Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

Amazing Santos

Will be a Premier League 100m signing within a year or two and then that club finding out that he's just another average player.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Would be foolish for Madrid to have a 20 year old kid as a starter in midfield when we already have other youngsters, and he won't join Madrid unless he is guaranteed a credible shot at starting (basically Kroos & Modric both need to leave). We need to go for at least one experienced player, who's seen it all, even if he is on the wrong side of 30. If City don't win the CL this season, I'd be delighted if we went for a 32y old De Bruyne for a few years. I love Bernardo Silva too but I think we have his skill sets covered with Valverde and Camavinga.
Also I feel he is a bit overhyped based on the 2-3 Dortmund matches I've seen this season. He's good but I got a better feeling watching Valverde (when he first started under Zidane) and Tchouameni (again 2-3 matches I saw last season).

EDIT: I vaguely remember Courtois and De Bruyne not getting along for some reason. Hope they've resolved it.
Agreed, I’d say Valverde is a similar and better player

Bwuk

He’s Gerrard mk2 without the aggression.

If he came here he’d be better in Bruno’s spot than Eriksens.

Rolaholic

Would be smart from their end, doubt he'll sign an extension though

Himannv

We should stay away from this one. It'll be hard to fit him into the team because his best position isn't exactly what we need for the system we play (a bit like what it was with Pogba when he was here).

Rolaholic

Which isn't a surprise. He was selected as third choice captain for the season behind Reus and Hummels and as those two are injured he is captaining the team today.
Whatever the context, him even being an option and already captaining 2 senior sides by the age of 19 speaks volumes...

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
He’s Gerrard mk2 without the aggression.

If he came here he’d be better in Bruno’s spot than Eriksens.
I don’t know where you get the fact he’s not aggressive. Go and watch him and he was 16 at Birmingham bullying men.

Remember the geese

I'm not overly fussed about him at all. I'd rather have him than not, but not for the ridiculous price. I don't see central midfield as a huge priority for us.

Rolaholic

The English tax on him will be astronomical but man, he's a ridiculous talent...

Looks a better player than even Foden was at the same stage

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

The English tax on him will be astronomical but man, he's a ridiculous talent...

And that while captaining his team.

avgp_1

His improvement in long passing is quite noticeable this season.

Doracle

Absolute must sign for United in my view. CM is so critical for us. We can’t afford to miss out on a player like this.

Chief123

We should stay away from this one. It'll be hard to fit him into the team because his best position isn't exactly what we need for the system we play (a bit like what it was with Pogba when he was here).
Bellingham would fit in perfectly in the role Eriksen plays.

MileStolar

Another one that made a great choice by joining Borussia Dortmund over us. Haaland did too and he's reaping his rewards now. Can't blame them at all, and I hope Ten Hag fixes this over years so we can again start to see potential world beaters become butterflies in front of our eyes.

Remember the geese

:lol:Gentlemen! Duel at dawn!
Don't get me wrong, a central midfielder is not to be sniffed at, but I assume we will have a limited budget. Goalkeeper and striker are far more of a priority. However, if Martial can miraculously stay fit, then perhaps we could sign a relatively cheap striker and allocate the funds towards Bellingham. Not ideal though, as a top class striker is a necessity in my opinion.

Monks_United

I think he would do well in a Gerrard / Lampard sort of a role. From what I have seen, I don't think he is a playmaker. He has good passing much like both Gerrard and Lampard had but he will end up being one of those players who you need to fit into the side to go attack the ball a lot more. Somewhere between an 8 and a 10. Not strictly the kind of player we need right now though but would make sense, if we decided to get rid of Bruno. Him in a side with Bruno just wouldn't work and deeper in the midfield he is still a pretty good player but we won't get value for the kind of money we end up paying for him to play there.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
We should be searching the globe for the next Modric/Scholes type players, players with huge technical skill set. We desperately need midfielders that are very good at controlling football matches. Jude is not that in my eyes.

Woodzy

We should be searching the globe for the next Modric/Scholes type players, players with huge technical skill set. We desperately need midfielders that are very good at controlling football matches. Jude is not that in my eyes.
He's a match winner, that's more than enough and definitely more than what we have in midfield atm. We do need good technical players, but Bellingham is the sort of player that is going to win games for you like Lampard/Gerrard as another poster mentioned and I don't think we can pass up the chance to get him. Unfortunately, I don't think our appeal is high enough any more.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
He's a match winner, that's more than enough and definitely more than what we have in midfield atm. We do need good technical players, but Bellingham is the sort of player that is going to win games for you like Lampard/Gerrard as another poster mentioned and I don't think we can pass up the chance to get him. Unfortunately, I don't think our appeal is high enough any more.
We need midfielders that know the art of keeping possession in tight situations, whilst also knowing and having the vision to release accurate foward passes.

If you need a match winner buy a striker to score goals, we shouldn't compromise our midfield in future windows by buying players because of how Athletic they are, besides we already have Bruno known for his lack of control, getting Jude in would make our midfield very unbalance.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
No way should we be spending big on this lad, he's a quality player no doubt, but the amount required to buy him would be insane. Better use those funds on two quality players than one quality English taxed player.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
For the price he costs he'll have to be a lot more than just a matchwinner who is better than our current midfield. He needs to actually fit the needs of the team going forward, near-perfectly.

And we know what our midfield is missing. We can see it in the qualities we didn't manage to bring into the team when our main summer target FDJ wasn't secured. We bought Casemiro instead, who brings entirely different qualities, but those other needs still need to be addressed and Bellingham doesn't particularly seem to be the right profile of player to do that.

bosskeano

we have no chance of signing Jude so might as well not even entertain the thought

Abraxas

Why is he getting compared to Gerrard and Lampard? They were goalscorers. Probably midfielders of a different era as nobody really breaks forward and scores goals at that rate anymore. Bellingham hardly scores. That's a big difference.

I see Bellingham has a bit of a jack of all trades midfielder. I don't think he'd come in and immediately kick us up levels. Still has a way to go in my opinion. He can do a bit of everything pretty well but is he going to be exceptional at anything that turns him from prodigy to established world class or will that be enough as he continues to develop? I'm not sure, I don't think he's a 100 million quid player at the moment but you're buying potential.

bosskeano

No we need to sign the next possible Jude. We tried with him and he turned us down. We need to show we give young players a chance...
not saying these guys have his potential but we already have a couple of young players who look to be pretty damn good already if given the chance.....Iqbal, Savage and the younger kid Mainoo

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
It will be interesting to see what happens. I wouldn't count out City. Bernardo will likely want to leave again next summer and both KDB and Gundogan will be 32 by then. They're going to need a big midfield makeover and they've shown now with both Grealish and Haaland that they're willing to pay really top level fees/wages for single players in ways they previously seemed to avoid.