Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm not sure that this deal is as done as some claim. Madrid need to close the deal with Dortmund but other clubs will offer more money
The word is that City's personal offer to Bellingham was higher than Madrid's, and if he has chosen Madrid he seems more or less on track.
It could be that Borussia ask for a crazy amount of unattainable money, everything comes to a standstill and he ends up changing his mind but it seems unlikely. I guess Madrid will be willing to go to 100 million euros + targets.

Gazza

According to Gentleman Jim, Real Madrid offered an eye watering sum that City didn't want to pay, despite City previously having had a deal all wrapped up for him. So I don't think there will be a bidding war.

pascell

The word is that City's personal offer to Bellingham was higher than Madrid's, and if he has chosen Madrid he seems more or less on track.
It could be that Borussia ask for a crazy amount of unattainable money, everything comes to a standstill and he ends up changing his mind but it seems unlikely. I guess Madrid will be willing to go to 100 million euros + targets.
I don't think clubs would have approached Bellingham if they thought Dortmund would price them out of the move. They are a selling club and €110m+ bonuses I can see being the final figure.

Sir Erik ten Hag

According to Gentleman Jim, Real Madrid offered an eye watering sum that City didn't want to pay, despite City previously having had a deal all wrapped up for him. So I don't think there will be a bidding war.
When we did the same thing for Sanchez, all the press went with "Money or Pep?" angle. Yet this time because it's Real Madrid, you only hear about how they are so high-leveled at attracting players. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He’s not proven it in the CL or with England, he isn’t close to being world class!
I'm not as massive a fan of Bellingham (certainly not 150mil of a fan), but he was very good against City two seasons ago in the CL and was great against Sevilla as well. Had a goal very unfairly ruled out against City that could have had an impact on the tie.

Sir Erik ten Hag

He wouldn't be as scrutinized there as the case if he came to the Premier League and have the media slaughter him for any miss-placed passes. The media has made our league the most toxic in Europe for young players, I'm afraid.

Andersons Dietician

Oh well…. cheeky wee bid in to Real for Valverde or Camavinga. Especially if Mbappe is also on the shopping list :smirk: it’s annoying how well run they are at times. But I suppose it’s easy to do from a position of strength with a midfield of Modric, Kroos and Cas and slowly phasing them out and having the replacements lined up. What was that 2 seasons of recruitment and they have or will have 3 of the “next big thing” lined up waiting to take over.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Double down

City now hates life, because keep in mind that he's said yes!

Say yes to football heritage, but no to plastic

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Can we get Bellingham hates plastic in the thread title please?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Not feeling this signing at all. Kinda hoping it doesn’t go through. We need to strengthen other areas.

Baneofthegame

Not feeling this signing at all. Kinda hoping it doesn’t go through. We need to strengthen other areas.
Basically keeps your midfield sorted for the next 10 years at least, can still upgrade RB/LB/ST, you'll most likely make half of it back with player sales I imagine as well.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
If he doesn’t flop and shows decent performances half of the Premier League will be ready to buy him from you. Seems a win win situation for you guys.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
After Casemiro, Modric and Kroos...Real Madrid's midfield options are Valverde, Tchouameni, Camavinga, and Bellingham. :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What a career trajectory.

Don't know if he's good enough, but he's been primed for the very top since his early teens and it's rare to see that followed through so succinctly.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
What a career trajectory.

Don't know if he's good enough, but he's been primed for the very top since his early teens and it's rare to see that followed through so succinctly.
And he may actually live up to it like Rooney.

zaafi

Someone explain to me how or why he is going to earn more than Benzema or Vinicius, Modric or Kroos. He's 19 years old, Real Madrid want him and he wants Real Madrid. What is the point of paying him a ridiculous amount before he's even proved himself there?

gajender

Someone explain to me how or why he is going to earn more than Benzema or Vinicius, Modric or Kroos. He's 19 years old, Real Madrid want him and he wants Real Madrid. What is the point of paying him a ridiculous amount before he's even proved himself there?
He isn't it's nonsense no way he would be second highest earner at Madrid in his first Contract .

Rolaholic

No way he goes for Antony money. Given all the hype around him. I refuse to believe he'll go for that price.
There are probably gonna be a bunch of add-ons that'll take it somewhere north of 110-120m where Dortmund can be comfortable with the final fee.

Cezine

Supports
Real Madrid
odd honestly....Tchouameni, Camavinga and Bellingham all seem to be very similar type of players. there is no modric type of player in that group and he was the one who really made them tick.
Being realistic, there's no midfielder in the world, young or not, that is Modric type, nobody will give the team what Modric gives. And the only 'similar' player, while not being able to lace Modric's boots, plays in Barcelona. So, they need a different more realistic approach.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Sorry for quoting my February self, but on the notion that Cama/Tchoua/Fede are the same type - spoiler, they're not - and that he can't be compared to Modric - spoiler, he's basically a 96/97 left compared to Modric 100 right - I'll do it anyway.

Hope this helps you guys in your assessments!

1. CIES lists him as attacking midfielder player type.
Quote: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund) tops the ranking for attacking midfielders, i.e. midfielders mainly active in two attacking areas.
Source: here

Btw, they estimate him at a whopping € 211M.
User opinion driven estimate is at "up to € 250M" even, see here.

This is Jude's profile: here

As can be seen, he does overwhelmingly good in the attacking departments.
Perhaps intesting for you, he mostly featured as left CM/ LAM over the span of their data collection, which further isolates him from anyone close to his normed ranking points. (It is also why the notion of "stacked midfield at Real Madrid" is rather useless, as his profile is not currently present there.)

2. CIES also lists him as shot-oriented attacking midfielder in their "global rankings of take-on players", i.e. "players who have performed best in the area of take on over the past year", where he's 12th, in midth of world class wingers and forwards. Source: here.
Him and Foden top the list for midfielders; but, again, "collected over a year". With him on an upwards and Foden on a downwards trajectory, you get the point: he's a threat.

Admittedly, Dortmund stress this out, as he's their target man for several high xG book plays, plus a decent chunk of corners. Yet, subtracting that still leaves you with a high impact attacking midfielder - at 19 which is no age.

À propos high impact: This is CIES+Wyscout's normed impact ranking. Two DMs and four CMs ahead of him, old and/or different players types. A 96 compared to Modric's 100 sheds light on how immensely good he is.

TLDR:
Data collected, compared and normed suggest he's among the global elite of attacking midfielders.
His offensive impact as abstracted by CIES metric suggests that as well.
Combined with his age/ expected number of years ahead of him, as well as his uniqueness of left-side-tendencies among the few peers there are, the profile you get makes him the most sought-after player, and rightly so.
And what did we see since then? Jude's been introduced to playing RM in a 4-3-3, AM in a 4-2-3-1 and even on the wing for some minutes, with mild success initially, granted, but came strong and returned to scoring lately. Steep learning curve, strong will, stamina, you name it. Dominator in the making, top5leagues player closest to Modric this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.