Juan Cuadrado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Warming the bench, but very good option I'd imagine.
Schurlle and Salah out Douglas Costa and Cuadrado in, thats great business if they can get it done.
Guess having to pick 3 from Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Cuadrado & Douglas Costa would be a very good problem to have.
Have to think Chelsea main starting 11 will need rotating to save from burnout.
Have either of you seen much of Douglas Costa? I haven't myself. How good is he?

Those were just rumors... They won't get that much for him, will be more around 20-25m €.
They paid £18m for him. Highly, highly doubt Chelsea would sell him at a loss. Especially after Mourinho said a few days ago that it would take an "exceptional" offer to pry him away.

Rafabio

Chelsea do not mess about. Good business again. What a squad they are building.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
:lol: How do they do it?
It's annoying, isn't it?

I think what they do well is sell quickly when it's apparent that the player doesn't fit the bill or is unhappy with a rotation role - that way the price is still high, whereas we seem to keep valuable players lingering on the sidelines for a couple seasons before offloading them, in which time their form and value plummets.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
London, Mourinho and it has to be said right now things are going really well for them. Mourinho is just this short space of time is filling out the gaps of an already great squad he inherited and it's working.

Stadjer

According to Bild, Schürrle to Wolfsburg is a done deal for more than €30m.
Thats quite some money for a subsitute player. First they sell David Luiz for crazy money and now Schurrle.

How do they do it? I bet Mourinho/Chelsea could even sell a player like Valencia for 20+ million and if they sold Fletcher they would have gotten a few millions for him....

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Thats quite some money for a subsitute player. First they sell David Luiz for crazy money and now Schurrle.

How do they do it? I bet Mourinho/Chelsea could even sell a player like Valencia for 20+ million and if they sold Fletcher they would have gotten a few millions for him....
Well, Schurrle is a German international, had a solid World Cup, is only 24 so there's a resale value, and has three-and-a-half years left on his contract. Given today's market, it's not a huge amount to pay for his services. If he was being sold in the summer, we could probably get even more for him.

Kakeru

I can't remember the last time Chelsea failed to sign someone they really wanted they are really good at this transfer business.
That just tell how retarded/outdated our negotiating team is when we fail so many times in getting the players we want before coming up with some pseudo-excuse for an explanation.

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Well, Schurrle is a German international, had a solid World Cup, is only 24 so there's a resale value, and has three-and-a-half years left on his contract. Given today's market, it's not a huge amount to pay for his services. If he was being sold in the summer, we could probably get even more for him.
Wolfsburg are also loaded.

Kounan

So players who are regulars and play for a good national team cost 50mil euros, and WC must cost more then 100?

It's more about selling to the right clubs who try to quickly do something, so they are ready to spend.

Kag

I'm indifferent about this one. I'm sure he'll do well - I know practically nothing about him - but I think letting Schurrle leave weakens the overall squad somewhat. I think he's a great squad player to have at a top club. If he wants to leave in search of regular game time lower down the food chain then all power to him.

C'est Moi Cantona

Good luck to him at Chelsea, to me he's no more, or no less likely to succeed there than Salah was, could go either way.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
The real test will be if Chelsea somehow sell Salah for the same £11 million they paid, or even for a profit.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Surprised we haven't gone in for him.
Because he's probably regarded as the best RWB out there? (although I dispute that)

Tells you all you need to know about LVG's plans for the 3-5-2

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Ciao Cuadrado! :(

I should stop caring about this league. Fck the Serie A.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
And it's not as if he has been poor for Chelsea or has bombed in the league either.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Schurrle is underrated because he isn't easy on the eye, he is still an very good player.
Schurrle will succeed at Wolfsburg.

By the way, what a team Wolfsburg is building. Rodriguez, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Luis Gustavo, Seb Jung. They just need a good striker and they'll be set.

Unfortunate Junior Malanda is no longer with them :(

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Schurrle will succeed at Wolfsburg.

By the way, what a team Wolfsburg is building. Rodriguez, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Luis Gustavo, Seb Jung. They just need a good striker and they'll be set.

Unfortunate Junior Malanda is no longer with them :(
De Bruyne and Rodriguez will both be gone pretty soon, I can't see it lasting. They do have a lot of money now, though. So we'll see.

crimsonife

Schurrle has a good shot and scores a few but can't dribble. Different to Cuadrado but I'll see what Cuadrado becomes once he plays for them. He could very possibly become something like Willian.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Cuadrado is better than Schurrle and William. However I'm not convinced he's enough of an upgrade to justify potentially ruining the balance of our squad. He doesn't have a bad workrate by any means, but he isn't as good as William at running around all day.
Hopefully I'm wrong and he's excellent for us though. Will be exciting to watch at the least.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I haven't seen enough of Cuadrado to say if he's better than Schürrle, but if Schürrle is unhappy with his role, it makes a lot of sense to replace him with someone who's highly motivated to fight for his place in the first team, which makes it a good deal for Chelsea in my opinion. The problem with Schürrle is that his decision making is still quite poor and it holds him back as talented as he is.

jojose

Wish we conducted business like Chelsea. Identify a position in which we are weak. Select the best player available in that position. Offer market value in terms of fee and salary. Sign player. Flog squad dross for top end

I bet he's class.

I said exactly the same in January when they needed a defensive midfielder and signed Matic. Then again about a week after the season finished and they had Costa and Fabregas signed.

We require a centre midfielder who can get forward, we spend 5 years looking, identify the target, balls it up in two windows before finally signing him and then sit him on the bench.

Or!!!!!!! We let Wes and Sheasy go, followed by Rio and Vidic and then we are taken by suprise that we need an experienced centre back.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
23 million rising to 26 million performance related. Why were they talking of 30 million plus when we were rumored to be in the mix.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
23 million rising to 26 million performance related. Why were they talking of 30 million plus when we were rumored to be in the mix.
That's a very good deal.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Surprised we haven't gone in for him.
As am I, which perhaps points to Van Gaals long term planning. Cuadrado would have been an excellent choice for a RWB, so the fact he hasn't gone in for him tells me that perhaps we don't intend on using 3-5-2 long term.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Only £23m? Blimey.
Exactly, Christ, it's so much lower than the sums that have been thrown around after World Cup. Has he gone to shit since then or what? Pacey, trickey winger and we're letting him go to Chelski for free.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
People questioned Mourinho's judgement of Oscar over Mata also.......
Oscar has hardly lit it up, I don't think anyone could argue he's developed as well as most thought (but he still has time). Plus it was never Oscar over Mata, they both could have played...

Trizy

A back tracking winger who can defend, safe to say their bus parking just got better.

Spark

Chelsea's recent transfers have been nothing short of exceptional - qualtiy/price/how they've turned out.

It's really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.