Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think we're still trying to retain both him and Grant. Would have seen a Thank You message from the club if that wasn't the case, and I think Mata will sign a 1 year extension

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think we're still trying to retain both him and Grant. Would have seen a Thank You message from the club if that wasn't the case, and I think Mata will sign a 1 year extension
I don't think it'll be an extension - otherwise it would have happened already.

It'll be a brand new contract, on reduced terms, probably with his future career path at United taken into account/laid out.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't think it'll be an extension - otherwise it would have happened already.

It'll be a brand new contract, on reduced terms, probably with his future career path at United taken into account/laid out.
Yeah, I meant in terms of extending his stay. I also have a feeling that they're probably negotiating his future path at the club rather than the financial aspect of the playing contract (which I think is fairly straight forward as both parties want the deal to happen as per reports)

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Club has confirmed he's signed a new 1 year deal

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Will probably just limit Diallo's game time, he barely had an impact last season, why? I understand the club is rich but Mata and Jones are on 200 - 250k a season. That's 10 million with close to no impact.

saivet

Will probably just limit Diallo's game time, he barely had an impact last season, why? I understand the club is rich but Mata and Jones are on 200 - 250k a season. That's 10 million with close to no impact.
I think it's unfair to lump Mata in with Jones, as I'm sure his contract will more accurately reflect his bit part status in the squad.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think it's unfair to lump Mata in with Jones, as I'm sure his contract will more accurately reflect his bit part status in the squad.
Fair enough, but both should not be here as they contribute zero on the pitch as players of the first team, if you ask me. But I guess Mata's good vibes and smiles is worth 5 million to Ole and the people he answers to. All that matters.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I always wondered if he could do a job as a deep lying playmaker in certain games where the opposition sits off and gives time and space on the ball. Kind of like what Cazorla did for Arsenal before his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.