Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belisarius

Makes me laugh how many United fans overlook this boy. He’s just about to clock 200 games, at top-level, men’s professional football, he’s 19!!

You don’t get the likes of Liverpool, PSG, Manchester City, and Real Madrid after a kid if he’s crap!
Not overlooked. Just don't want anymore big money signings from Dortmund. Bad value! Plus, he had a chance to come here and chose Dortmund over us. Need to start sending a message to all the young English players, if you don't say yes when United asks you, you don't get a second chance!

Rolaholic

Choo-choo?

Put that De Jong obsession to a domestic product from the West Midlands this summer why not? :lol: :nervous:

IRELANDUNITED

It’ll be hilarious if Liverpool actually don’t get him. So many of their fans had already told us he was on the way, particularly fans on TikTok and other amusing streaming platforms :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lex talionis

Not overlooked. Just don't want anymore big money signings from Dortmund. Bad value! Plus, he had a chance to come here and chose Dortmund over us. Need to start sending a message to all the young English players, if you don't say yes when United asks you, you don't get a second chance!
There's something to this. While we all understand the desire for some promising young British talented players to sharpen their spurs at Dortmund and then come to the PL, if United put in a serious offer for you and still tell us to fukk off, then you can go fukk off.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Liverpool will attempt to sign Caicedo imo, and I think we should challenge them for his signature. Caicedo looks a better player in the first phase and not only is he defensively strong, but he's also very good at progressing play under pressure in the build up phase.

I don't think we should entertain ridiculous price tags for Bellingham. I think if Liverpool have walked away, then that's a sensible move.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Would’ve been daft to spend most of our budget on one player, and I’m not convinced he wants to join us when we’re at our lowest point in years.

If Madrid want him they’ll get him, but he could end up staying where he is for another year.

Member 101269

It’ll be hilarious if Liverpool actually don’t get him. So many of their fans had already told us he was on the way, particularly fans on TikTok and other amusing streaming platforms :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
With their budget can the afford anyone?

no CL, no final money etc etc. Their financial reports are going to be a disaster

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's definitely better for Liverpool to go for say, Caicedo and another for the price of Bellingham, but it is funny to see them drop out when Gerrard, Carragher, Trent and Hendo have taken turns getting achey jaw to get him to Liverpool.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There was zero chance Liverpool were getting him this year without Champions League. They don’t have the budget for him and they need to strengthen other areas. He will know full well if they spunked their budget on him, they wouldn’t be competing for anything for a long time with the remnants of a squad they have left.

Sparky Rhiwabon

They're more than likely going to have no champions league football to offer and have an aging core that needs replacing soon. I don't think they're half as appealing for him as they were last summer and earlier in the season when they were blatantly tapping him up
Exactly. It’s more like he’s “cooling” on them

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Liverpool have pulled out of the race to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham this summer.

The England international had been the club’s top transfer target as manager Jurgen Klopp prepares to overhaul his squad after a disappointing season.

However, given the scale of the rebuild required, Liverpool have now decided to channel their resources elsewhere.

The cost of the deal was deemed prohibitive with Dortmund demanding a transfer fee of around £130million with wages and agents fees on top.

That would have taken up a considerable chunk of Klopp’s transfer kitty in a summer when Liverpool, who look set to miss out on the financial windfall of qualifying for the Champions League, need to effectively sign an entire new midfield and strengthen their backline.

Senior Anfield sources have indicated that following lengthy discussions, the deal “stopped making sense” and they felt they couldn’t afford to put all their eggs in one basket, especially with no guarantees that Bellingham will even leave Dortmund this summer or pick Anfield as his destination of choice.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I've got Liverpool mates who've literally been talking about him as if he's already been playing for them for over a year now. First name basis sort of cringe. This would be hilarious.

Walters_19_MuFc

Could ten Hag mold him into the type of player De Jong/Gravenberch was at Ajax?

An attribute that they all shared is their ability to carry the ball, and statistically, no one has made more dribbles per game (2.9) than Jude as a midfielder.

However, Bellingham struggles to control games and keep possession of the ball, and is much effective when running onto the ball or running with it.

I do think; however, at such a young age, if ten Hag was to get Bellingham in the summer, then its certainly something he could work on and mold him into the type of 8 he wants. He literally has every other attribute.

Xaviboy

Going to man city to replace Gundogen. I'd say it's wrapped up and all the deal and they will announce it as soon as season is over just like they did with Haaland deal. They don't mess around when it comes to getting deals done.

Drizzle

I've got Liverpool mates who've literally been talking about him as if he's already been playing for them for over a year now. First name basis sort of cringe. This would be hilarious.
Me too. Jude this Jude that. Sharing photos of hugs with Liverpool players. This is absolutely beautiful.

crossy1686

career ending
Thank God. I was putting you on the negative Nancy list for a second and it’s already huge as it is.
:lol: I hope we sign him but giving Dortmund another £100m for someone unproven in England at the level we want to play at feels like another mistake waiting to happen. Hopefully we finally get a good one of them though!

Amir

There's something to this. While we all understand the desire for some promising young British talented players to sharpen their spurs at Dortmund and then come to the PL, if United put in a serious offer for you and still tell us to fukk off, then you can go fukk off.
I seriously disagree.

First of all, context counts. The reality of the matter is that in recent seasons, United has not been a great place for a young player to develop. Dortmund was. He made a wise choice, and a difficult one - United would have been a lot closer to home and probably would have paid him more money. He should be applauded for his maturity, not seen as someone who told us to "feck off".

Besides, even if it was a case of a young, arrogant teenager telling us to feck off - would you really hold a decision an 18-year-old player made for the rest of his career?

As for signing players from Dortmund, I certainly understand the need to be wary considering our recent signings from there. But it just means we have to be a lot wiser with our scouting and planning. Ruling out someone right away because he plays for Dortmund is just not smart.

Edwards6

So many Liverpool fans claimed they didn't buy a midfielder last year because they've got Bellingham coming like it was guaranteed, wonder what there excuses will be

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
If City don't at least get a transfer ban then what's the point of FFP? Madrid don't need him. So...

JagUTD

Wonder if Dortmund would be interested in Donny. Not as a swap deal but if we agreed to sell him to them in exchange for a better deal on Bellingham?

Donny needs a new club to restart his career and he'd probably do quite well in Germany.

Appletonred

Prefer Utd to offer 75m for De Jong who is superior to Bellingham and more the type of player we need, if he can be persuaded.

Belisarius

I seriously disagree.

First of all, context counts. The reality of the matter is that in recent seasons, United has not been a great place for a young player to develop. Dortmund was. He made a wise choice, and a difficult one - United would have been a lot closer to home and probably would have paid him more money. He should be applauded for his maturity, not seen as someone who told us to "feck off".

Besides, even if it was a case of a young, arrogant teenager telling us to feck off - would you really hold a decision an 18-year-old player made for the rest of his career?

As for signing players from Dortmund, I certainly understand the need to be wary considering our recent signings from there. But it just means we have to be a lot wiser with our scouting and planning. Ruling out someone right away because he plays for Dortmund is just not smart.
It's not out of spite that we shouldn't sign him. It's because if he had come when we first approached him it would have cost us less than 20 million pounds. Now, it will take some enormous sum, likely in excess of 100 million pounds. It would be in the long term interests of our club to make it known that when you have the chance to come here you should take it or you won't get another one. That sort of reputation, once established, would greatly aid us in acquiring talented players at much less cost.

Bondi77

Classic media spew!
They love to latch on to a player and start to create this sort of garbage and in about a months time it will be "Liverpool rejoin the race to sign Jude"

Ady87

Can’t wait to get in to my Liverpool based office tomorrow. ‘Jude’ has been done and dusted for them for 12 months. That is until they capitulated this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.