Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegadrivePerson

Talk on Bluemoon is that he's already said yes to City on a transfer, was a couple of months ago that was claimed.
It seems weird that he is spending most of his spare time for the national team with Trent and Henderson though? You'd have thought he would be hanging round with Foden, Walker, Stones and Grealish?

Pickle85

Whilst he’s been decent, I think the amount of hype since Sunday is way over the top.
Agree with this. He's good but against teams that give him less time on the ball he can struggle imo. I honestly don't think we'd be missing out too much by not getting him.

Tarrou

he’s class

a lot of people just refuse to accept young English players are actually great these days, probably because of years of overrating by the media

take Kane for example, for a few years people were still calling him a flash in the pan

And to a lesser extent Rice, who is no world beater but clearly a very solid player

another thing going on is all midfielders tend to be rated by their ability to play in a midfield two and control games.. but if they can’t do that they get a bit written off… but the game has moved on from 4-4-2 and players with the quality of Bellingham are really important too

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
he’s class

a lot of people just refuse to accept young English players are actually great these days, probably because of years of overrating by the media

take Kane for example, for a few years people were still calling him a flash in the pan

And to a lesser extent Rice, who is no world beater but clearly a very solid player

another thing going on is all midfielders tend to be rated by their ability to play in a midfield two and control games.. but if they can’t do that they get a bit written off… but the game has moved on from 4-4-2 and players with the quality of Bellingham are really important too
He's definitely a huge talent, I just don't think he's the midfielder we need right now. I agree with your bolded bit to a degree, I just think that we actually are lacking in the control department quite significantly. While the Jude types have their own value, we do actually need one of the controllers.

Tarrou

He's definitely a huge talent, I just don't think he's the midfielder we need right now. I agree with your bolded bit to a degree, I just think that we actually are lacking in the control department quite significantly. While the Jude types have their own value, we do actually need one of the controllers.
yeah we do, agree completely

he overlaps with Bruno too much to justify the outlay

El Jefe

As long as we get Enzo or FDJ I could care less where Bellingham goes.

He's a very good player but we don't need to be spending that much on a player when we need a striker.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
We even set him up with Fergie.
I see this mentioned quite often and I really think it's weird how you and many others seem to think that was a great move.

SAF surely is a legend, but he isn't in charge anymore. If you are serious about signing a player, get the manager and DoF to show him around and tell him how he is part of your plans. Getting him to meet an old man who doesn't have any actual power anymore just shows that he isn't part of those plans.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
It seems weird that he is spending most of his spare time for the national team with Trent and Henderson though? You'd have thought he would be hanging round with Foden, Walker, Stones and Grealish?
Yeah, I did think that myself, defo seems to be a massive charm offensive going on from the Liverpool lads.

Only just passing the info on that I seen, and the guys on there do seem to rate his info. I rate the lad so certainly would much rather see him at Madrid than any of our rivals.

GazTheLegend

He's a Liverpool fan, there's no way he signs for us. Given an equal opportunity to sign for us, City or Pool, he'd choose Pool first, City second, and us a far distant third. We should and will be in for him but it's only going to be to drive up the price. He's already chosen Dortmund over us, we should 100% be moving on to other targets first and foremost. But there aren't many players in Bellingham's mould, that Gerrard/Robson sort of player, unfortunately.

Crimson King

He's a Liverpool fan, there's no way he signs for us. Given an equal opportunity to sign for us, City or Pool, he'd choose Pool first, City second, and us a far distant third. We should and will be in for him but it's only going to be to drive up the price. He's already chosen Dortmund over us, we should 100% be moving on to other targets first and foremost. But there aren't many players in Bellingham's mould, that Gerrard/Robson sort of player, unfortunately.
You don't need a midfielder in that mould to have a successful midfield. If we get the other signings right we can have a team that could beat any midfield with Bellingham in it. Whether I trust the owners to do that is another story...

Also, there'll be another top young midfielder come along before you know it, that's the thing with football.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I see this mentioned quite often and I really think it's weird how you and many others seem to think that was a great move.

SAF surely is a legend, but he isn't in charge anymore. If you are serious about signing a player, get the manager and DoF to show him around and tell him how he is part of your plans. Getting him to meet an old man who doesn't have any actual power anymore just shows that he isn't part of those plans.
Bizarre and disrespectful take. Each to their own.

SAF is the GOAT

All our focus should be on Enzo Fernandez because everyone that couldn't bring Bellingham to their club would focus Enzo as their alternative to Jude

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Annoys me that we identified and missed out on him at 16 and now we've likely no chance ahead of some other clubs.

Chief123

The fact we have declared ourselves out of the running suggests his destination is verbally confirmed already.

dinostar77

The fact we have declared ourselves out of the running suggests his destination is verbally confirmed already.
Or that we are priortizing areas where the big money needs to be spend i.e. a striker.

I still think ETH will want to keep some of his budget aside for another shot at FDJ this summer. Some reports from spain have said that xavi wants busquets to extend for another year. Others that xavi wants barcelona to bring in a replacement for busquets. Either way doesnt look like FDJ is the answer for barcelona. So hopefully, we can convince him to come here. He is a midfielder we actually need for ETH system unlike bellingham.

SAF is the GOAT

Or that we are priortizing areas where the big money needs to be spend i.e. a striker.

I still think ETH will want to keep some of his budget aside for another shot at FDJ this summer. Some reports from spain have said that xavi wants busquets to extend for another year. Others that xavi wants barcelona to bring in a replacement for busquets. Either way doesnt look like FDJ is the answer for barcelona. So hopefully, we can convince him to come here. He is a midfielder we actually need for ETH system unlike bellingham.
Really hope that Kobie Mainoo could fulfill this role in a year or 2 and we wouldn't need an FDJ, Jude or Enzo because Kobie is too good

Crimson King

I tend to look at it this way too. I very much doubt he's agreed anything yet, but for that price he's not in our list of priorities.

I think we're still interested but we've just spent big, and signed Casemiro, so unless he decides to stay at Dortmund another year or two we're looking elsewhere at the moment.

dinostar77

Really hope that Kobie Mainoo could fulfill this role in a year or 2 and we wouldn't need an FDJ, Jude or Enzo because Kobie is too good
Is this CAF again comparing a youth kid to a professional elite footballer as has been done with proven right backs and laird?

Regardless of how good Mainoo could be, hes still a kid who needs alot of first team football to develop and make mistakes as he learns. Therefore needs a loan or two where he will play 30games a season to aid his development.

macheda14

There’s no declaration there in that sky news story. It’s just a clickbait report rehashing what we already knows, city Liverpool and real being front runners.

troylocker

Agree with this. He's good but against teams that give him less time on the ball he can struggle imo. I honestly don't think we'd be missing out too much by not getting him.
Have you watched him a lot for Dortmund(I have)? When has he been struggling against teams that give him less time on the ball? There is plenty of evidence he's not struggling with little time on the ball. He's got the perception, intensity, tempo and engine to perform in that type of games. He can play both possession based and high paced counter attacking football. He'd be perfect next to a Casemiro or another good DM behind Bruno or Eriksen.
FDJ would also be a great fit. Different, but great.

sugar_kane

Or perhaps we’re just trying to keep focussed on our main transfer priorities and have opted to rule ourselves out.

Too often we have been spooked into buying players for positions which aren’t priorities thus eating into our transfer budget and setting us back even further.

Clearly Bellingham is class but I can’t say I’m too disappointed we won’t be tying up another very young player in a lucrative contract and spending all of our budget on him.

We need to focus on the positions we desperately need and players who are best for Ten Hag’s system.

Josh 76

Annoys me that we identified and missed out on him at 16 and now we've likely no chance ahead of some other clubs.
Does anyone know how close it was to happen? If it was close, how did Utd feck it up?

troylocker

Is this CAF again comparing a youth kid to a professional elite footballer as has been done with proven right backs and laird?

Regardless of how good Mainoo could be, hes still a kid who needs alot of first team football to develop and make mistakes as he learns. Therefore needs a loan or two where he will play 30games a season to aid his development.
Incredible that people are saying no to proven elite players, because we have totally untested and unproven players in the academy that looks promising.
It's impossible to know how good Mainoo is yet, because he's never played a minute against a halfdecent opponent. We don't even know if he has what it takes to even make it as a professional footballer at the top level, not before he's given a few chances with a first team.

HookedOnAPhelan

He'd cost what, at least £110m? Can't see us paying that considering our other needs in the squad. Nor should we in my opinion, great talent though he is.

troylocker

Does anyone know how close it was to happen? If it was close, how did Utd feck it up?
We fecked it up by not having a great record of giving 17 year olds many minutes with the first team. Same with every top talent. We didn't guarantee him minutes. Very understandable decision by him to go to Dortmund, where he's been starting matches for Dortmund since he signed for them...
Same with Haaland.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
United wanted to sign him for the youth (and offered a contract with fitting wages etc), Dortmund wanted him for their first team, so their offer was financially better and offered a faster path to top level football.

Vapor trail

He'd cost what, at least £110m? Can't see us paying that considering our other needs in the squad. Nor should we in my opinion, great talent though he is.
£129m is listed on Sky Germany article. I don't see City signing him. He's a Liverpool fan although they are somewhat average this season that alone is most likely the reason they are confident of signing him. City and Madrid are the better moves for him competitively.

Some posters previously have also made good points especially Adnan, I don't see how Bellingham is best utilised under ETH's system. The player United need is a strong distributor of the ball a DLP essentially being a more sustainable version of Eriksen. As good as he has been I don't like the age profile of both him and Casemiro. United need younger midfielder to throw into the mix and I saw talk from weak sources about Caicedo being of interest. For 150m the club should target Caicedo and a DLP who can service the midfield over the next decade.

This is why the club need more from the likes of Murtough who has done a poor job on reflection thus far. Hopefully the sale of the club allows the pursuit of a totally new hierarchy including a reputable DOF.

Idxomer

We fecked it up by not having a great record of giving 17 year olds many minutes with the first team. Same with every top talent. We didn't guarantee him minutes. Very understandable decision by him to go to Dortmund, where he's been starting matches for Dortmund since he signed for them...
Same with Haaland.
Greenwood played almost 50 games in 19/20. He was younger at the end of that season than Haaland when he moved to Dortmund.

MegadrivePerson

Our midfield three is likely to be Bruno, Casemiro, Eriksen for the next 18 months at least. Our net transfer spend this summer was over £200 million! it would be madness to sign Bellingham at this point.

Kaos

Sterling was a huge childhood United fan, yet he went on to play for both our most bitter rivals. It means nothing really.

If we're out of the race to sign him its because we can't afford to prioritise him, or he's simply not interested in our project.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Greenwood played almost 50 games in 19/20. He was younger at the end of that season than Haaland when he moved to Dortmund.
There's also a huge difference in physicality and intensity between the premier league and the Bundesliga, most 17 year old kids don't have the physical presences to handle the PL on a consistent basis at that age, I suspect that this is one of the reasons Sancho is having problems, he's not 17 anymore but he looks to be struggling with the physicality and intensity

Rolaholic

He's gotten far too cozy with the Scouser boys for my liking...

Redo91

Where’s all this talk that he is Liverpool fan coming from? His idol was Gerard but that doesn’t mean he supports them. Probably a Birmingham fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.