Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pughnichi

Pogba was hot and cold in the academy with Ravel Morrison the big star if truth be told.
disagree. I lived next to Alti FC and went to watch countless youth games. Pogba was insane. He didn't score as many goals as Morrison but he was the one to make things tick in that team.

I was screaming for Pogba debut and devastated when he left. That now infamous Blackburn game left me so annoyed.

I had been a huge fan of his based on his progression and performances for our youth team

says a lot then that whilst I think he is by far our best player, I wouldn’t be too bothered seeing him leave. The constant circus is tiresome

Velvet Revolver

I was trying to commit you into expanding on it so that you may see the flaw of it tbh. I understand your point. One player is 16, so he should be going for a nominal fee, while a more established player should cost more, or we at least should be happy to spend more on the more senior player. It makes sense up until the point where it places no relevance on the respective abilities or potential of each player. Many teams would pay more money for a 16 year old Messi or Mbappe than a finished article Jesse Lingard. Bellingham is, by all accounts, a unique talent and possibly the best in the world of his age. Fernandes is a 25 year old journeyman doing very well in the Portuguese league at the moment.
It was not my intention to sound like a prick. Apoglies

My point was more in terms of how we are doing our transfers. We are haggling over a player who can make our current team good and also maybe help us push for top for in the second half. While we are happy to spend on a player who may be part of the first team in the future? A future which may not have the present manager or the management team.

so even looking at long term they are forgetting to manage the present.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
It was not my intention to sound like a prick. Apoglies

My point was more in terms of how we are doing our transfers. We are haggling over a player who can make our current team good and also maybe help us push for top for in the second half. While we are happy to spend on a player who may be part of the first team in the future? A future which may not have the present manager or the management team.

so even looking at long term they are forgetting to manage the present.
Based on what? Who said we aren't haggling for Bellingham too? You're seemingly complaining about something you've made up in your mind.

Not to mention Bruno links are far more credible than any of the Bellingham ones, also going against your point.

DBT85

25M feels a bit too much for a 16 year old. Hope he is worth the hype ability wise but more importantly, mentally strong enough to handle the resulting expectations. All this if there is any truth in these rumours of course and it is not just baldy making up shit.
Lest we forget that we paid £25m for an 18 year old 16 years ago. With the market the way it is today even if it is 25m (and not the original 12m) for an apparently highly rated 16 year old who's playing regular first team football in a tough league isn't an alarming number to me tbh. We don't have to worry about the net spend trophy.

The question is really whether the family agree to it all as this isn't the first time the option as been there for the boy.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Pogba was hot and cold for reserves when he was in last year of contract. In Academy he was the absolute star and there was no question whether he will make it or not. Morrison had several incidents already and it did look at that moment that he won't make it due to his antics.
Also maybe this will unpopular opinion among Pogba worst critics, but Pogba was the better player even then as far I am concerned.

25m for 16 year old is way too much. He has to be Pogba level to justify the cost. Mjebri cost us 10m and he looks like one hell of a player. Not sure how much better Jude is than Mjebri.

Velvet Revolver

Based on what? Who said we aren't haggling for Bellingham too? You're seemingly complaining about something you've made up in your mind.

Not to mention Bruno links are far more credible than any of the Bellingham ones, also going against your point.
Clearly you have seen the papers right? and the jouros and all other news. If we are haggling for bellingham and then we have reached a 25m value then that's even worse!

are you irony in human form? you say bruno links are credible but don't believe the same links that say we've been haggling over the fee?

beingshe7don

People like Gomes, Garner & Levitt have barely got minutes. Are we going to play him in the reserves?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Fernandes is just a smokescreen for Jude Bellinghman.

Joke aside I wouldn't put it past the club lining up Jude as a Bruno Fernandes alternative.

Last edited:

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
People like Gomes, Garner & Levitt have barely got minutes. Are we going to play him in the reserves?
Comparing apples with oranges. Bellingham is already proving himself at a higher level.

There would be absolutely zero point in buying a regular in The Championship and having play U23 standard football. If anything he would go on loan...

mu4c_20le

We should try and send one of Garner or Levitt over to them to sweeten the deal, would toughen them up as well

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Clearly you have seen the papers right? and the jouros and all other news. If we are haggling for bellingham and then we have reached a 25m value then that's even worse!

are you irony in human form? you say bruno links are credible but don't believe the same links that say we've been haggling over the fee?
I have and I’d suggest you should get a grip and look at them less. We haven’t reached anything for Bellingham.

Of course we’ve haggled over the fee of Bruno. We haggle over every fee just like every other club. The fact you don’t know something simple explains why you believe every shit paper you read.

Velvet Revolver

I have and I’d suggest you should get a grip and look at them less. We haven’t reached anything for Bellingham.

Of course we’ve haggled over the fee of Bruno. We haggle over every fee just like every other club. The fact you don’t know something simple explains why you believe every shit paper you read.
hmmm so you can selectively choose want you want to believe. Yeah we haggle over every fee and end up over paying. I am not sure why you are trying to defend a management who is clueless at negotiations!

NoPace

Comparing apples with oranges. Bellingham is already proving himself at a higher level.

There would be absolutely zero point in buying a regular in The Championship and having play U23 standard football. If anything he would go on loan...
Presumably he'd just stay there on loan until the end of the season and either be in the first team for us next season or get a loan for one more year either back there or to a side higher up in the Championship that promises us he'd be first choice and get a ton of games.

Tough to loan a 17 year old central midfielder to a Prem side and be sure they'll get playing time these days and he's too young to go abroad.

We also have no idea if the club expects any or all of Pogba, Mata, Lingard, Pereira or Gomes to be back next year, and if 2-3 leave then Bellingham can get enough minutes to make being here worthwhile even if he's also playing a fair amount of U23 football.

SteveW

disagree. I lived next to Alti FC and went to watch countless youth games. Pogba was insane. He didn't score as many goals as Morrison but he was the one to make things tick in that team.

I was screaming for Pogba debut and devastated when he left. That now infamous Blackburn game left me so annoyed.

I had been a huge fan of his based on his progression and performances for our youth team

says a lot then that whilst I think he is by far our best player, I wouldn’t be too bothered seeing him leave. The constant circus is tiresome
Pogba was talented but inconsistent. Ravel was outrageously good at that level. He was the best player in the u18s when he was 15 and it wasn't even close. In over 20 years watching the academy only Greenwood has been as good imo.

SteveW

Want this guy. We'd have a huge crop of talented young midfielders. Bellingham, Garner, Levitt, Mejbri and Gomes. Surely at least a couple would make the step up.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sign him and loan him back to them for 18 months. That should bring the price down a little too. If he's as good of a prospect as I have been reading then it's a safe investment.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Pogba was talented but inconsistent. Ravel was outrageously good at that level. He was the best player in the u18s when he was 15 and it wasn't even close. In over 20 years watching the academy only Greenwood has been as good imo.
Ravel was once described by some at the club as more talented than Scholes. However he's an absolute gobshite and has let his talents go to waste (under statement of the century)

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Ravel was once described by some at the club as more talented than Scholes. However he's an absolute gobshite and has let his talents go to waste (under statement of the century)
Crazy talented, and kids football is different to pro football. If he wasn't a gobshite, what type of player do you think he would have been by now? Similar position to Lingard and Alli, just a lot better? Or more like Pogba, running things in midfield?

SteveW

He was insanely gifted.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Sign him and loan him back to them for 18 months. That should bring the price down a little too. If he's as good of a prospect as I have been reading then it's a safe investment.
Isn't the main stumbling block his wanting guaranteed games. This kind of deal would make sense. If we've honestly offered 25m then that's a pretty huge offer for a 16 year old.

In Rainbows

I would put Gomes in that camp. Gomes dominated the u18s at age 16, and he's very technically gifted. Gomes won player of the tournament at the MTU Hallencup and also player of the tournament at the Manchester United Premier Cup (Nike Premier Cup). That's a very prestigious youth tournament.

Difference is that Greenwood has taken really well to first team football, to now separate the two. But then so did Rashford and Williams relative to Gomes, however based on talent I can't say that Williams was a bigger talent than Gomes. Out of the English talents, I would say that Ravel, Greenwood, and Gomes are our most talented since Scholes based on their time in the youth set up.

I don't think they would turn it down if we payed them and also loaned them Bellingham for 18 months. They would have the same team as they do now, but with extra cash without any loss in productivity. Bellingham would be helping his club for 18 months, give his hometown club some needed cash, and he would have larger wages.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If we're willing to pay £25m (add-ons or no that's mental money!), and if the kid has already shown the physical and mental qualities to allow him to play Championship football, I can only think we'd be planning to put him in the first team squad given how weak our squad is in that area. I suppose it may depend on what he feels about his personal life and schooling etc as well tbf, but at least we're only an hour, hour and a half or so's drive from where presumably his friends and family are.

pablotatt

If we're willing to pay £25m (add-ons or no that's mental money!), and if the kid has already shown the physical and mental qualities to allow him to play Championship football, I can only think we'd be planning to put him in the first team squad given how weak our squad is in that area. I suppose it may depend on what he feels about his personal life and schooling etc as well tbf, but at least we're only an hour, hour and a half or so's drive from where presumably his friends and family are.
Have you never heard about the M6?

Dante

Average bang
When I was an 18 year old picking out a University, I wanted to be a decent distance away from my family. I'm sure it's the same with many 16 year old footballers.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
When I was an 18 year old picking out a University, I wanted to be a decent distance away from my family. I'm sure it's the same with many 16 year old footballers.
Depends on the personality. Some will thrive independently and some need the support if their family. It’s a bit of a generalisation that many 16 year old footballers want to distance themselves from their families. Some like Rooney have always wanted their families close by

Red_toad

Depends on the personality. Some will thrive independently and some need the support if their family. It’s a bit of a generalisation that many 16 year old footballers want to distance themselves from their families. Some like Rooney have always wanted their families close by
No that was Coleen trying to keep his little head under control.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You were going to get on the piss and try and get a shag on freshers; not be in the face of the public for the biggest club in England and have every move you make hyper-analysed

MrPooni

Growing up in the Birmingham area, my nephew has played against Bellingham a few times over the years and claims he's the best he has ever seen at that level. He's still relatively young so perhaps not the most reliable scout but he's adamant that this kid will be something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.