charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I am ***ping myself silly that someday we might start with this team:

-----------Amos-----------
Rafael Evans Cathcart Fabio
----Gibson James Eikrem----
-------Welbeck King--------
----------Macheda---------

With Petrucci, Cofie, Cleverley and the two Italian defenders on the bench ;)

PS18

Josh has been given the number 41 shirt apparently, wonder if this might mean he gets a look-in on Wednesday night...

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Josh has been given the number 41 shirt apparently, wonder if this might mean he gets a look-in on Wednesday night...
Interesting development, usually the first sign to a player being introduced into the first team.

What is Macheda wearing now then? Missed this entirely.

charleysurf

I'd be surprised if hes not on the bench.

PS18

Interesting development, usually the first sign to a player being introduced into the first team.

What is Macheda wearing now then? Missed this entirely.
27 this season.

Could see Owen and Macheda starting upfront with maybe Welbeck wide, so King on the bench would make some sense.

Virtuoso

Good news, looks like a real talent and giving him a squad number suggests we're considering giving him a chance soon enough.

datura

27 this season.

Could see Owen and Macheda starting upfront with maybe Welbeck wide, so King on the bench would make some sense.
That would be my guess, and either Tosic or Nani the other side with Carrick and Gibson centrally. De Laet and Fabio will probably start also, along with probably Gary Neville and Wes Brown (if fit).

oskarutd

That would be my guess, and either Tosic or Nani the other side with Carrick and Gibson centrally. De Laet and Fabio will probably start also, along with probably Gary Neville and Wes Brown (if fit).
Kuszczak
De Laet, Neville, Brown, Fabio
Welbeck, Gibson, Carrick, Park
Owen, Macheda

subs:
Amos, Evans, Evans, Hewson, Tosic, Nani, King.
That was my guees. Tosic might be in for Park.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
TK
Neville, Brown, Evans, Fabio
Welbeck, Gibson, Carrick, Tosic
Owen, Macheda

Bench: Amos, De Laet, Rooney, Scholes, O'Shea, King, Nani

SAF always keeps good players on the bench incase the game is not going to plan..

charleysurf

Nani should be starting that game.
I'm sure he'll start. We need a good portion of first team players. Wolves are in decent form and they may be putting out a strong side.

But surely Tosic needs a game as well (we did spend X million on him), and then where does that leave Welbeck? Because I would expect the front two to be Owen and Macheda.

lysglimt

Scout
I actually hope Eikrem gets a chance - his performances for the reserves this season have been so good that he deserves a chance

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
TBH so does Nani to an extent,
Well Nani has played his fair share of 1st team games so far.. Whereas Welbeck, Tosic and Macheda have not played a single minute amongst the three of them.. & we all know and SAF has said too that Owen needs mins..

I am sure Nani will be on the bench for the game if he does not start it.. and IMO he will be a sure starter for the game against Stoke on the weekend!

Enigma_87

You know who
I'm sure he'll start. We need a good portion of first team players. Wolves are in decent form and they may be putting out a strong side.

But surely Tosic needs a game as well (we did spend X million on him), and then where does that leave Welbeck? Because I would expect the front two to be Owen and Macheda.
Right wing I suppose. I would like to see James starting but I can't see it that soon. I guess we'll see Gibbo, Carrick, Nani, Owen, Welbeck and Macheda.

Love those cup games with the youth players stepping in. Hopefully with all that talent from the academy at least 2-3 players would make it into the first team.

Enigma_87

You know who
James is away with the England U20s for the Fifa U20 world cup in Egypt. Their first game is on Saturday I think against Uruguay (who are apparently a very talented team). Febian Brandy is also in the squad.
Ah, thanks mate. Will those be televised somewhere? Eurosport?

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
He's been given the number 42 so you never know...
Which means he should be in contention.. But my guess is that he would be fighting for a spot on the bench!

Laphroaig

Maybe. Greig wrote a piece is his honour called On the ball with man mountain King

And is his mother called Vi King?
:lol:

Appearantly his mother is Norwegian and his father from Gambia, incidently just like John Carew's parents. Eikrem has said this about King and Carew: "King reminds a lot about Carew in his playing style, but will turn out a better player."

Laphroaig

Which means he should be in contention.. But my guess is that he would be fighting for a spot on the bench!
I can't see Eikrem starting, but he could be on the bench since he's among the 21 SAF will choose from: Kuszczak, Zieler, Amos, De Laet, Neville, Brown, J Evans, Dudgeon, Fabio, Tosic, Gibson, C Evans, Eikrem, Carrick, Scholes, Valencia, Nani, Owen, Welbeck, Macheda, King.

charleysurf

Oh Josh, you used to be just the little secret of the Reserves/Youths junkies. Now I fear we've lost you to the riff raff :(

twitter thread suggester
Oh Josh, you used to be just the little secret of the Reserves/Youths junkies. Now I fear we've lost you to the riff raff :(
Hehe, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the thread in the mains.

Eikrem is still off the radar.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
According to Norway's assistant coach, Josh was considered for a call-up to the senior squad ahead of next month's friendly against South Africa.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
According to Norway's assistant coach, Josh was considered for a call-up to the senior squad ahead of next month's friendly against South Africa.
That is fecking impressive.. Good for him.. Although I am not too sure if he is ready for such a big step..

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Word. After a troubled last season it would've been too much, too soon in my opinion. His main focus for a good while yet must be to stay fit and complete 90 mins of footie on a regular basis.