertain way that United needed surgery in many places and they had the guts to say so

Zen

More chance of being back at Chelsea to be fair.

hobbers

Easy way to sum up Jose, Ole and ETH in terms of how good a job they did...

Worst derby defeat under Jose was 3-1, and that was 2 days before he was sacked.
Worst derby defeat under Ole was 5-0
Worst derby defeats under ETH were 6-3, 3-0 and who could forget 7-0 less than 2 weeks after winning a cup.

Clear (backwards) progression

tomaldinho1

If we lose to Wolves tomorrow, get ready for the Jose interim stories to start.

Zed 101

Football has moved on, his brand and style worked for a few years but now doesn't

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Hated the end of his time here and wasn’t keen all his time here but it shows how far we’ve fallen to even have that thought of what if he came back :(

Nogho

Comparing EtH with Mourinho is like comparing a Fiat to a Ferrari. EtH has a couple of titles in Holland and a league cup. Mourinho has won it all. If he's fit for the current United is a whole other story. Would I take him instead of the chewing dutch guy? Of course. Is he my first chose, of course not.

Abhinav

With the way its going, more likely we could see Jose part 3 at Chelsea

Gandalf

What part of what I wrote is incorrect?

That their player cost is third highest in Serie A? That it used to be fifth highest? Or is the wages you think is incorrect?

Monchi left Rome in 2019. Five years ago. Two years before Mourinho arrived. Only two players (Karsdorp and Coric) in the squad in 22/23 where signed during his time there.
This explains everything, the spending you want to pin on Jose all happened before he got there.

https://theathletic.com/5179403/202...go-pinto-mourinho/?source=user_shared_article

Kostov

I really wanted us to appoint him and overall he done ok in some respects. He's statistically the best manager we've had post-Fergie, but in reality, he's kind of just the best of a very bad bunch. There's absolutely no way I would take him back as he was a toxic wanker by the end of his tenure, and nothing he has done since suggests that he is good enough anymore.
By all accounts he is a toxic wanker, but so was the entire group we had and still have at the club in big chunks.