Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

Baneofthegame

Since Ferguson left, how many transfers can you say they have been outstanding success? Bruno is the one that comes to mind. I will think its almost 9 fails for 1 success. Sancho in another system might be killing it
Not many, which is why we have been terrible, our recruitment has been atrocious.

Bruno
Shaw
Zlatan

Have probably been our best signings to date since he left, which is pretty damning.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I’m not saying that he’s correct, or that Bellingham may ever reach those heights, it’s more just that you won’t really get that kind of hype at any other club
Yes, but Guti's view belongs only to himself. It's not representative of the media or former footballers. The most common opinion is that he's probably the most in form player in the continent and most frequent hyperbolic opinion is he is vying with Mbappe and Haaland to be the best. Most of the hype is due to his age, position, complete game, finishing and clutch moments. If he was doing the same at Liverpool or Atletico he would also be getting the plaudits. Do you remember which other player was doing the same at 20 years old?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Shaw took time, for a while under Mou he looked like a dud and waste, Zlatan didn't stay too long just 1 season injury free. but 4 is a very low success rate in 10yrs
Absolutely. To think that the rate could get even worse.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Not fair. Same money spent we’ve got Antony Sancho while Real got Bellingham Vinicius Junior.

Alex the Red

This is the kind of player we used to sign under Fergie.
Now, any sane talented young player, looking at his career, will be foolish not to avoid us.
As much as it pains me, this guy and his parents made the right career choice. Fair play to him.
I agree. I think Bellingham is not only a great footballer but also seems a nice young fella who has his head screwed on and can see that United isn’t the best place to come at the moment.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not sure 'Outstanding success' is how I'd describe any of these four to be honest.
Bruno for sure despite the trainwreck that is Man Utd of the past 10yrs stands out

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Bruno for sure despite the trainwreck that is Man Utd of the past 10yrs stands out
I'll give you him (even though he is not as effective as he was at the start). The others though.....I think the most you can say about any United purchase is that they were a success, and there's precious few you can even say that about. 'Outstanding' success is pushing it IMO

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Goal scoring is additive once you start a scoring streak and you hear fans chant your name, you have a celebration style, You wont want to stop.
I see his future in attack. Goal scorers are hard to find and if you get one who knows how to stick it in, coaches tweak their setup to put him closest to opponent goal. This season might be the 2006/07 breakout Ronaldo transformation season for him or like the 2017 Salah transformation
This is very true. He had tasted the glory of being the spot light of the team by scoring goals, and it will be hard to convince him to play further away from the box in the future. The issue is if Mbappe joins Real Madrid next summer, how will Ancelotti setup the team to fit all the players?

Redfrog

This is very true. He had tasted the glory of being the spot light of the team by scoring goals, and it will be hard to convince him to play further away from the box in the future. The issue is if Mbappe joins Real Madrid next summer, how will Ancelotti setup the team to fit all the players?
I would like us to have this kind of problems !

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Your moniker is A very good example of a player like that who tasted goals and never looked back. Henry went from left winger serving Ikpeba to mediocre LW at Juventus to LW at Arsenal who smelt blood and became CF at Arsenal.
Mbappe is not very comfortable at CF. Maybe Rodrygo drops. And we have Vini-Bellingham-Mbappe. With Belligham false 9. Ancelotti leaves by the end of this season, So might be Xabi's headache

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Your moniker is A very good example of a player like that who tasted goals and never looked back. Henry went from left winger serving Ikpeba to mediocre LW at Juventus to LW at Arsenal who smelt blood and became CF at Arsenal.
Mbappe is not very comfortable at CF. Maybe Rodrygo drops. And we have Vini-Bellingham-Mbappe. With Belligham false 9. Ancelotti leaves by the end of this season, So might be Xabi's headache
This system might indeed have future - play two narrow wingers (Vini and Mbappe?) close to Bellingham who plays as a 9/10 hybrid.

el3mel

Shaw took time, for a while under Mou he looked like a dud and waste, Zlatan didn't stay too long just 1 season injury free. but 4 is a very low success rate in 10yrs
Don't disagree. Was just trying to remember who succeeded here and these 4 are the only ones I can think of. There're other players who were good or not bad (Fred, Matic, Blind, Romero ...etc) but not an outstanding success.

Jam

Mbappe doesn’t like playing centrally, he prefers a free-wide role.

Bellingham prefers central and being in the midst of it, but I definitely see him becoming more and more of a 10 role so there could be some issues with giving both Mbappe the freedom he would demand and also allowing Bellingham free scope in that central position.

georgipep

Bellingham prefers central and being in the midst of it, but I definitely see him becoming more and more of a 10 role so there could be some issues with giving both Mbappe the freedom he would demand and also allowing Bellingham free scope in that central position.
And Vini?

Taribo's Gap

And Vini?
If it's Mbappe, Bellingham and Vini like that, it would probably be the three biggest personalities in the team (if not the sport) occupying those forward roles.

It got me thinking, in order for such a troika to work, does there need to be a clear, established hierarchy among the players? If so, is that something that should be mandated by the coaching staff or developed organically as the players figure it out?

With MSN and BBC, each troika consisted of exceptional players, but there also seemed to be a clear hierarchy because of the quality of Ronaldo and Messi. In each of those groupings, there also seemed to be players more naturally inclined to taking a more subservient role. With BBC, Bale just seemed rather chill and Benzema crafted his game to maximize Ronaldo. With MSN, Neymar was younger and Suarez was a workhorse.

MVB are all big personalities with similar age profiles and they all like freedom, so it'd be interesting to see how it plays out.

Last edited:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

It doesn't matter where Mbappe plays. He will make sure the team and the tactic is tailor make for him to maximize his output in the field before he joins Real Madrid for free. He will also make sure he will be the icon of the team.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
If it's Mbappe, Bellingham and Vini like that, it would probably be the three biggest personalities in the team (if not the sport) occupying those forward roles.

It got me thinking, in order for such a troika to work, does there need to be a clear, established hierarchy among the players? If so, is that something that should be mandated by the coaching staff or developed organically as the players figure it out?

With MSN and BBC, each troika consisted of exceptional players, but there also seemed to be a clear hierarchy because of the quality of Ronaldo and Messi. In each of those groupings, there also seemed to be players more naturally inclined to taking a more subservient role. With BBC, Bale just seemed rather chill and Benzema crafted his game to maximize Ronaldo. With MSN, Neymar was younger and Suarez was a workhorse.

MVB are all big personalities with similar age profiles and they all like freedom, so it'd be interesting to see how it plays out.
I think Vini and Bellingham will likely defer to Mbappe who is a bigger star at this moment

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
This Mbappe sage is gonna blow up in our face. Can just feel it. Ideally he extends and we get another #9 or just try Endrick.

Jude we’ll see how long he can keep this up.

Oranges038

They all just need to be intelligent to understand their roles as part of the 3 and they will support each other well. In the next 10 years they'll win a few La Liga titles, maybe a Copa del Rey or two and some Champions Leagues. It's just going to work.

On the international front they'll have 3 totally different careers. Brazil will win a Copa America or two, probably lose in disastrous fashion at the World Cup, despite being favourites for no reason other than they are Brazil. France will win a European Championship, maybe get another world cup final or 2, Mbappe could play in 4 finals in a row. England will lose on penalties in every tournament and Bellingham will either miss big games through injury/suspension or miss a penalty in a big game shootout.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I think Vini and Bellingham will likely defer to Mbappe who is a bigger star at this moment
I am not sure that the Real circus works this way. If Bellingham keeps performing on a similar level and Vini as well I am not sure if they would so simply defer toa new arrival.

Taribo's Gap

But that could be much closer by the time Mbappe joins, especially depending on how this year goes. Bellingham's star is accelerating rapidly and Vini, having grown from a teenager to the player he is at the club, has a longer tenure and more fan endearment at Real Madrid and is a Champions League winner.

I still think you might be right especially if there is more of a void of senior players if Modric and Kross are gone. But I recall a story of when Mourinho joined Madrid as the biggest coaching star in the world and was touting his Champions League victories, and Ramos just kind of shrugged at him because it was a locker room full of Euro and World Cup winners.

Taribo's Gap

They all just need to be intelligent to understand their roles as part of the 3 and they will support each other well. In the next 10 years they'll win a few La Liga titles, maybe a Copa del Rey or two and some Champions Leagues. It's just going to work.

On the international front they'll have 3 totally different careers. Brazil will win a Copa America or two, probably lose in disastrous fashion at the World Cup, despite being favourites for no reason other than they are Brazil. France will win a European Championship, maybe get another world cup final or 2, Mbappe could play in 4 finals in a row. England will lose on penalties in every tournament and Bellingham will either miss big games through injury/suspension or miss a penalty in a big game shootout.
I don't think it would be wrong to say that they all harbor ambitions to be the best player in the world (maybe less so for Vini, RM fans can correct me). So it would be interesting to see how that ambition is tempered and channeled into a winning formula, and how the players take up that "support" role given their ambitions.

RM have a knack for figuring out how to continue the winning machine, so I'm sure they would figure this out too.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
But that could be much closer by the time Mbappe joins, especially depending on how this year goes.
I don't think it will be even close, unless Bellingham has a prime Messi output/performance, and win the treble this season.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
how the players take up that "support" role given their ambitions.
From a tactical point of view I wonder if a front line of those three would even have such a clear support role? It would lack a focal point and consist of three players who all like to dart inside the box. They could quite evenly share goals and assists among them.

Oranges038

I don't think it would be wrong to say that they all harbor ambitions to be the best player in the world (maybe less so for Vini, RM fans can correct me). So it would be interesting to see how that ambition is tempered and channeled into a winning formula, and how the players take up that "support" role given their ambitions.

RM have a knack for figuring out how to continue the winning machine, so I'm sure they would figure this out too.
The only worry would be that Mbappe and Vinicius tend to occupy the same space, so Mbappe is probably going to have to move more centrally.

Taribo's Gap

From a tactical point of view I wonder if a front line of those three would even have such a clear support role? It would lack a focal point and consist of three players who all like to dart inside the box. They could quite evenly share goals and assists among them.
True. They might then need more creativity from midfield than the current crop provide, with Modric and Kroos gone. Maybe Arda Guler will explode.

Taribo's Gap

I don't think it will be even close, unless Bellingham has a prime Messi output/performance, and win the treble this season.
How would you compare it to Henry's level of stardom when he went to Barcelona? I know Henry was on the backside of his career, but would be interested in your thoughts.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I am not sure that the Real circus works this way. If Bellingham keeps performing on a similar level and Vini as well I am not sure if they would so simply defer toa new arrival.
I recall Rooney was the bigger star pre 2006 and later deferred to Ronaldo after 2007. I don't see Vini having a problem with this. The issue will likely be between Mbappe and Bellingham. Mbappe given how Madrid chased him for years, how he became the DoF in PSG, will be a bigger problem for the dressing room. Mbappe likely will want to take all PKs, do the least tracking back

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
How would you compare it to Henry's level of stardom when he went to Barcelona? I know Henry was on the backside of his career, but would be interested in your thoughts.
He was just a player that joined the most successful team full of superstars with the best coach. Everyone knew he went there to tag along to win the CL. He did contribute of course. Henry if i remember correctly never received any superstar treatment there.

Taribo's Gap

He was just a player that joined the most successful team full of superstars with the best coach. Everyone knew he went there to tag along to win the CL. He did contribute of course. Henry if i remember correctly never received any superstar treatment there.
I see. So despite his reputation, his expectations would already have been tempered before going to Barcelona, whereas Mbappe will go in expecting to be the centerpiece.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I recall Rooney was the bigger star pre 2006 and later deferred to Ronaldo after 2007. I don't see Vini having a problem with this. The issue will likely be between Mbappe and Bellingham. Mbappe given how Madrid chased him for years, how he became the DoF in PSG, will be a bigger problem for the dressing room. Mbappe likely will want to take all PKs, do the least tracking back
Rooney's game was easier to adapt and compensate for a player like Ronaldo to take centre stage.

I don't think Ronaldo's game could take a back seat to anyone else.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I see. So despite his reputation, his expectations would already have been tempered before going to Barcelona, whereas Mbappe will go in expecting to be the centerpiece.
If you believe the current Real Madrid and its players is at the same level of the prime Barcelona with prime Messi, Xavi and Iniesta in the team, then sure.

Mbappe couldn't even get along with Messi and Neymar in PSG.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Not only is he a bigger star but he simply won't accept playing second fiddle to JB or Vini. He's clearly very concerned with being top dog wherever he plays, which can be a good thing but it can also be a very bad thing

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not only is he a bigger star but he simply won't accept playing second fiddle to JB or Vini. He's clearly very concerned with being top dog wherever he plays, which can be a good thing but it can also be a very bad thing
If for some reason Jude game continues to grow and become Ronaldo like in production Mbappe will have to step down or go elsewhere.

Wait do you think Mbappe will rather go to Barcelona than compete for topdog with Jude?

Vini seems on the surface easy going and Benzema type guy

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If for some reason Jude game continues to grow and become Ronaldo like in production Mbappe will have to step down or go elsewhere.

Wait do you think Mbappe will rather go to Barcelona than compete for topdog with Jude?

Vini seems on the surface easy going and Benzema type guy
Or may be he will join Newcastle and compete head to head against Haaland and City in the EPL? Even though it is extremely unlikely.

Taribo's Gap

Or may be he will join Newcastle and compete head to head against Haaland and City in the EPL? Even though it is extremely unlikely.
With a few more additions, he could be the final missing piece for Newcastle. A Crown Jewel for a Crown Prince. I see where your head is.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Front runner for 2024 Balon dor at this point