Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

Shai-Hulud

I mean... why the heck would he come here... We likely won't have CL to offer. Our star shine is almost gone. All we can offer is money (and a decent manager, right now...), while he can probably pick from almost any club to go to.

Kaos

I mean... why the heck would he come here... We likely won't have CL to offer. Our star shine is almost gone. All we can offer is money (and a decent manager, right now...), while he can probably pick from almost any club to go to.
How do you know we won't have CL to offer? Its feasible next season we'll be in the competition and Liverpool won't. We'd also easily be able to offer him a better contract.

If City were interested it would be a different story. We'd likely have no chance then.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I actually think only Man Utd will meet the demand of both BVB and the player.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He seems to be very well liked here but I'm not really sold on him, I hope we look elsewhere with that price tag of his.

Shai-Hulud

How do you know we won't have CL to offer? Its feasible next season we'll be in the competition and Liverpool won't. We'd also easily be able to offer him a better contract.

If City were interested it would be a different story. We'd likely have no chance then.
Well I don't know that for sure but the competition for top 4 will be stiff. I don't expect LFC to keep fecking up all season long.

But if we do get CL- and if €150m for the player + mega wages is what it takes... maybe we can do better in signing 2 other players instead.

BlueHaze

An absolute "must sign" many supporters are labelling him as. What a crock of horseshit. 80% of us said the same about Jadon and now half the fanbase are slagging him off. Bellingham will cost probably €140m or more. Best of luck to whichever club is daft enough to pay that and I hope it's not us.

Remember the geese

Your post makes me want to forget the geese and remember how poor some people's opinions are.

Valencia Shin Crosses

An absolute "must sign" many supporters are labelling him as. What a crock of horseshit. 80% of us said the same about Jadon and now half the fanbase are slagging him off. Bellingham will cost probably €140m or more. Best of luck to whichever club is daft enough to pay that and I hope it's not us.
Only way I think that level of fee is worth it is if you are getting a Neymar/Mbappe/Haaland/ etc. type attacker that will singlehandedly transform your attack as well as put up monster G/A numbers from the get go. Anything less from a contribution standpoint and you are probably getting ripped off.

Bellingham is certainly worth a Sancho level fee. Honestly he's worth a bit more as I think his profile is tougher to find. But he's not worth double.

Vapor trail

I actually think only Man Utd will meet the demand of both BVB and the player.
After the summer United just had and Murtough's comments there's no chance the club sign Bellingham for anything over 100 million. Under Glazer ownership atleast.

Giggsy13

It could be that a lot of our supporters are crocks of horseshit for quickly making judgments on young players instead of being patient and having half a brain. Sancho being written off already even though he’s played under unstable conditions with 3 different managers. Sancho needs time among others in the squad to get used to ten Hag.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sancho is the same player he was for Dortmund but being thrown into an entirely wrong team

Bellingham should be an easier fit no matter where he ends up, as his role is different and he doesn't have any obvious weakness to his game aside from not being a great passer - unless you ask him to be Xavi, there won't be a problem there.

Agree he's not worth ridiculous money though(100M+)

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Fantastic footballer, great future ahead of him. Why would he join us ?

We are more in EL than CL, we are celebrating 4th, because above is impossible.

And I don t know if he is the type of player we would need in our team.

I d say we need more of a controlling midfielder next to Casemiro, an upgrade to Eriksen, to dictate the tempo.

Bellingham would fit well in Klopp side, but I see him joining Madrid this summer, as they are impossible to refuse.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It could be that a lot of our supporters are crocks of horseshit for quickly making judgments on young players instead of being patient and having half a brain. Sancho being written off already even though he’s played under unstable conditions with 3 different managers. Sancho needs time among others in the squad to get used to ten Hag.
To be fair any player regardless of age cost that kind of transfer fee and salary people expect result right away.

Strootman's Finger

I'm not shocked someone from Toronto has such an arrogant opinion. I have a full brain, I have seen enough of Sancho over a year plus to confidently say he's not showing enough, and he's not showing the signs of improving, and he isn't showing an attitude that suggests any of that will change. He's a young player, that did well in a weak league, and that landed him a massive paycheck and the end of any ambition he has in the sport. Although, in fairness, it only takes half a brain to realize some players don't work in some teams, and some players don't work in some leagues. Maybe someday you'll figure that out.

Giggsy13

I'm not shocked someone from Toronto has such an arrogant opinion. I have a full brain, I have seen enough of Sancho over a year plus to confidently say he's not showing enough, and he's not showing the signs of improving, and he isn't showing an attitude that suggests any of that will change. He's a young player, that did well in a weak league, and that landed him a massive paycheck and the end of any ambition he has in the sport. Although, in fairness, it only takes half a brain to realize some players don't work in some teams, and some players don't work in some leagues. Maybe someday you'll figure that out.
:lol::lol::lol:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That’s 4 goals in 4 games in a row now right?
Yes, scored a goal in every CL game so far, on top an assist against Sevilla in the first leg.

Funny that he hasn't scored a single goal in the BL this season so far.

foolsgold

Fantastic footballer, great future ahead of him. Why would he join us ?

We are more in EL than CL, we are celebrating 4th, because above is impossible.
I really don't get this defeatist attitude, sure City are streets ahead of everyone else and will win the league, but beyond that are we really behind the chasing pack?

Liverpool and Arsenal, played both, defeated both. We' had a rocky first couple of weeks but we've won 5 from 6 in the league since and are starting to gel as a team, I see no reason why we can't finish 2nd.

Chief123

I really don't get this defeatist attitude, sure City are streets ahead of everyone else and will win the league, but beyond that are we really behind the chasing pack?

Liverpool and Arsenal, played both, defeated both. We' had a rocky first couple of weeks but we've won 5 from 6 in the league since and are starting to gel as a team, I see no reason why we can't finish 2nd.
I agree. If anything we look like a project heading in the right direction under ETH. A lot better prospect than we did last season.

If the talk is of Bellingham to Liverpool, well that project looks like it’s heading in the total opposite direction. The squad looks like it needs plenty of investment which has never been forthcoming. Even talks of the managers reign nearing its end.

Obviously if City come calling with the money and potential trophies they’ll offer, it’s different. But the rest of the top 6 in the league aren’t far off each other as a prospect.

krazyrobus

Another BVB player, no thanks. It has not gone according to plan with the past ones.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Was pretty bad outside of his goal today, though. Probably needs a rest, seems to be exhausted

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Another BVB player, no thanks. It has not gone according to plan with the past ones.
Because your club has been, pardon my french, a clown show. You sign the English David Silva and then ask him to play like Robben ffs...

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Was pretty bad outside of his goal today, though. Probably needs a rest, seems to be exhausted
I don't think I've seen him miss a game this season, insane given the scheduling and that he played for England as well.

Definitely needs a break, but will Dortmund seriously consider a midfield of Ozcan, Can and Brandt? :D

EDIT: He's played ever single minute of competitive football this season for Dortmund and England :eek: Started ever game and was only once subbed out in stoppage time against Germanym incredible stamina.

Last edited:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Think I've said it a few times, but he'd be the ideal player to take over from Xhaka in that advanced number 8 role that Xhaka now occupies, as he could offer more than Xhaka going forward but still have the defensive game needed to compete in there.

Not that we have much of a chance anyway, we'd probably be about 6th down the food chain, but if the Kronkes wanted to make a statement signing if we returned to the Champions League, maybe a minute chance?

In saying all that, given the cost and wages he'd command, I'm still not sure it would be the right move. The lad would be under too much pressure coming in at those costs. Maybe Madrid would be the best option, or perhaps City. Can certainly see Boehly throwing £££ at him and Dortmund as well.

Varun1

Because your club has been, pardon my french, a clown show. You sign the English David Silva and then ask him to play like Robben ffs...
You think Sancho should play in the middle, instead of Bruno?

redcucumber

In the past 2 years we've signed Varane, Ronaldo, Casemiro, Sancho, and Antony. How in god's name do you take from that that our star shine is almost gone?! Has any big club signed as many flashy names as us in recent times? Also we are well in the conversation for finishing top 4 ffs.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
In the past 2 years we've signed Varane, Ronaldo, Casemiro, Sancho, and Antony. How in god's name do you take from that that our star shine is almost gone?! Has any big club signed as many flashy names as us in recent times? Also we are well in the conversation for finishing top 4 ffs.
Varane is a top player, but never was that flashy name, Ronaldo today is just a flashy name and not any longer the player to back it up, Casemiro became (potentially) surplus due to Real rejuvenating their midfield, Sancho was a player no other club had interest in (for that price at least), same goes for Antony I believe (but am not totally sure about him).

bringbackbebe

I hope we get smart and sign the "next" Jude Bellingham and not Jude Bellingham himself for that price tag.

redcucumber

Varane is a top player, but never was that flashy name, Ronaldo today is just a flashy name and not any longer the player to back it up, Casemiro became (potentially) surplus due to Real rejuvenating their midfield, Sancho was a player no other club had interest in (for that price at least), same goes for Antony I believe (but am not totally sure about him).
C'mon, Varane is a huge name. He was a key part of a team that won the CL an historic 3 times in a row (he won it 4 times in total) and won the World Cup in 2018. He also turned down multiple contract renewals at Madrid. Obviously Ronaldo isn't the same player now, but last summer it was another huge signing and he was about to join Man City until we declared our interest. Apparently Ancelotti also wanted to keep Casemiro, but obviously we offered him something he was interested in - I doubt he was forced out of the door. Sancho himself said that he was approached by Chelsea and Liverpool. Antony I don't know much about in terms of interest from other clubs etc. Still, I really don't agree with how you're assessing things. It's like downplaying Madrid's signing of Tchouameni. It takes a lot to pull off these big name, high value transfers in which the players are either amongst the best in the world, or are seen as having world class potential. There's always going to be big clubs interested, offering big money to either join or sign a contract renewal.

Last edited:

RedorDead21

Your team needs a CB, varane is muted as available…he’s one of the worlds top flashing name in lights kinda player for anyone anywhere!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I know BL fans hate United but come on.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I know BL fans hate United but come on.
Looking at your and previous reactions I should probably have made it more clear that I don't think they are top players. They definitely are (except Ronaldo), but they aren't flashy. For example Varane and Casemiro have won multiple CL, but the flashy players were Ramos and Modric on their positions in regard to media attention etc. Those were the faces of the team, Casemiro and Varana were just part of the team (albeit a crucial part).

redcucumber

Looking at your and previous reactions I should probably have made it more clear that I don't think they are top players. They definitely are (except Ronaldo), but they aren't flashy. For example Varane and Casemiro have won multiple CL, but the flashy players were Ramos and Modric on their positions in regard to media attention etc. Those were the faces of the team, Casemiro and Varana were just part of the team (albeit a crucial part).
They are just as equally 'flashy' as Bellingham in terms of being huge names, if not more so. Which is who this conversation is about.

BlueHaze

I agree but still stand by the fact that prices for these players are not worth it unless you are owned by oil prince sheiks...

A club like us which is already ridden in debt spending 140m euros on a player like Bellingham is disastrous should it happen. Not to mention the gross overvaluation.