Jose's signings and those possibly leaving this summer?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
As said in a previous thread, its very rare that Mou tries to break the bank. He would bid for a player and if the club's valuation is higher then the one he had set then he will back off and move for another player.

I think we will see something within these lines

GK: The same

Fullbacks: Mou is pretty much aware that wingers in the EPL are a big thing so he just love to add a CB on the either one of the rear flanks to add inches and solidity to the defence while allowing an attacking full back room to attack. I have a feeling that Manolas will be our version of Gallas and Ivanovic. Considering that Shaw is pretty unlucky with injuries I won't be surprised if he gets Rodriguez on the left. He's got a minimum fee clause of 25m and he's the attacking full back he likes. As cover it will be a competition between Darmian and Valencia on who will stay.

CB: With Manolas on the right, Mou will afford playing a ball playing CB (similar to Carvalho and Cahill). He may go for John Stones but if he's too costly he'll probably switch to someone else like Varane or Marquinhos

DM: Mou just love two hardworking midfielders in a deeper role. However he tend to like them with adequate vision and passing ability. In most cases he had a more hardworking and less talented defensive midfielder (ex Zanetti) who was then partnered with a slightly less hardworking but more talented CM (ex Cambiasso). I can see Schneiderlin covering the former role quite easily. Mou will probably get a young defensive minded midfielder as cover like Neves for example. Blind and Bastian can cover the latter role with Carrick kept as cover.

Wingers: Mou just love talent in his attacking department as witnessed by the number of quality players he had there (Duff, Robben, Hazard, Willian, Ronaldo, ADM, Etoo etc). He tend to love a speedster (ex Willian, Duff, Etoo) and a creative player (Ronaldo, Hazard, Robben). On the right flank I can see Mou giving a second look to Bernardo Silva. He had done quite well with Monaco and he has Mendes as agent. Those 2 players may be serious contenders for the creative winger role. I am also pretty confident that Mou will also give a close look to another of Mendes players ie Guedes who seem to be quite talented. For the speedster we've got Martial and I wont be surprised if we go for Aubameyang in a role similar to what Etoo had at Inter

AMC: This is a role Mou rarely compromise upon. He needs a player who is pretty technical, whose a good passer of the ball and he's hardworking. I believe Rooney will get his shot with Andre Gomes as cover/competitor. Another possible contenders would be Herrera and Isco.

STK: I can see us get Ibra with Rashford as cover. If needs be Aubameyang and Martial can be moved upfront to score goals.

GK: DDG, Romero

DR: Manolas, Darmian
DC: Smalling, Rojo, Stones/Marquinhos/Varane, CBJ,
DL: Shaw, Rodriguez

DM: Schneiderlin, Neves
DM: Bastian, Blind

AMR: Bernardo Silva, Valencia, Guedes
AML: Martial, Aubameyang, Januzaj
AMC: Rooney, Gomes, Herrera

STK: Ibra, Rashford

Mani

Out:

Valdes
Fellaini
Wilson
Powell

Loan:

Januzaj
Pereira,
Keane
Blackett

In:

Zaltan Ibrahimovich
Griezmann
Manolas
New CM

Ole90+3

As said in a previous thread, its very rare that Mou tries to break the bank. He would bid for a player and if the club's valuation is higher then the one he had set then he will back off and move for another player.

Fullbacks: Mou is pretty much aware that wingers in the EPL are a big thing so he just love to add a CB on the either one of the rear flanks to add inches and solidity to the defence while allowing an attacking full back room to attack. I have a feeling that Manolas will be our version of Gallas and Ivanovic. Considering that Shaw is pretty unlucky with injuries I won't be surprised if he gets Rodriguez on the left. He's got a minimum fee clause of 25m and he's the attacking full back he likes. As cover it will be a competition between Darmian and Valencia on who will stay.

CB: With Manolas on the right, Mou will afford playing a ball playing CB (similar to Carvalho and Cahill). He may go for John Stones but if he's too costly he'll probably switch to someone else like Varane or Marquinhos

DM: Mou just love two hardworking midfielders in a deeper role. However he tend to like them with adequate vision and passing ability. In most cases he had a more hardworking and less talented defensive midfielder (ex Zanetti) who was then partnered with a slightly less hardworking but more talented CM (ex Cambiasso). I can see Schneiderlin covering the former role quite easily. Mou will probably get a young defensive minded midfielder as cover like Neves for example. Blind and Bastian can cover the latter role with Carrick kept as cover.

Wingers: Mou just love talent in his attacking department as witnessed by the number of quality players he had there (Duff, Robben, Hazard, Willian, Ronaldo, ADM, Etoo etc). He tend to love a speedster (ex Willian, Duff, Etoo) and a creative player (Ronaldo, Hazard, Robben). On the right flank I can see Mou giving a second look to Bernardo Silva. He had done quite well with Monaco and he has Mendes as agent. Those 2 players may be serious contenders for the creative winger role. I am also pretty confident that Mou will also give a close look to another of Mendes players ie Guedes who seem to be quite talented. For the speedster we've got Martial and I wont be surprised if we go for Aubameyang in a role similar to what Etoo had at Inter

AMC: This is a role Mou rarely compromise upon. He needs a player who is pretty technical, whose a good passer of the ball and he's hardworking. I believe Rooney will get his shot with Andre Gomes as cover/competitor. Another possible contenders would be Herrera and Isco.

STK: I can see us get Ibra with Rashford as cover. If needs be Aubameyang and Martial can be moved upfront to score goals.

I'm honestly not sure if this is a wind up post or not.

You think we are going to sign 8 experienced outfield players this summer?

Bwuk

We wouldn't sign Zlatan and Aubameyang, it'd be one or the other.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We won't get Aubameyang this Summer when Dortmund have already lost their biggest star. We will sign maximum 5 new players as well.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I expect 1 or 2 at most top level signings.

Perhaps 2 more next tier.

We will see perhaps 2 or 3 exits and a few where their contracts are not renewed. The Rashford and CBJ signings indicate Jose may well give Youth a chance. Will have to wait and see.

devilish

Last season we bought Valdes (when we thought we were going to replace DDG), Darmian, Martial, Bastian, Schneiderlin and Depay (6), the year before we bought Blind, Falcao, ADM, Rojo, Herrera (5)

And we would have 4 new regular first teamers out of the lot. Neves will cover for Schneiderlin and Gomes will cover for Rooney. Also Rodriguez will have to compete with Shaw and Auba with Martial

Last edited:

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
i don't understand why anyone would think we would/should get rid of blind. the guy is as universal as they come, and despite being LVG's pet, at least he was worthy of being so.

goin4glory

One of the reasons I'm delighted with Mourinho as manager is he has common sense with transfers. The amount on numpties who want us signing Barkley/Aubamayeng is scary and it wouldn't surprise me if someone like Giggs took over and decided to "make a statement" by spending 100m on bringing Ronaldo back even when he's way past his best.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Unfortunately what I would do doesn't really have much reflection on what will actually happen or its is actually possible.

For me it's time for Young, Valenica and the bog brush to be shown the door.

I don't care who he brings in or gets rid of as well, as long as those three are given the boot,

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
One of the reasons I'm delighted with Mourinho as manager is he has common sense with transfers. The amount on numpties who want us signing Barkley/Aubamayeng is scary and it wouldn't surprise me if someone like Giggs took over and decided to "make a statement" by spending 100m on bringing Ronaldo back even when he's way past his best.
Someone like Giggs eh? Those 4 games in charge two seasons ago showed us what an idiot he is huh?

DenisIrwin

Don't forget that he has thrown players out the winter window too quite often.

m1y2

This though I think it depends on who exactly was targeting those stars, was it the manager or it was Woodward who insisted he could deliver them?
Dont think it matters, manager simply targets his primary targets and secondary targets in case the primary players are not gettable... well the problem is when the plan b is not good enough like Fellaini and panics with Mata after halfseason. Someone like Woodward will try his best to deliver. It's not like he got the job out of the blue and even a bit new to the business it's still what he's done well all his life, negotiate the deals.

m1y2

Well buying Fellini for more than his buy out clause tells me he,s doing a fantastic job, if the manager wants unrealistic targets we might aswell wrap up, everyone's got a price, Chelsea, man city, Real Madrid, Munich,Barcelona don't have problems bringing world stars to the club, wake up sunshine, we're manchester utd for fack sake.
Fellaini was their best player at the time, they didnt want to sell particularly last couple of hours before the transfer window closes. Slightly overpaying from a club with resources in this case is okay imo... Of course we are manutd but perhaps Moyesi didnt have the reputation and didnt target right players. Fabregas rather wanted to play for Mourinho in Chelsea and Bale wanted to stay, why would he come back after achieving nothing there, he already was in one of the best clubs in the world.. Even Ferguson and Gill couldnt deliver some of the best players at some points, that just happens but Moyes is clearly to blame in this one..

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Unfortunately what I would do doesn't really have much reflection on what will actually happen or its is actually possible.

For me it's time for Young, Valenica and the bog brush to be shown the door.

I don't care who he brings in or gets rid of as well, as long as those three are given the boot,
I don't understand why people would get rid of Valencia instead of Darmian. We played much better when Valencia started at right back. Darmian is fecking usless, offers absolutely nothing going forward and is average at best at defending. Valencia is a better option to have and proved that when he came into the team near the end of the season and he was arguably our best player in the FA Cup final. Darmian has done nothing this season but make countless mistakes.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I don't understand why people would get rid of Valencia instead of Darmian. We played much better when Valencia started at right back. Darmian is fecking usless, offers absolutely nothing going forward and is average at best at defending. Valencia is a better option to have and proved that when he came into the team near the end of the season and he was arguably our best player in the FA Cup final. Darmian has done nothing this season but make countless mistakes.
Damian is a sexy and exotic Italian fullback choice, plus hes probably better on fifa or some shit. What Valencia actually offers us at fullback seems to be secondary to some posters.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Out:

Valdes
Blind
Mata
Schweinsteiger
Fellaini
Jones
Young
Januzaj (loan)
Pereira (loan)
Wilson (loan)
Keane (loan)
Goss (loan)

In:
Ibrahimovic
Willian
Turan
Saul
Stones
Manolas
Ashley Fletcher (promoted)

Team for next season:

Goalkeepers:
De Gea, Romero, Johnstone

Centrebacks:
Smalling, Stones, Manolas, McNair, Poole

Fullbacks:
Valencia, Darmian, Varela, Shaw, CBJ, Rojo

Midfielders:
Fosu-Mensah, Carrick, Saul, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Rooney, Turan

Attackers:
Ibrahimovic, Martial, Willian, Rashford, A.Fletcher, Lingard, Depay

I'd like to see us put together a team especially for the EL consisting mostly of young players to give them game time

Ashley Fletcher is a bit of a gamble but he has been playing regularly for Barnsley scoring 9 goals this season and providing 5 assists, considering his age I think he atleast deserves a shot in with the first team this season getting some game time in the EL matches and cup games and if it doesn't work out he can be loaned out again in the winter.

Ducklegs

Valencia isnt very good at right back, lets just be truthful here, they are both rubbish at right back and should both be gone..

We forget very quickly just how brain dead Valencia can be when playing back there.

Ducklegs

Damian is a sexy and exotic Italian fullback choice, plus hes probably better on fifa or some shit. What Valencia actually offers us at fullback seems to be secondary to some posters.
Not a great deal, prone to mistakes, rubbish going forward, not really at that good at defending.

But hes big and quick and an "honest pro".

Its Johnny Evans and John O'shea again.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Not a great deal, prone to mistakes, rubbish going forward, not really at that good at defending.

But hes big and quick and an "honest pro".

Its Johnny Evans and John O'shea again.
He helps provide width down our right from fullback, it's very noticeable the difference when Damian is in and when Valencia,
You're right, his defensive awareness can be lacking at times, but as of right now he's our no.1 RB on merit until someone comes in and pushes him out,
there's no real hurry to feck him off until we find and bed in a proper replacement anyhow.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I expect 1 or 2 at most top level signings.

Perhaps 2 more next tier.

We will see perhaps 2 or 3 exits and a few where their contracts are not renewed. The Rashford and CBJ signings indicate Jose may well give Youth a chance. Will have to wait and see.
Jose is well aware of the clubs affinity with youth and I think he will make a concious effort to play as many youth players as he can, the ones deserving of play time at least, for no other reason than to appease certain members of the board and fans alike who hold youth development in such high regard.

I hope so anyway.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Jose is well aware of the clubs affinity with youth and I think he will make a concious effort to play as many youth players as he can, the ones deserving of play time at least, for no other reason than to appease certain members of the board and fans alike who hold youth development in such high regard.

I hope so anyway.
Ashford being selected for England gives me even more hope. :)

covlee junior

wow nice analysis matee.. you even analyze his previous team and looking for similar player...

really hope we can sign Griezmann or Mahrez.. both players in their golden age.

Andy Voon

It is a great additions to the squad. I hope Mou keep Blind.

Werder Herzog

Anyone mentioned Ardur Turan? Mean't to be available, Jose/Chelsea aswell ourselves were widely reported to be interested last summer before he moved to Barca.. if getting rid of Mata seem's a perfect replacement- can play anywhere along the forward line has a great work ethic- seems a proper Jose signing...

JohnyBuckets

I dont think he will bring in so many new players. I believe Mou will take the opportunity to lay the foundation requiered to stay as Man Utd coach in the long term. His biggest criticisim is the he works only in 3 year cycles but he has always said how he admired Fergie and other coaches for staying at 1 club on a long term basis. I believe that is his next challenge and that is way he coveted the United job so much.
In order for him to lay the foundation for years to come, he has to continue the job LVG did with the inclusion of talented youngsters in the team and I am hopeful that Rashford, Martial, Depay, Lingard, Shaw, TFM, CBJ, Januzaj, Pereira, A. Fletcher, Wilson will all have significant roles to play in the next couple of seasons. I think Mou is going to love TFM and he is going to shape him into a world beater.
Regardless if he gives youth a chance or not; I am very excited for the next couple of months and the beginning of next season. I dont think I coulve taken another season of LVG...

Reactions: Burrow

devilish

wow nice analysis matee.. you even analyze his previous team and looking for similar player...

really hope we can sign Griezmann or Mahrez.. both players in their golden age.
Id love that too however if we analyse Mou's previous transfers he rarely breaks the bank for anyone

ravelston

Judging from subsequent posts it seems to be being taken seriously. Go figure. Makes you wonder why we're bothering to tie CBJ and TFM to longer term contracts - unless we're just going to send them out on loan.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

baanke laal

banned
Having read some of the posts, it seems Ashley Young is one of the "People's Choice" to be flogged out. I would like to see him stays as a squad player for at-least one more season with Jose.

But the guy has been nothing short of an asset when called up. He played out of position (on the request of a crazy manager) without complaining and even did a commendable job there. You can always expect him to run his legs off when on the field, track back and attack. Van Gaal took a winger turned him into a left back and even into a striker at one instance and he still tried to the best of his abilities. If he's happy to be a squad player and when you get your main winger hving a rough time, he's good to have as a back up squad player. He gets a lot of grief and abuse on social media by the fans, but he deserves better than that.

Reactions: Burrow

M4YON

Why?

He's bloody awful.
He started off the season very well even compared to a young Gary Neville throughout the media. Then he picked up an injury and never regained form with Van Gaal moving him from LB to RB constantly.

He's not a bad player but as i said it's a bit strange that he would be sold before we have signed a replacement.