Joshua Harrop

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ah, I remember myself and Genius Me enjoying a romantic chin wag about him back in the newbs. Ever since he came off the bench in the Youth Cup against Swansea a few years ago, I've been thoroughly impressed. He has so much grace and skill, and seems to have added fight too. Came on in central midfield against City against some big lads and changed the game for us.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Ah, I remember myself and Genius Me enjoying a romantic chin wag about him back in the newbs. Ever since he came off the bench in the Youth Cup against Swansea a few years ago, I've been thoroughly impressed. He has so much grace and skill, and seems to have added fight too. Came on in central midfield against City against some big lads and changed the game for us.
He has always had grit! Josh can look after himself and has done so all though his career.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He has always had grit! Josh can look after himself and has done so all though his career.
I guess. It just appeared more pronounced seeing him in central midfield the other day.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I've been really, really impressed with everything this kids done since he stepped up. I'll admit to never having watched him prior so was quite surprised, looks a great talent to me.

khoazany

I've been really, really impressed with everything this kids done since he stepped up. I'll admit to never having watched him prior so was quite surprised, looks a great talent to me.
He's the new Pearson/Rothwell of this year.Meanwhile we should loan both of the old Pearson and Rothwell before they begin to stagnant at this level.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He's the new Pearson/Rothwell of this year.Meanwhile we should loan both of the old Pearson and Rothwell before they begin to stagnant at this level.
If we don't sign any midfielders, I wouldn't put it past Van Gaal to give them a chance or two when the time comes.

FromTheBench

Was pretty good first half today. Drifted out completely 2nd half, though had a good involvement in our goal.

Very interesting prospect if he can get more consistent.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Was pretty good first half today. Drifted out completely 2nd half, though had a good involvement in our goal.

Very interesting prospect if he can get more consistent.
Early days, but so far he's been better and more consistent than Rothwell and Pearson were when they stepped up last season. They both needed a handful of games to really get going, Harrop hit the ground running.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think he's been so good that we should be looking to send him out on loan as early as January. Barnsley fans were loving him, I'm sure they'd gladly take him on. Got two of our former lads there in Reece Brown and Joe Dudgeon there too. Devante Cole just joined on loan too.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Not sure I'd call him a dark horse. I don't think I'm alone in having rated him very highly since the Swansea game in 2012 and last season he stood out in a very talented u18s side.

Brightonian

Not sure I'd call him a dark horse. I don't think I'm alone in having rated him very highly since the Swansea game in 2012 and last season he stood out in a very talented u18s side.
You most definitely aren't. I think he's generally been seen as the standout talent in the group he's played with for the last two years.

jb8521

Who's that? Someone who's played in the younger group for the last two years? Because Pereira was really an U21 already last year.
Was thinking more of Wilson who's only 2 weeks older than Harrop

Brightonian

Ah right didnt realize what you meant
I realise it's somewhat of an arbitrary way to compare youth players. But because they all develop at different rates, particularly physically, I like to compare each lad to the level that the coaches have decided is the right one for him, rather than just by age.

FromTheBench

Called up for England U20s squad.Leapfrogging Pearson and Rothwell?
Hmm..that's interesting. He wasn't in the initial squad IIRC ? His first England call up as well.

Might be a case of trying him out or him being able to play a number of positions as well.

FromTheBench

Thought he looked just as good as Pereira first half of the Sunderland game and impressive again.

Fades in the 2nd though so far in the U21s. Hopefully Corrigan uploads his highlights too.

khoazany

Hopefully LVG was impressed.Not everyone out of him,Pearson,Rothwell and Goss will make it but I hope 1-2 of them will have a real future here.

khoazany

Happy to see him sitting in the stand today with other first-teamers (Amos,Wilson and Fellani).That can only be a good sign.

FromTheBench

Yeah, that was interesting.

Think he might have leapfrogged Rothwell and Pearson too. (though more Rothwell given the type of roles.)

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think he is bloody fantastic and he has stepped up to the u21s so nicely. Is his 1 appearance for England u20 his only youth international appearance?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Loved this kid ever since he came off the bench against Swansea as a schoolboy in the FA Youth Cup a few years back. Looks like a straight fight between him and Rothwell though, they are fairly similar.

FromTheBench

Loved this kid ever since he came off the bench against Swansea as a schoolboy in the FA Youth Cup a few years back. Looks like a straight fight between him and Rothwell though, they are fairly similar.
Seems he has overtaken Rothwell both for Club and Country now.

He is more fluid and flexible than Rothwell.

khoazany

James just mentioned in an interview that Harrop is the best player on training recently.I would assume Wilson and Pereira trained more with the first team but that's still impressive.Shame about the injury.

LR7

Not expecting him to be involved in any way but can't help but be a bit excited to see Harrop in the first team training pictures from today :drool:

NecssryEvil

Wow, he has done all that already this year? Busy guy!

Always hard to tell how good someone is against other youngsters but if he can carry that on up the levels it looks like he may be one to watch out for.

Norris

That video montage looks really impressive. He seems to have a bit of everything. I certainly hope he continues to develop well.