Jozy Altidore - worst "striker" in the history of England?

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Postiga didn't do to well there, did he?

SirAF

Ageist

I loved him on FM back in the day! Would always bring him in as a backup striker. Then again I always loved my odd backup forwards - a few years earlier Mark Viduka was a favorite too!

AllezLesDiables

Just scored for the US in a friendly against Denmark. 4 in his last 6 for the national team, apparently. Maybe time to ship him back to a European league? ;)
By that logic Lord Bendtner should be leading the line a United ... just when I hope the US can turn the corner they cough up a 2-1 lead and let Bendtner score two in 8 minutes to complete his hat trick

Americano

Make America Great Again!
By that logic Lord Bendtner should be leading the line a United ... just when I hope the US can turn the corner they cough up a 2-1 lead and let Bendtner score two in 8 minutes to complete his hat trick
I know. I was just composing a miserable post about this... plus Tim Howard turning to crap.

"Altidore, roughly one-third as good as the worst striker to (barely) ever play for Arsenal."

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I have visions of this guy leading the line for us alongside Jordan Rhodes.

Oo0AahCantona

It is all about levels. It is also about psychological strength. A lot of players simply bottle it (lose confidence) when they are in a strong field.
Such an underrated factor in sporting performance. A lad i know is a seriously good basketball player, can drive to the basket all will in training or against pub teams, then the second its a game of any importance he absolutely bottles it and does feckall.

JmRssll555

Such an underrated factor in sporting performance. A lad i know is a seriously good basketball player, can drive to the basket all will in training or against pub teams, then the second its a game of any importance he absolutely bottles it and does feckall.
I have that problem playing football. I don't know if I would describe myself as "seriously good" but I was certainly one of the best players in my school and played for the best team in the region when I was 10 or 11 years old. Seemingly Celtic were watching me for a while too. Anyway, I could tear it up in training, or playing with my mates, but I got incredibly nervous before actual matches, to the point where I was sometimes physically sick, could never eat breakfast on match-days and therefore barely contributed to games. I only played for a season after I got picked up by that team, then went back to just playing casually.

At around 14 years old, I went back because I was missing playing and hoped that I'd have maybe grown up a bit and got over the nerves issue, but the same thing happened. I stuck at it the second time around because I really loved playing, I just couldn't perform to the level that I (and all my team-mates) knew I could play at.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
His strike partnership with Kenny Miller at Derby has to be one of the worst in Premier League history.

Naturally, his only goal that season was against us at Old Trafford.
Miller did alright that season with Derby, he was one of their better players. Six goals for the season is poor, but a few of them were beauties (including a brilliant lob against Chelsea that was wrongly disallowed). He ploughed a lonely furrow in what was easily the worst team to have graced the top-flight in decades.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Altidore was a beast in PES 2009 (masterleague) though, real life doesn't always count anyways.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Miller did alright that season with Derby, he was one of their better players. Six goals for the season is poor, but a few of them were beauties (including a brilliant lob against Chelsea that was wrongly disallowed). He ploughed a lonely furrow in what was easily the worst team to have graced the top-flight in decades.
Their 1 win season was season where he scored only 4 goals ? they should have been banned from the EPL for 50 years for that abomination.

Castia

Wasnt Bradley Wright-Phillips MLS's leading goal scorer last season? even Altidore with his terrible record is like Messi in that league.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Their 1 win season was season where he scored only 4 goals ? they should have been banned from the EPL for 50 years for that abomination.
Yep, their best performance that entire season was a 1-0 loss at home to us. If they finish in the top two or win the playoffs this season the Premier League shouldn't allow them to come up.