Jose wants to return

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He knows INEOS will act quickly for failing managers. He wants in to get his sacking compensation and make it past 100m mark.

KeanoMagicHat

If Jose (2 trophies) is the virus, what the feck does that say for the others? :lol:
He’s been sacked in disgrace 4 times now since 2016, maybe he is the problem. Also Ten Hag has won the same trophy but I don’t think he’s the answer either. And Mourinho just has a Europa League with a historically soft run to it to cover up finishing 6th that season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think this story serves two purposes. It puts Jose in a luxury shop window which is not really where he's at these days, so maybe he'll strike gold and get a decent position somewhere. It also normalises the idea that United are looking for a new manager (if indeed, that's what INEOS are doing, which I assume they are).

Lemoor

Do people just have no memory at all? Or they think that because what we're doing now hasn't worked, trying something else that we already tried and also didn't work somehow becomes a good idea? Like if you fail your driving test by driving on the wrong side of the road, and then fail your next test because you forgot the difference between red and green, the next time you take the test you should try driving on the wrong side of the road again?
Obviously those posts are absurd. Everyone knows that Moyes is the right solution, not Mourinho!

Blood Mage

I'm sure he does but I doubt Berrada and our new DoF will be that stupid. We need to look to the future and he is a busted flush.

tenhagsimp

I'm a big Jose fan.
I think he'd have been the perfect guy to take over from SAF when he left.
We'd certainly have won the league with an aging squad (something Jose likes - working with players in their 30s).

Even when he did come to us, I felt he needed back in his 3rd season, after he got 2nd place. But he wasn't backed and the rest is history.

I think Jose is now past his best and we must look elsewhere. And given that a lot of our squad members are under 30, this could be an issue for Jose.
It just wouldn't make sense for us.
We must look elsewhere for sure, but if ETH somehow makes us play even worse and get the sack, I dont mind him as an interim till the season ends. At least he can grind out a few defensive wins. Not a glowing commendation though since I will take anyone other then ETH at the moment. Right now we cant attack and we cant defend. The football was also as dour as under Mou. Player discipline is at the worst cause it looks like no one respects the manager.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Very few things would make me stop watching Utd games, but this would put an end to it without hesitation.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Are you stupid ?

I never said anything remotely of the sort.
Am I stupid? You're the guy that was trying to make out Pep is only good because he's backed by money and arguing against him being one of the best, whilst waffling on about the unprecedented issues that Ten Hag has had to deal with. This was when it was mentioned that many posters considered Ten Hag in that bracket at one point. If you can be arsed then go back and read the thread, people were even laughing at the fact it was even up for debate.

You'd get little support from anyone worth their salt in the football world with your arguments. You waded in when I made a point about people putting ETH in the same bracket as Pep, trying to argue that Pep is only good because of the money he's had. Obviously your argument got pulled apart in the end, and you did start claiming Ten Hag has had issues to deal with in the same argument. So it was clearly construed as you trying to argue the point by not just myself, though I suspect you've got your tail between your legs now and realise how daft you sounded.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Classic @pocco making things up I see.
When somebody makes a point about posters previously thinking that Ten Hag was in the same bracket as Pep, and other posters start trying to claim Pep isn't that great and Ten Hag is struggling because of issues he's had to deal with, in the same argument, and then persists over and over with that argument, then I can see what's up. He didn't have the nuts to say it but he and other posters clearly either still thought it, or were furious at being pointed out how wrong they were. Why anybody would start such a ridiculous argument otherwise just makes no sense.

But yeah, classic. Ha ha. Good one pal.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Mike Keegan is a clown

Hell will freeze over sooner than INEOS hires Jose for United rebuild

Even for a bold speculation this is on another planet

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
United Hour podcast in 3 months:
Nik (Rood), Imran (Annihilate Now or later I'm not fussy) discussed the return of JoMo back to United during which he said he's going all in to make sure there's no cure to Pep baldness.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
No thanks. We dont want negative defensive football

LDUred

I've had pisses at Old Trafford that have had a better connection with the club.
Maybe your pisses are those long and satisfying ones but I remember Jose Mourinho stopping Gerrard's Liverpool from winning the league when they looked destined to win.

On that basis alone, he has a connection with us.

Not enough to give him another stint, mind.

Last edited:

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
But the special one and the biggest club in the world falling off a cliff together would also be one hell of story... A lot would enjoy it. Manchester United and Mourinho both have a lot of people who love to see them fail.
In fairness, I would argue that this has happened during his previous reign, as evidenced by the clubs he had to join afterwards and what United have won since.

Chumpsbechumps

I am not defending ETH by discussing Pep. I am actually just discussing Pep becasue people over inflate his ability. The only reason I am discussing Pep in ETH thread is because people are over inflating his ability in general, none of this defends ETH or excuses him, I am just fed up with the sycophantic love affair many in football have with silver spoon Pep.
Here’s me saying exactly why I was discussing Pep in an ETH thread. Absolutely nothing to do with comparing their abilities on any level.

Am I stupid? You're the guy that was trying to make out Pep is only good because he's backed by money and arguing against him being one of the best, whilst waffling on about the unprecedented issues that Ten Hag has had to deal with. This was when it was mentioned that many posters considered Ten Hag in that bracket at one point. If you can be arsed then go back and read the thread, people were even laughing at the fact it was even up for debate.

You'd get little support from anyone worth their salt in the football world with your arguments. You waded in when I made a point about people putting ETH in the same bracket as Pep, trying to argue that Pep is only good because of the money he's had. Obviously your argument got pulled apart in the end, and you did start claiming Ten Hag has had issues to deal with in the same argument. So it was clearly construed as you trying to argue the point by not just myself, though I suspect you've got your tail between your legs now and realise how daft you sounded.
When somebody makes a point about posters previously thinking that Ten Hag was in the same bracket as Pep, and other posters start trying to claim Pep isn't that great and Ten Hag is struggling because of issues he's had to deal with, in the same argument, and then persists over and over with that argument, then I can see what's up. He didn't have the nuts to say it but he and other posters clearly either still thought it, or were furious at being pointed out how wrong they were. Why anybody would start such a ridiculous argument otherwise just makes no sense.

But yeah, classic. Ha ha. Good one pal.
Gotta be honest, there is a part of me impressed how comitted to you are to this horseh*t.

I can’t really pick apart this sort of fantasy thinking. You keep being you, just maybe find somebody else to make up lies about, I’m not really looking for that kind of connection with anybody at this time.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Is there any remotely legit source saying this?

He is an incredibly toxic personality who deliberately sabotages the club and players when he doesn't get things his own way. That by itself should immediately invalidate him in everyone's eyes, and it amazes me there are some who want him back. His shit playstyle that is pretty much the opposite of every club in the world that is having consistent success over the last decade, and the fact he's having to continue to drop further down the 'pecking order' of clubs (and continuing to fail there) makes it even worse.

I'm sure he'd happily come back if we offered him the job since no top team in the world will touch him with a 10 foot pole anymore. But thankfully we obviously won't offer it to him.

Gordon Godot

Is there any remotely legit source saying this?

He is an incredibly toxic personality who deliberately sabotages the club and players when he doesn't get things his own way. That by itself should immediately invalidate him in everyone's eyes, and it amazes me there are some who want him back. His shit playstyle that is pretty much the opposite of every club in the world that is having consistent success over the last decade, and the fact he's having to continue to drop further down the 'pecking order' of clubs (and continuing to fail there) makes it even worse.

I'm sure he'd happily come back if we offered him the job since no top team in the world will touch him with a 10 foot pole anymore. But thankfully we obviously won't offer it to him.
100% spot on, horrible toxic manager. Some posters amaze me. His signings were almost as bad as ETH. Basic football and tended towards Ole style low block even against poor teams.

buchansleftleg

This is like a late night text from a toxic ex boyfriend saying "Still up??"

The sheer number of people claiming...

It will be different this time....
You don't know him like I do....
He's a changed person now....
I remember the good times....
I can change him / it will be better this time...

I think our fanbase needs counselling - we're traumatised!

ZupZup

I vividly remember moping by way back to the tram stop after a dismal performance under Jose and an old United fan, I would say in his 70's or 80's, was spilling an expletive laden rant... he finished by saying out loudly that if he owned a gun, he'd have shot Mourinho. Any mention of him and United now, and the whole scene just flashes before my eyes.

MattofManchester

2014, after we had won the league was the best time to get him. He still had charisma and was a force to be reckoned with.

Going back to his time here, that third season was horrible, and it was time to go. But interestingly, it seems this is where our issues with player discipline and power began to be problematic.

Quite a few of those players linked to the unrest are still here, too.

But this is a garbage report. He's completely washed as a manager, toxic and frankly should consider punditry or retirement.

Mubs

Sacking ETH for Jose would be peak United.

I kinda want it to happen...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Our EL win under Jose was one of the worst games of football I've ever seen. We did nothing but kick the ball into the air all night to make the game as messy as possible.
Football at its worst.
It is final. You play for the win. He detected that they can't deal with our height and strength and used it. Ajax was attacking team that year and praised for their performances. Well, they were nowhere seen against us in that game. That final was one way game from minute one. Without stress or panic.
Having issues about performances prior to that final is perfectly valid but to criticize that final is strange.