Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He looks to me like he's either really unprepared for the season physically or he's lost a yard of pace, which is a scary thought. He seems to be 2 steps behind the opposition so far. He wasn't exactly great last season, but it's been an even more worrying start to this season from Mata for me. He'll always have the technical ability but all pre season and in both games so far he's been sluggish.

Ekeke

Nani used to create chances more often with his passing than Mata has for us. I think thats interesting given Mata has been considered a creative passer, while Nani was often lambasted for his passing.

stevoc

He was a RW for Valencia and he played that position at Chelsea when Oscar was bought.
I don't remember him playing there much for Valencia, certainly not whenever i watched him. This is missing stats from his first 2 years there but it give you an idea.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/juan-...erein=1049&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

He did play a bit there for Chelsea no doubt. I'm not saying he hasn't played there mate, i'm saying i don't think he's suited to the position. Especially now considering his physical deterioration.

Bola

A few bright moments, but what summed up his current frailties was a break in the last 5 to 10mins, where he was heading down the right in a threatening position, but was rapidly caught by the opposition despite the head start

I think he is a class act when distributing the ball and ti a lesser extent, popping up in the box, but his lack of athleticism and strength is very poor. We are just not set up to get the best out of him, so we normally see the worst which is unfortunately a player who stunts our attack

Needs to be moved on come the next window

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A few bright moments, but what summed up his current frailties was a break in the last 5 to 10mins, where he was heading down the right in a threatening position, but was rapidly caught by the opposition despite the head start

I think he is a class act when distributing the ball and ti a lesser extent, popping up in the box, but his lack of athleticism and strength is very poor. We are just not set up to get the best out of him, so we normally see the worst which is unfortunately a player who stunts our attack

Needs to be moved on come the next window
Yep, we saw the good and bad of Juan last night.

Ghosting into the box for a quick shot and nearly scored twice - good.

Running with the ball like he's an OAP in sand - bad.

Unfortunately athleticism is hugely important in modern football, the pace is so high you just can't be slow anymore. Unless he's playing as an AMC I can't see a place for him anymore. We need to let him go and replace him with somebody younger / more athletic. It's a shame as I do love Juan, but he just isn't consistently effective anymore.

-Supreme-

I'm sure José said last week that he wants to renew his deal as he is great in the dressing room.
Although Jose has been very honest in what he said to the press and fans, but I just don't see it happening especially his reasoning being "he is great in the dressing room"

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
He should leave to Italian league, to somewhere like Juventus, he could still start for them and be great alongisde other top players

MadMike

In theory this should have been the right game for him to make a good cameo. At home, while we're chasing a goal and pinning them back. Alas, he was hugely ineffective. Backtracking and playing square passes whenever on the ball.

He's done imo. That right flank is non-existent with Valencia also being a spent force and Lingard playing mostly as a #10 as well. He'll be moved on at the end of the year for sure.

IAmAWinner

Expect nothing of Mata these days. Was a passenger, like 75% of his games here. Surely will leave at the end of the season.

stevoc

If he's not playing centrally then he's pointless, offered nothing on the right as usual. Bringing him on instead of Young was a mistake, at least Young can still offer something in wide areas.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
He is a f**king non entity! A blem of shit!

He offers nothing!! A waste of a jersey.

Go on pal, write your usual dribble in your blog. How about putting it into action for a change??

Absolute joke

Ashley R1+O

He should have been replaced as soon as Jose came in and then the position re-buffered with a young guy behind that guy. Pretty poor handling of the situation from Woodward.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mourinho has become so sentimental and attached to his players of late, which is usually a tell-tale sign of weakness.

He doesn’t want to sell any of his men. When he first came here we thought he’d shop Mata. At Chelsea, he would have. He’s kept him around for 3 years now, playing him regularly at RW. Valencia is done, Mata is done, Darmian is useless, Rojo gets 5 years, Fellaini is Gazza. Anyone who has a ‘good attitude’ seems to be welcome to stay as long as they wish.

Credit to Fellaini, he’s actually a positively contributing player, but there are many who are finished and he insists he wants them all to stay whenever he’s asked.

Canagel

He's rubbish. Had two good opportunities to cross and hit the first man both times. Also there was a simple through ball in midweek and if he had made it we would've had a clear run at goal but it got intercepted. Has been declining slowly but he's finished now. Doesn't do the basics even.

RooneyLegend

How is he still here? It's players like him that have us needing a DOF quick, fast and in a hurry.

stevoc

Plenty of over-reaction here, not so surprising after the shit draw. Yes, he played poor. Form is still not sharp. Wonder how the next pages would be once he have good run of good form.
The criticism i'm sure is not entirely based on one performance. He's been average to poor for 2-3 years now and is rapidly declining physically and let's be honest he wasn't the greatest athlete to begin with.

I was a big Mata fan but he's done, he's a passenger whenever he plays. Playing him at RW with Valencia or Darmian completely kills one side of our attack.

ForestRGoinUp

Soon to be another in the growing list of players hyped by the club only to be sold at a loss or let go for nothing. And eventually end up somewhere we never hear from him again, making it all the more perplexing we were paying top wages to them.

jem

Go on pal, write your usual dribble in your blog. How about putting it into action for a change??

Absolute joke
That's such a ridiculous thing to say. You should seriously calm down. Sadly, I think Mata is done, but the guy is one of the few players who seems to respect what United stands for (and one of the very few who seems to be an actually interesting person), and he never brings any negative publicity to the club. Maybe having kids has given me a different perspective on things, but I find it bemusing how people can get so worked up and spout such nonsense about someone as fundamentally decent as Juan Mata.

lawliet354

The criticism i'm sure is not entirely based on one performance. He's been average to poor for 2-3 years now and is rapidly declining physically and let's be honest he wasn't the greatest athlete to begin with.

I was a big Mata fan but he's done, he's a passenger whenever he plays. Playing him at RW with Valencia or Darmian completely kills one side of our attack.
One of our most disappointing signing for me, from one of the best no.10 in the league to player that only give 4-5 good performances each season. The sooner he leave the better

Sylar

After Chelsea, I think he would have flourished going to a team that moves the ball quickly. Even though he doesnt have pace himself it would have suited him moreso than the years hes spent with us.

m1tch

Was hoping he was going to be playing centrally tonight with Lingard on the right, but it wasn't the case. He gives what he can on the right but it's clearly not getting the best out of him.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Absolute joke
I think you’re confusing the importance of football talent over being a decent, thoughtful human being.

Although writing dribble sounds like an interesting task...

stevoc

Good goal, passenger after that though. Surprised he completed the 90 minutes, is what i'm sure what their left back thought as he probably didn't notice he'd went off.

Dalot seemed a bit reluctant to get forward with Mata doing his usual right wing disappearing act.

Fracture90

We're a counter attacking team, looking to hurt opponents on the counter but we're playing Mata on the right wing.

Nothing against Mata but I've say it again, he was nothing more than a panic buy under Moyes even so he was never used properly and played behind the striker where his technique and passing ability can compensate for his lack of agility, strength and speed.

Also one thing I don't get, I'm a tall guy irl (195cm) and I swear to God whenever I played against short players those buggers we're always quick, fast and agile. How is it possible that Mata is none of those but is a little guy?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can't believe this dud was once our record signing and had the caf flooded in euphoria during that window. Bar the odd decent spell he has been a complete waste of space. Get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.