g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Wait! You didn't rate Mbappe till this recently. Did you miss the previous world cup?
Actually I you are right. I’ve only ever seen him play amazing for France. Needs to move as he can be even better.

Trex

Actually I you are right. I’ve only ever seen him play amazing for France. Needs to move as he can be even better.
He's brilliant at PSG as well. He's already the best footballer currently. Could he get better, yeah one can always do that. It will be good to play in a more competitive league, the best should compete with the best.

Borninthe80ts

Wait until next year. After everything that he has done in the game, the underestimating of Mbappe continues...
I think every player can have a dip in form or not play to their best but certain players just produce. Weirdly I think it’s the in thing now to criticise to counter act some people hyping up players. Class is class though.

JuriM

It was said before already, that basically all English top clubs wanted him - but none could offer as much of actual playing time as Dortmund did, and the rest is history.

Chelsea now under Boehly is buying as promising players in the bunch and we'll see how they handle that situation.

Trex

I wouldn't have trusted the club to manage him properly. Dortmund for all their faults are good at developing players and he's found himself at a Real Madrid side willing to give minutes to young players.
Fact is Ole wouldn't have played him over Pogba, Matic, and Mcfred. He would have ended up playing U23 games like Amad and Pellistri did.
United can't accommodate integrating too many youngsters at the same time. It would have been easier if he was slightly older like in the case of Hojlund.

Appletonred

He would have singlehandedly transformed our midfield, I remember 20 years ago we were buying world class players such as Veron, Van Nistelrooy etc, its scandalous how far this club has fallen.

troylocker

Fact is Ole wouldn't have played him over Pogba, Matic, and Mcfred. He would have ended up playing U23 games like Amad and Pellistri did.
United can't accommodate integrating too many youngsters at the same time. It would have been easier if he was slightly older like in the case of Hojlund.
Is that a fact?
Looks like speculations if you ask me.

Bellingham already had a full season of seniorfootball as a regular starter and key player on his CV (He was Birminghams best midfielder at 16) when he went to Dortmund, and went directly into to the starting 11 there. It was obvious that this was a special talent.

Both Amad and Pellistri were strange, "random" transfers almost out of the blue. Amad had played a total of 59 minutes of senior football when we bought him. Pellistri had senior football experience, but had been really underwhelming in Uruguay (I really don't understand why we bought him). They also have very different physique: Amad and Pellistri are short lightweighters while Bellingham is 6'1,5'' and a different physical package. Amad had a good season with Sunderland last year, while Pellistri just seems to have no end product (0 goals and 1 assist (against Charlton) in almost 3 years since we bought him) and none of them seems to have potential to become WC or close to becomming important parts of any stop teams anytime soon.

Pogba would be a better example, but different managers and players, so there's no way of knowing how Bellingham to Man United 2020 would have played out?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Is that a fact?
Looks like speculations if you ask me.

Bellingham already had a full season of seniorfootball as a regular starter and key player on his CV (He was Birminghams best midfielder at 16) when he went to Dortmund, and went directly into to the starting 11 there. It was obvious that this was a special talent.
Reports at the time of the transfer suggested that Dortmund offered him a true first team contract (and as you mentions directly used him accordingly) while United offered him a U23 contract with lower wages and no immediate plans to become part of the first 11 but to further develop him first. So Dortmund offered him more money and more high level playing time, that's why he went there.

troylocker

Reports at the time of the transfer suggested that Dortmund offered him a true first team contract (and as you mentions directly used him accordingly) while United offered him a U23 contract with lower wages and no immediate plans to become part of the first 11 but to further develop him first. So Dortmund offered him more money and more high level playing time, that's why he went there.
It was probably a smart choice too, but it is not a fact that he would not have played or be given chances for us.

redcucumber

He would have singlehandedly transformed our midfield, I remember 20 years ago we were buying world class players such as Veron, Van Nistelrooy etc, its scandalous how far this club has fallen.
Every man and his dog wanted Sancho. Hojlund was wanted by PSG. Arsenal were desperate for Martinez. Arsenal and Liverpool wanted Mount. It's not like we don't sign well regarded talent.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
I remember several people stupidly saying Bellingham and Haaland were not good players to buy because they came from Dortmund. Endless discussions on here about how stupid those statements were. I wonder how those people feel about it now.

Josh 76

I remember several people stupidly saying Bellingham and Haaland were not good players to buy because they came from Dortmund. Endless discussions on here about how stupid those statements were. I wonder how those people feel about it now.
It's just people's opinions. Sometimes they are right, and sometimes they are wrong.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It was probably a smart choice too, but it is not a fact that he would not have played or be given chances for us.
As it is fully hypothetical we can't know it for a fact, that's true. We can just go with what happened and that indicates that Bellingham trusted Dortmund the most to develop the right way there.

El Zoido

He’s got a knack for these tap ins. That’s not a criticism in the slightest.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You just know Kane and Bellingham would be playing for us if Fergie was 10 years younger. So annoying.

Nero

Liverpool fans were convinced it was done. Must hurt.

Idxomer

If he were at any other club, I would say this run and his luck won't last much longer. He's at Madrid though, so naturally this run will last a decade.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Could have had two assist if Joselu wasn’t C-tier.

Please keep saving us thanks :drool:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Roy of the rovers stuff...

Seriously though, Real should be easily winning this game.

Missing Bemzema.

Sylar

Forgetting just the goals, he's class with all the other stuff too

RedDevilRoshi

Scratching long fingernails on a chalk board for a Liverpool fan.

The lad is just sensational.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Roy of the rovers stuff...

Seriously though, Real should be easily winning this game.

Missing Bemzema.
Really wish we could have kept him for just 1 more season. Admittedly he started slowing down last season but even at 50% he’s infinitely better than freaking Joselu.

We just need to midfield our way to some trophy this season. Or Vini needs to turn it on and take us there.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
At 16 he was our (Birminghams) best player. He turned 16 in June within 5 weeks was a first team player, and a main one at that. He played 44 games in his debut season for us in the Championship. Some going that.

Am I justified in being his biggest fan the last few years on here?

MassVolto

Supports
Milan
I doubt that because you bought De Beek that summer + awarded plenty of game time to McTominay(49) and Fred(48) and not only that your management is known for handing out high salary to the young&old or unproven coaches like Solskjær.

moodyred

At the moment, issue with United isn't with getting one, two or even three players like Bellingham. It's getting the team to play as a team that is the issue. A Bellingham with the current situation in United could end up like a Sancho scenario.