Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

LVGSdive

It was against lower league opposition obviously, but I think he did rather well for his first real match for Dortmund. Maybe he can help the first team a lot sooner than expected.
They were always planning on playing him from the start. It's why he chose Dortmund.

do.ob

They were always planning on playing him from the start. It's why he chose Dortmund.
Dortmund for sure needed his player type more than United, but between Witsel, Can, Delaney, Brandt, Reyna or even Dahoud who all want to play in CM it wasn't a foregone conclusion that he would start immediate and I wouldn't be surprised either if Favre went back to more experienced options for the time being when the opponents are of higher quality in the upcoming games.

LVGSdive

Dortmund for sure needed his player type more than United, but between Witsel, Can, Delaney, Brandt, Reyna or even Dahoud who all want to play in CM it wasn't a foregone conclusion that he would start immediate and I wouldn't be surprised either if Favre went back to more experienced options for the time being when the opponents are of higher quality in the upcoming games.
Reyna has been playing on the wings/attacking forward and Can has been playing centre back during pre season. So already that leaves a lot less competition. Bellingham isn't the average 17 year old. He is ready to play already in their starting 11.

do.ob

Reyna has been playing on the wings/attacking forward and Can has been playing centre back during pre season. So already that leaves a lot less competition. Bellingham isn't the average 17 year old. He is ready to play already in their starting 11.
Can has been playing as a CB during pre-season, because Favre played two seperate teams, so he needed two sets of CBs and because Zagadou is injured. The way it has played out at the moment neither he or Reyna are in direct competition with Bellingham, but if Zagadou was fit Can would probably be playing in midfield and if Favre was using a 433, like he tried all pre-season, then Reyna would probably compete for a CM spot as well.

saivet

How did he play in the game against Gladbach and what type of midfield role was he played in?

I'm not sure what type of midfielder he is or Dortmund plan him to be, but certainly something to watch from an England perspective .

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Taken off at the 60th minute, very quiet the entire game.
Bags of talent but not ready yet to be a starter in a team aiming for top 2 in the BL.
Wonder if Favre will keep handing him starts in the coming weeks or will try to integrate him a bit slower;