Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

joleb

We broke Juan Matta - Congratulations.

I think this is the sadest blog post i have ever seen him write. He even didnt send any hugs at the end.

Lemansky

Share please ❤

https://juanmata8.com/en/blog/it-is-not-the-time-for-posts/

IT IS NOT THE TIME FOR POSTS
1 OCT 2018

Hi everyone,

Today, my blog post is shorter than usual. In fact, it isn’t really a time for posts. I want to thank all of you who support us during these tough times. I understand your frustrations.

The upcoming game against Valencia is a special one for me, but above all it is another chance to get back to winning ways.

Best wishes,

owlo

Seems he's lost his desire for football. Absolutely nothing player these days.

Share please ❤
If only search engines existed where you could type 'juan mata blog' and quickly find the results you desired eh?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Can't believe this dud was once our record signing and had the caf flooded in euphoria during that window. Bar the odd decent spell he has been a complete waste of space. Get rid.
There's a pattern emerging!

tomaldinho1

Typifies us post SAF.

A top player bought in for a high fee with no real plan/system that suits him. Kept on because he doesn't speak out and is probabaly a nice guy to have around the squad and is now in his 5th (?) season with us despite having never really been a guaranteed starter or playing his his best position.

Play him in his position (10), where he is excellent or don't play him at all. Copy & paste for Mkhi, Valencia, Rashford, Young etc etc. You can shoehorn a player into a position for a season but after that there's no excuse, how this has been going on so long with us across multiple positions beggars belief.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Can't believe this dud was once our record signing and had the caf flooded in euphoria during that window. Bar the odd decent spell he has been a complete waste of space. Get rid.
You can say this for pretty much every single signing post Fergie (apart from maybe Zlatan, and he's not ever here anymore)... so in those terms, i'd say Mata's been one of better signings - though obviously thats not saying that much, as they've mostly been gash.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Play him in his position (10), where he is excellent or don't play him at all. Copy & paste for Mkhi, Valencia, Rashford, Young etc etc. You can shoehorn a player into a position for a season but after that there's no excuse, how this has been going on so long with us across multiple positions beggars belief.
Mata was poor every single time he was used as a #10 under Mourinho. Hence why he hasn't been used there for ages. And after that using Mata on the right of a 4231 tended to be our best option as we constantly played better with him there than without him. Obviously he wasn't as good as what he was at Chelsea, but he was still fairly good for us the last couple of years.

He's been terrible for 9-12 months now. Actually, come to think of it, he completely lost his form around the same time last season as our entire attack stopped functioning. A bit of a chicken or the egg scenario there.

Owngoalscorer

Feel for the poor bloke
Getting chucked on on Saturday was a completely random move from the t*rd we currently have as a manager and served only to undermine him
Having said that it does look like he's coming to the end of the line sadly

SirAF

Ageist

1 OCT 2018

Hi everyone,

Today, my blog post is shorter than usual. In fact, it isn’t really a time for posts. I want to thank all of you who support us during these tough times. I understand your frustrations.

The upcoming game against Valencia is a special one for me, but above all it is another chance to get back to winning ways.

Best wishes,
About time!

rooneyberbatov

I may sound like a broken record, but he’s the only player who can find space in between and he can effectively make forward runs from a deeper position on the pitch. At the same time he’s the slowest one out there. We’re screwed.

stevoc

If only search engines existed where you could type 'juan mata blog' and quickly find the results you desired eh?
Have you got a link for these search engines that you speak of?

Last edited:

stevoc

Mata was poor every single time he was used as a #10 under Mourinho. Hence why he hasn't been used there for ages. And after that using Mata on the right of a 4231 tended to be our best option as we constantly played better with him there than without him. Obviously he wasn't as good as what he was at Chelsea, but he was still fairly good for us the last couple of years.

He's been terrible for 9-12 months now. Actually, come to think of it, he completely lost his form around the same time last season as our entire attack stopped functioning. A bit of a chicken or the egg scenario there.
Well i'm not sure if he's ever really got a run of 6-10 games centrally to get his form together, but regardless if he's deemed to be not good enough in his best position then he should have been sold. And years ago.

Because while he has had periods of him playing fairly well on the right wing he isn't a winger. And he has for the most part always made the team lopsided at best and at worst been a complete passenger who wanders around and plays pointless sideways passes. Leaving his fullback isolated in the process, he has deteriorated now to the point where i wouldn't mind if i never seen him play for United again. And i was a big fan of his at one point.

C3Pique

I'm three years older than Mata and have no cartilage in either knee but I could comfortably outrun him in a footrace. I swear we only keep him in the squad as a travelling companion to keep DDG from feeling homesick.

1 OCT 2018

Hi everyone,

Best wishes,
Thanks x

worldinmotion66

He looks like he's running through water half the time but he's never had or needed pace.

Play him in his correct position with the team pushed much higher to compress the space and he'd thrive, his movement, vision and finishing are still excellent, he's just never been used properly.

bescobarrada

Juan Mata is a living example of what Mourinho means to the teams. He is a player underestimated by the coach, but match after match proves her worth. He's the kind of player who isn't a big star but does his homework.

Web of Bissaka

Our play in the final third is shocking, as if no one knows how to attack and move properly.

Was hoping along with Martial, he would be sub in (vs Valencia CL). Could add juice to our play in that area, with his movements and good combinations.

Sylar

Whilst hes not as good as David Silva, im just wondering if we had Silva instead of Mata, whether we would stick him on the RW and then say hes not quick enough for us.

jem

Few will agree with me, but I'd still like to see him out there, preferably in his preferred position. At least he uses the ball with a modicum of intelligence, albeit a bit conservatively at times. And I just love the big, cuddly, Spanish teddy bear!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's games like this you wonder why he hasn't been playing

He might not be top top class but we do seem to play better with him in the side

JeffBoomTetris

That's what he brings to the team which has some umf to it. Quick interchanges, crisp passing and clever movement that opens up spaces. That's what you won't get playing Rashford or Martial type players out wide

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brilliant game from him! His passes were neat, not the most ambitious but had a purpose. Gave his all from the moment he came on and while he didnt have an impact in the 1st half, his 2nd half performance was great

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
We don't have any other player like him. The team needs someone with his deftness and creativity. He tied the whole thing together and was immense in the second half.

OL29

Massive performance, should maybe play a bit more considering our form, if only for the fact he's capable of bagging goals at important times.

acnumber9

Fantastic performance and along with Pogba and Martial dragged us back into it. He doesn’t miss from that range.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Game changer! I've wanted him to start more in recent weeks so hopefully he does now. He deserves to anyway.

Gave everything, thank you!
Every player did, and have done in every game! Even the ones we've lost. The abuse they get is crazy.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think he's been awful lately, but he was very good the 2nd half.

Certainly a big factor in our comeback.

Aloysius's Back 3

Fantastic play today - he even played as a CM which is something I wanted him to consider doing. Gave us flow in midfield.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Voted him MOTM. WHat a fecking performance. Amazing goal. His movement off the ball, link up play, etc, so so good, plus, he ran his socks off today. That's how you play for the team.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Fantastic play today - he even played as a CM which is something I wanted him to consider doing. Gave us flow in midfield.
I've never been too keen on the idea of him there because unlike Silva, Iniesta, Isco, etc, I don't think he has the strength required to keep the ball if pressed.

Recently, I've wanted us to adopt a 4-2-2-2 formation like City way back when, with Mata may occupying one of the inside playmaker roles á la Silva/Nasri.

Status
Not open for further replies.