Joshua King / signs for Watford

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We say, we dont do panic buy and end up with King for 20+ m .

Now we can't buy a proper striker in Summer .
Don’t be silly. A deadline day cover signing will not affect our summer business. NOT doing a deal like this might do though, as missing out on the CL is more likely to cost us.

Robert

Just my opinion, I'm sure a bigger signing on fee would have convinced him. But i know about as much as you do on the inner dealings of any negotiation. So its all opinions. None of us have the facts.
Certainly not concrete facts but widespread reports from trusted/informed sources that minutes on the pitch was his priority and with our other players demands that just wasn’t something we could afford.

Back on topic, I’d support this signing. He’s prem proven and done well in a side that is not the best. Plus he’s got United in his blood, big plus for me.

Whats 30 mill anyway? 30 mill today was 15 mill yesterday. It don’t mean shit.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
His record is a goal every three league games for club and country. I wouldn’t have thought he was United class but given the Rashford injury mightn’t be a bad move for let’s say 30m. Anything more is highway robbery

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So it looks like we are really doing this.... or trying at least...

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Bournemouth are in a relegation battle. They aren't going to sell him unless they get a good amount of cold hard cash that could fund a replacement. Loan deal out the question.

The Original

Solskjaer would be a fool to sanction this deal, especially having spent so much time talking about attracting the right type of player.

King is as average as they come and has a flaky injury record, it would be the definition of a panic buy.
Is the club not in a panicky situation??

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Can't see much downside to this if it happens:eek: Except of course if he ends up injuried half the time. Decent enough player. Does well enough for a mid/lower table team. Will, at the very least, become a very usefull squad player.

SATA

If he scores just one goal which turns out to be the winner which secures us CL qualification, it will be well worth the money

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't think we can afford £30-40m these days to just throw away on okay players. Get somebody in dirt cheap who is soon out or contract or on loan instead otherwise just save the cash.

The Original

Much as it would be more exciting to get some unknown kid from Latin America what we need right now is someone who can come straight in and fill the gap.

King might not be the world beater we need going forward but you won't find many strikers who could settle in and contribute straight away.
Exactly. Perfect signing at a moment like this and obviously won't impede the coming of a better striker in the summer.

Welbeckham

Why would we solve our injury crisis by signing a player whose injured. Other than that I’ve always quite liked him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We would have had a striker who has a poor first touch, and be £75m worse off. Probably wouldn't have had Maguire either.
He is miles better than King and Smalling is better than Maguire anyway

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't understand this one. I quite like him as a player, but he's not the quality we need long term and therefore is too expensive for a short term option.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Oh, and he's not a child, like, mentally. Which seem to be what we're going for these days.

cyberman

His record is a goal every three league games for club and country. I wouldn’t have thought he was United class but given the Rashford injury mightn’t be a bad move for let’s say 30m. Anything more is highway robbery
Hes a good alround player as well. If its between him and Lingard we should be begging Ed to put in a bid.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Lukaku had no intention of staying dating back to March 2019. Didn’t see eye to eye with Ole.
The sad thing about the whole saga was that ole sat in a press conference and said that IF Lukaku left that window (which he did in the end of course) that he'd be replaced 100%. Didn't think we'd be doing it in January though.

032Devil

Sign him!
United is the only club I now that needs a six month transfer period to sign...maybe one and half players. We usually like to drag a potential transfer out for a long time before some other club comes in does a deal in one or two days.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Could have just signed Ben Yedder in the summer.

I rather have signed Hernandez back and I am not his biggest fan.
Could’ve and should’ve got Bruno and Ben Yedder. The whole world could see how light we fecking were

SATA

Don't think we can afford £30-40m these days to just throw away on okay players. Get somebody in dirt cheap who is soon out or contract or on loan instead otherwise just save the cash.
I would love the club to save the cash if it is going into our pockets or bank accounts mate, but it isn't. It's going into the Glazers so i rather us spend it on improving the team

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Jim & Solskjær has too many friends in the media in Norway, but Josimar have been able to put up a tiny bit of info of how those two have had free reign in Norway.
http://josimarfootball.com/the-double-agent/

He's a regular though, isn't he? Always see his name on the scorer's list whenever Norway scores, and they don't score many i don't think
Yeah, he's a regular. But he's there due to a lack of quality in the team & a seemingly ingrained belief in Norway that you'll have to be a bit older to get into the national team.
Ødegaard was good enough to be a starter in the team while he was playing in the youth-teams. Recently the Norwegian team has changed for the better in that sense, letting talented players play together as opposed to taking the most experienced all the time instead.
But let's see who the alternatives are as strikers: Håland and Sørloth. I suspect none here think King is better than Håland. And on form Sørloth has 15 goals in 18 games in Turkey this season, compare that to Kings 3 in 16 for Bournemouth. King would at best play from the wing for a Norwegian national team that set up with their best attackers to be in their best position.

KristianMackle

Josh King is a strong, quick and capable player who, like Rashford can play across the frontline. People not really seeing why this could work?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Eh what? Without him we would be toothless up front before Haaland came.
Again, Sørloth has 15 in 18 in Turkey and now that Håland is here on top of that. Should King play as the national teams focal point?

Ibrahimorich

For the love of all that is holy. I'd rather we didn't sign anyone than spaff £27m on some crock championship level striker! We go from the sublime to the ridiculous

Acole9

Outstanding
King in 2020 is a far superior player and signing than bloody Hernandez.
Absolutely, I think people still think we're in 2010. Hernandez career in Europe has taken a huge nose dive.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I would love the club to save the cash if it is going into our pockets or bank accounts mate, but it isn't. It's going into the Glazers so i rather us spend it on improving the team
Does he improve the team though? He's not a proper number 9 either so we just have Martial/Rashford/King all who are better playing off left.

Skåre Willoch

Hard working, explosive, versatile. Decent technique, and a good shot.

IMO he would be a very useful squad player.