5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

Funny thing is, we make less sprints than most other teams. Mata improves our play because he isn't sprinting all the time. He keeps his head up.
Lol. He is sprinting all the time. You just don't notice it because he is so slow.
He has been terrible for a long time. He only came good in the second half.
He can't defend or track back for his life.
There are games like yesterday when he is useful.
But please remember he came on the 18th minute.

AdamAdams

Holds the ball up and lays it off better than any of the other forwards we've got. Has a great attitude despite the current set up / system not suiting him. If he had pace he would be truly world class.

JeffBoomTetris

Lol. He is sprinting all the time. You just don't notice it because he is so slow.
He has been terrible for a long time. He only came good in the second half.
He can't defend or track back for his life.
There are games like yesterday when he is useful.
But please remember he came on the 18th minute.
Games like yesterday are when he's useful? Well we're gonna need him a lot then. We are United. Naturally united is expected to take the ball and do things with it. You won't go far with the likes of Fellaini & McTominay in the ranks

Stadjer

I feel if pep was our manager he could have hit Silva’s heights.
No way. Silva has always been better. Mata used to be a player who just managed to get into the Spain selection while Silva was guarenteed a spot even when they had prime Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso and Fabregas.

CA1

Mata does have good qualities, when he's on it the whole team is on it because he can dictate the tempo of everything.

I feel we've wasted him a lot over these 5 years. When we've played good football, he's often been a part of it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If he was stronger on the ball and a bit more feisty he could’ve been our David Silva. Could’ve been good in a midfield 3.
If my aunt had balls all that. Truth is he and Silva are 2 different players. Mata is better as forward while Silva is a midfielder.

He could be our forward though with a brilliant first touch, finishing and off the ball runs.He can be a very good false 9 if ever Jose tries to play football through ground.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If my aunt had balls all that. Truth is he and Silva are 2 different players. Mata is better as forward while Silva is a midfielder.

He could be our forward though with a brilliant first touch, finishing and off the ball runs.He can be a very good false 9 if ever Jose tries to play football through ground.
Except Mata isnt better as a forward

Sir Scott McToMinay

He literally can’t run or keep the ball under pressure , and you want him to play as a false 9?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He literally can’t run or keep the ball under pressure , and you want him to play as a false 9?
Both are wrong. He does runs a lot and does keep the ball under pressure. Agree he gets disposed easily but then we arent talking about an actual forward here.

Zlatattack

Every time i read his blog i think we should offer him a new contract...lol

I hope if he does leave, he comes back in the future as a coach or something like that. He's such a good footballing mind and general nice guy.

clarkydaz

Mata does have good qualities, when he's on it the whole team is on it because he can dictate the tempo of everything.

I feel we've wasted him a lot over these 5 years. When we've played good football, he's often been a part of it.
yeah, Moyes, LVG and Mourinho. Not s great fit is it

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

All his free kicks for us (bar one) come from almost exactly the same place... if there's a free kick on that side he should automatically take it, without any discussion needed.

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of his Chelsea ones came from the same sort of place too (I know the one he scored against us definitely did).

Also, he excels at the free kick that people generally find the most difficult... when it's right on the edge of the box, which is a testament to his technique i'd say.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Him & Pereira are two players in the squad that I always back on for a good attempt on target from dead ball situations, they just have that air of calmness and adeptness to get something.

Negan

I would be up for the idea of Mata and Sanchez interchanging in that false nine role.

—————Mata———-
Sanchez———— Martial

That front three has potential. Lukaku needs to be dropped for a bit.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I would be up for the idea of Mata and Sanchez interchanging in that false nine role.

—————Mata———-
Sanchez———— Martial

That front three has potential. Lukaku needs to be dropped for a bit.
Mata and Sanchez were the best thing about the US tour.

And just a reminder that 2/3 years ago, Mata was our best outfield player by a mile, inspiring the 'Special Juan' flag, and a whole lot of jibes to City that he was better than Silva.

Short memories

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I still don't know why he lost place on right wing to Lingard. Just to be clear here, Mata is not something special on that false right wing position and we need Sanchez or somebody new there but from all players on that position in last 4 years he played best. He was bad in games where we were defensive but when we played attacking football, he always had impact.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I still don't know why he lost place on right wing to Lingard. Just to be clear here, Mata is not something special on that false right wing position and we need Sanchez or somebody new there but from all players on that position in last 4 years he played best. He was bad in games where we were defensive but when we played attacking football, he always had impact.
Because Lingard was playing better. Mata has been poor since around January, especially in the 433 that we've mostly gone to. If we were still playing 4231 he'd probably be playing a fair bit more, and it's no coincidence Newcastle was his best match in ages after we started throwing a lot more people forward.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
No way. Silva has always been better. Mata used to be a player who just managed to get into the Spain selection while Silva was guarenteed a spot even when they had prime Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso and Fabregas.
Not even true in the slightest. Silva barely played when Spain were in their prime.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not even true in the slightest. Silva barely played when Spain were in their prime.
David Silva was regular starter for Spain in Euro 2008 and 2012. He didn't start only 1 game in 2 Euros and that was third game in group stage when most of the first 11 was rested. He wasn't regular in World cup 2010, that's the only tournament he didn't play regularly. Apart from that he was always regular starter.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
One free kick and the Silva comparisons are back.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
One free kick and the Silva comparisons are back.
People blow with the wind so hard on here. I've always rated Mata more than most, but one very good performance and it eclipses everything. People are questioning why he's not been played, working him into their perfect United lineup etc.
Same with a few other players. Silly.

yeah, Moyes, LVG and Mourinho. Not s great fit is it
If there was any coach to get the best out of him in those 3 I would've instantly said LVG.

Feel the team and squad we had in LVG first season had a alot of potential in being arguably one of our better sides. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great game by Mata, he was my MOTM to be honest.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Immense performance. Played with desire, intelligence & composure (tackle aside). Was my MOTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.