Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cliff

Has there even been any reports of him being linked to City ?

I know Liverpool have been linked with him and more recently Madrid but haven't seen any reliable reports of City being in for him, seems more like assumption with the links to City.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Here’s my thing on Madrid though: what do you do then with Camavinga? I would think think the long term is to replace Modric next and Bellingham and Camavinga seem very similar to me. Even Valverde for that matter. I could see going for Bellingham ahead of them, but you’d have to think at least one would be moving on.

They also have money issues of their own. They wanted to get into the Gvardiol discussion last Summer just like Chelsea but completely laughed at even 60m, much less the 90m offered by Chelsea.

They are cranking together funding for a run at one of the elite strikers… maybe another run at Mbappe… and are petulant enough about the financial issues involved they are filing official complaints against PSG again.

Then people are also telling me they are going to win the race and fork out over 60m + whatever agent fees, etc for 16 year old Endrick.

They are listed as “favorites” for like 6 players… and I unless The Superleague lawsuit spins out in their favor in a few weeks… I just don’t see how that’s possible.

My guess for Bellingham at the moment would be City. With Foden going out to the wings, they look ripe for an overhaul there. A Jude, Rodri, KDB midfield just seems more likely. City moving on from Gundogan seems more vital than Madrid needing to move the two guys they have for that spot at huge money.

Now, If United are bought by Dubai or whoever … all bets are off.
Camavinga was recently asked what his favourite position is and he said in front of the defence. It would be ideal if he could combine with Tchouaméni.
I guess the idea is a vertical, creative and talented player for Modric's position, not to replace him as there is no one like him (maybe Bernardo Silva?).
Personally I don't see Camavinga that far forward. In any case I have yet to see enough of Bellingham to know if he is what we need, if he has/will have the ability to be the playmaker.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Camavinga was recently asked what his favourite position is and he said in front of the defence. It would be ideal if he could combine with Tchouaméni.
I guess the idea is a vertical, creative and talented player for Modric's position, not to replace him as there is no one like him (maybe Bernardo Silva?).
Personally I don't see Camavinga that far forward. In any case I have yet to see enough of Bellingham to know if he is what we need, if he has/will have the ability to be the playmaker.
I always assumed you guys would come back for Odegaard eventually if he keeps progressing at the rate he has. Is that not even a consideration?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I always assumed you guys would come back for Odegaard eventually if he keeps progressing at the rate he has. Is that not even a consideration?
I don't think so, he asked to leave. He didn't seem comfortable in the team. I imagine he won't want to come back and insisting on the same thing doesn't make much sense on our part either.

ForeverRed1

I know Liverpool have been linked with him and more recently Madrid but haven't seen any reliable reports of City being in for him, seems more like assumption with the links to City.
According to press it’s between city and real. Liverpool too.

acid_fuji

I don’t reallly see place for him with current setup we are playing. Can he control the game and take the ball from deep like de Jong? Haven’t seen that from him but I haven’t look into to him too much in bundesliga.

Rolaholic

Not a big shock but now I'm really hoping Madrid sign him.

Would be a slap in the face seeing him end up at Citeh or Liverpool

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Looks fairly obvious that he will end up at Liverpool. Trent and Henderson been all over him all World Cup it seems.

Real Madrid would have been a good match for him, but I could understand him prefering Klopp at this point. His style would suit them better than City.

nainaisson

I don’t reallly see place for him with current setup we are playing. Can he control the game and take the ball from deep like de Jong? Haven’t seen that from him but I haven’t look into to him too much in bundesliga.
He can do everything De Jong does, and, unlike De Jong, he can defend.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Our chance was when he left Birmingham. Malpractice to not get that deal done.
We even set him up with Fergie. It appears he is a massive Liverpool fan though, not that that should dictate his livelihood

zenith

I really hope we adopt a smarter transfer policy And buy players who suit the system, not just the next big name.

We need a forward, A CF and a RB and need to be smart about our spending

rajds89

It's going to be a real kick in the bollocks if he somehow ends up at Liverpool.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's going to be a real kick in the bollocks if he somehow ends up at Liverpool.
Depends if Klopp stays I imagine.

I'm not sure how I feel about City hoovering up every world class player and becoming the English Bayern/PSG who always win the league. That's equally bad and pretty much where we are.

Last edited:

Josh 76

He’s a 19 year old kid for gods sake. He’s played a season in the German league and had a couple of half decent games in the World Cup against 3rd tier players. Dele Ali and Jessie Lingard were ripping it up in the World Cup 4 years ago.

150m??? 350k a week wages…… I hope Utd stay well clear!

Typical English media going bonkers.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This signing doesn't make any sense to me unless the plan is to move Bruno Fernandes on.

Bellingham isn't best suited to playing a deeper role in midfield imo. The game against USA exposed his lack of ability in that role where some would argue that a player like Yanus Musa was better. So in the next game, Southgate dropped Mason Mount for Henderson, which gave Bellingham more freedom as the most advanced player in a midfield 3, with Rice and Henderson occupying the two deeper roles in midfield.

We should also bear in mind that when comparing Bellingham to the likes of Keane and Vieira, is that they played football in a different era. The Premier League right now has adopted a concept of defending methodically from the front, which wasn't the case in the time of Vieira and Keane. And it wasn't until the arrival of coaches like Brendan Rodgers and Pochettino, that the change in approach was becoming more obvious and would later become widespread with the influx of numerous other coaches in the top flight.

So what we need is a deep roaming playmaker imo, to occupy a deeper role next to the more positionally disciplined Casemiro. And that deep roaming playmaker will be the one who will be expected to provide the craft and guile in midfield, which will help us effectively build play from the defensive to the middle thirds, and also thwart the opponents methodical pressing game by evading/resisting pressure in confined spaces. Bellingham isn't that player but the Argentine lad at Benfica (Enzo Fernandez) might be.

Bellingham would suit Klopp's direct approach and I can see why he'd want Bellingham. But I think for us it would cause a unnecessary headache for a ridiculous amount of money unless the plan was to sell Bruno Fernandes.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Unless he's let it be known we're not for him (or vice versa) then with new owner possibly in by the summer we can't be ruled out

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

Talk on Bluemoon is that he's already said yes to City on a transfer, was a couple of months ago that was claimed.

the_cliff

Talk on Bluemoon is that he's already said yes to City on a transfer, was a couple of months ago that was claimed.
Bluemoon talk a load of bollocks.

I remember they were saying they were signing Messi because he was caught on video asking a Girona player if he was on loan from City.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Looks fairly obvious that he will end up at Liverpool. Trent and Henderson been all over him all World Cup it seems.

Real Madrid would have been a good match for him, but I could understand him prefering Klopp at this point. His style would suit them better than City.
Hmmm there’s one thing a new ownership group loves it’s keeping the entrenched coach who has already been the brunt “burnt out” or “needs a break” rumors for a couple of years. You can’t rule out new owners keeping Klopp, but there is always a “process” if a group spends that type of money to to make it their own. Point being: he has no idea what would await him in Liverpool -> even less than with Chelsea.

City makes a terrible amount of sense to me.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Bluemoon talk a load of bollocks.

I remember they were saying they were signing Messi because he was caught on video asking a Girona player if he was on loan from City.
Think this comes from 1 of their ITK, guy has got a good record apparently.

It makes sense for me that they would go balls deep for him as well, Gundogan and Bernardo will need replaced, actually sold well that summer there making me think they were looking for a big money purchase this summer. Chance to get guaranteed trophies, play for Pep, to link up with Haaland again, just all makes sense unfortunately.

the_cliff

Think this comes from 1 of their ITK, guy has got a good record apparently.

It makes sense for me that they would go balls deep for him as well, Gundogan and Bernardo will need replaced, actually sold well that summer there making me think they were looking for a big money purchase this summer. Chance to get guaranteed trophies, play for Pep, to link up with Haaland again, just all makes sense unfortunately.
Well we'll see I guess. He doesn't particularly strike me as a Pep player but then again neither did Haaland, Kalvin Phillips and Grealish.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Whilst he’s been decent, I think the amount of hype since Sunday is way over the top.
Every came he plays he's class its not just Sunday, the only thing I could say is maybe United can strengthen multiple areas of the squad eg a great RB and great keeper/CB cover for the same money.

If Jude was available though and wanted to join its a no brainer.

United need a ball carrier and Bellingham just strolls through teams.

Seven Seas Sardines

That laughter would be short lived though, wouldn't it.

Rather City than them, but both options are shit and terrible to even think about.
Liverpool need a complete rebuild, and they're ain't getting it by spending £235m on Nuñez and Bellingham. Let's just hope they don't get new owners..

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Whilst he’s been decent, I think the amount of hype since Sunday is way over the top.
I think the game against France is where the hype will either be justified or not, regardless, he will leave Dortmund for a enormous sum of money and I think he's one of the best talents in midfield out there, that much isn't in doubt. If he shows up against France, the hype will be beyond OTT.

Thiagoal

I personally don’t get all the hype with him. Yes he’s played some great games but I think if we signed him we’d have similar issues we had with Pogba. Can’t play in a midfield two and spending years trying to find a position for him.

Cloud7

But I think for us it would cause a unnecessary headache for a ridiculous amount of money unless the plan was to sell Bruno Fernandes.
This is what it comes down to for me as well. Granted I do not watch him at Dortmund, but for England his best work has come in a similar role/similar areas to the ones that we occupy with Bruno, and I can't see either of them not wanting to be a starter, so it does feel like a no go for us.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

I thought not until recently where I heard they were thinking of selling Grealish to free up space/funds for him.
https://www.football365.com/news/ma...ish-to-fund-signing-of-100m-england-team-mate
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...n-city-grealish-liverpool-bellingham-25668798

Not exactly the greatest of sources, I admit!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Yeah it does with fans constantly talking about Liverpool to him. Saw a madrid fan talking about Madrid and don't think he looked too impressed.

Looks Liverpool bound to me, personally not sure United would know what to do with him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This signing doesn't make any sense to me unless the plan is to move Bruno Fernandes on.

Bellingham isn't best suited to playing a deeper role in midfield imo. The game against USA exposed his lack of ability in that role where some would argue that a player like Yanus Musa was better. So in the next game, Southgate dropped Mason Mount for Henderson, which gave Bellingham more freedom as the most advanced player in a midfield 3, with Rice and Henderson occupying the two deeper roles in midfield.

We should also bear in mind that when comparing Bellingham to the likes of Keane and Vieira, is that they played football in a different era. The Premier League right now has adopted a concept of defending methodically from the front, which wasn't the case in the time of Vieira and Keane. And it wasn't until the arrival of coaches like Brendan Rodgers and Pochettino, that the change in approach was becoming more obvious and would later become widespread with the influx of numerous other coaches in the top flight.

So what we need is a deep roaming playmaker imo, to occupy a deeper role next to the more positionally disciplined Casemiro. And that deep roaming playmaker will be the one who will be expected to provide the craft and guile in midfield, which will help us effectively build play from the defensive to the middle thirds, and also thwart the opponents methodical pressing game by evading/resisting pressure in confined spaces. Bellingham isn't that player but the Argentine lad at Benfica (Enzo Fernandez) might be.

Bellingham would suit Klopp's direct approach and I can see why he'd want Bellingham. But I think for us it would cause a unnecessary headache for a ridiculous amount of money unless the plan was to sell Bruno Fernandes.
I agree with this. Bellingham is just not exactly what we need now for us to be spending 150m or even more than 100m unless if we are planning to move Bruno on and change to 433 or midfield flat 3. Bellingham suits to play in midfield flat 3 of 433 or 352 in the role where Pogba played in midfield 3 at Juventus years ago.

We need playmaker to play in the deeper role like FDJ or may be Enzo to suit with ETH's system and the current squad. We already have the defensive midfield who can breakup play or winning the ball back like Casemiro, attacking mid who has end product like Bruno. What we need is that deep playmaker.

Swedish_Plumber

Good young player but feck me you’d think we’d all have learned our lesson about how good players at dortmund look in comparison to how they turn out for us.

The hype for English talent seems to have gone up a level or two in the last couple of years. All the vast overrating of Grealish in the season before his city move was crazy.

troylocker

He’s a 19 year old kid for gods sake. He’s played a season in the German league and had a couple of half decent games in the World Cup against 3rd tier players. Dele Ali and Jessie Lingard were ripping it up in the World Cup 4 years ago.

150m??? 350k a week wages…… I hope Utd stay well clear!

Typical English media going bonkers.
He's 19 and he's already got 112 apps for Dortmund and 20 caps for England. He's been Dortmund's best player since Haaland left by a mile, he's been given the armband for them a couple of times, he's been fantastic in the CL, he's cemented in the England midfield and he's got extreme qualities in both ends of the pitch. I don't know what you expect of 19 year old midfielders, but you don't come by these very often.

If all players followed Alli and Lingard's trajectory the future would look grim, but they don't. They also play in different positions and were a lot older than Bellingham in the last WC.

"All this praise just makes me so mad!!" :lol:
You really are a glass half empty guy, aren't you?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Our chance was when he left Birmingham. Malpractice to not get that deal done.
No it weren’t, he wanted regular game time.

Imagine the uproar if we got Bellingham from the Championship and threw him straight into the first team and he has a few bad games. Most of the CAF would write him off like they do most players.

Status
Not open for further replies.