Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
- City's swarm is so... good that it appears... unnatural... enough to raise suspicions that it's not just fitness offering them absurd propulsion.
It seriously did. I get that tactics and adrenaline explain it but...it doesn't explain De Bruyne turning into the incredible hulk and just running over people with 15 Kgs on him without even noticing...

MDFC Manager

It seriously did. I get that tactics and adrenaline explain it but...it doesn't explain De Bruyne turning into the incredible hulk and just running over people with 15 Kgs on him without even noticing...
I made this comment around the 50th minute i think. Was amazed he lasted nearly the entire game. Beyond suspicious

De Bruyne putting in a big shift, will he last the full 90?

MDFC Manager

On Bellingham, still young and learning and will get better for sure. But his attitude stinks and i wouldn't be surprised if the Madrid fans give him a lot of shit in years to come

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
On Bellingham, still young and learning and will get better for sure. But his attitude stinks and i wouldn't be surprised if the Madrid fans give him a lot of shit in years to come
What???? He was out there running his socks off in extra time, doing all the little things to give us some breathing room, constantly being there for his teammates, being a vocal leader on the pitch

Which part of his attitude are we supposed to dislike?

RoyH1

When Bernardo Silva bounced Camavinga off in a shoulder duel after 70 minutes of play I must say I was surprised. I know Guardiola's training might be the best that ever was, but still

Slevs

likes to play with penises
When Bernardo Silva bounced Camavinga off in a shoulder duel after 70 minutes of play I must say I was surprised. I know Guardiola's training might be the best that ever was, but still
How dare you, Pep is always known for being clean in terms of drugs.

led_scholes

I think I was hearing city fans singing hey Jude by the Beatles. Surely, that was weird with Bellingham playing for the opposite team.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Heh. I thought the same after he flattened Camavinga (might have been Bernardo Silva). Last night was one of the few times I really was suspicious by one teams fitness. It was a relentless non stop swarm that didn't seem normal

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
You think there is such a thing as drugs that make you more physically powerful without it being reflected in added muscle mass?

If he's winning physical contests against heavier opponents, it's not the physique making the difference.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
- City's swarm is so... good that it appears... unnatural... enough to raise suspicions that it's not just fitness offering them absurd propulsion.

- He did an interview with TNT after the game where he stated that the brief and training for this game revolved around a lot of defensive work and working back from much, much deeper on the field as defensive entities first and foremost. He stated it was then considerably harder to contribute offensively because the defensive shape was the priority and he found it exhausting trying to do both jobs due to sitting nominally deeper than usual.
Shows the impact that not being the most dominant team, not sitting on the edge of the opposition box, can have on your attacking contributions. Something that, for instance, Zidane had to do a lot of in Serie A, but is rarer nowadays given the territorial dominance that top teams have just about every week.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Shows the impact that not being the most dominant team, not sitting on the edge of the opposition box, can have on your attacking contributions. Something that, for instance, Zidane had to do a lot of in Serie A, but is rarer nowadays given the territorial dominance that top teams have just about every week.
Real Madrid is a top team though.

I had to keep reminding myself of this as they pulled off a Stoke

TrailMonkey

Strange how some parts of the media are now calling City tired. BS. They were by far the better team last night. Not great up front but their possession and pressing over 120+ mins was as impressive as ever.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You think there is such a thing as drugs that make you more physically powerful without it being reflected in added muscle mass?
De Bruyne looks massive compared to last season honestly. Seriously bulked up his upper body

NoLogo

To me this is a bit weird, I felt at Dortmund he always looked like he had some fire in his belly, a hot head, always ready for a fight. For Real in the last CL round he looked like a bad mixture of Pogba and Rashford.

I haven't watched a lot of Real Madrid games this season, I wonder if the Real fans can shed any light on that? He also started so well for Real, so seeing him like this is a bit weird I have to admit. What happened?

Oranges038

Strange how some parts of the media are now calling City tired. BS. They were by far the better team last night. Not great up front but their possession and pressing over 120+ mins was as impressive as ever.
They didn't look that tired. Half of them looked like they didn't even break a sweat last night. Relentlessly sprinting all over the place. Feels like there's something else going on there.

Compare them to Bellingham who was clearly fecked near the end of 90 mins. He didn't do a whole pile last night, but that first touch and pass in the build up to the Madrid goal was just beautiful.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
To me this is a bit weird, I felt at Dortmund he always looked like he had some fire in his belly, a hot head, always ready for a fight. For Real in the last CL round he looked like a bad mixture of Pogba and Rashford.

I haven't watched a lot of Real Madrid games this season, I wonder if the Real fans can shed any light on that? He also started so well for Real, so seeing him like this is a bit weird I have to admit. What happened?
He definitely had games like that for Dortmund as well, especially when he was overplayed.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
So? Why would we have a problem with that?
I agree. Some have decided he’s a problem player and dislike him. I can’t really understand it, he’s an incredible player. I thought first half he was the one player able to consistently evade the press and retain possession.

Hammondo

They didn't look that tired. Half of them looked like they didn't even break a sweat last night. Relentlessly sprinting all over the place. Feels like there's something else going on there.

Compare them to Bellingham who was clearly fecked near the end of 90 mins. He didn't do a whole pile last night, but that first touch and pass in the build up to the Madrid goal was just beautiful.
They look absolutely dead by the end of it, struggling to keep up with RM attacks. The way they play means they don't run as much as other teams tbh, and tonight they looked knackered. Not why they lost though, they were still totally dominant.

Oranges038

They look absolutely dead by the end of it, struggling to keep up with RM attacks. The way they play means they don't run as much as other teams tbh, and tonight they looked knackered. Not why they lost though, they were still totally dominant.
They lost because of the pressure and they started panicking around the goal, Lunin made some good saves, but they really only had a few really clear cut chances. Everything else was cut backs and crosses to no one with every corner smashed on top of the keeper. Madrid were there for the taking and they blew it.

The pressure the front 5 or 6 players were putting on Madrid for 90 mins + is not sustainable under normal conditions. If they were really tired a few more gaps would have opened up, Madrid had 2 or 3 times in ET where they broke into spaces, that was about it.

Carvahal - that what tired looks like. All that sprinting all game and not one City player looked to be that laboured, breathing that heavily or went down with cramp.

Hammondo

They lost because of the pressure and they started panicking around the goal, Lunin made some good saves, but they really only had a few really clear cut chances. Everything else was cut backs and crosses to no one with every corner smashed on top of the keeper. Madrid were there for the taking and they blew it.

The pressure the front 5 or 6 players were putting on Madrid for 90 mins + is not sustainable under normal conditions. If they were really tired a few more gaps would have opened up, Madrid had 2 or 3 times in ET where they broke into spaces, that was about it.

Carvahal - that what tired looks like. All that sprinting all game and not one City player looked to be that laboured, breathing that heavily or went down with cramp.
Real Madrid parked the bus and defended very very well. A couple of the City attackers didn't turn up but it didn't look like pressure or panic at all, just a bad day against a very tough team to break down. Most of City played really well.