Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

He wouldn't really bring control though? Doesn't strike me as that sort of player
seems like whenever i've seen him play, he's not afraid of getting on the ball even in the more tighter spaces to help in possession and the control part would actually come from the role casemiro plays. All that said, i don't think paying 100m for him is the best option given the need for a CF, RB, CM and possibly another wing player

RoyH1

I thought Spanish football was skint though?
Madrid isn't really representative for Spanish football though, is it? They're a marketing goliath with the most social media followers of any club in the world. They buy and sell players relatively shrewdly and have been sitting on a pile of money to buy Mbappé which I suppose will go towards Bellingham and a reserve striker of some sort.

saivet

Hopefully one of Tchouamani, Valverde or Camavinga become available.
Don't see it happening. Kroos and Modric can't play all the time and Valverde and Camavinga can cover different positions. Tchouamani is probably the one in the weakest position but are they really going to sell him when they spent so much on him last year? I can't see it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good move from them. They needed that most attacking midfielder for their future. Camavinga and Tchouameni are a brilliant pair but they're the deep pair, Tchouameni to sit and Camavinga to roam with the ball. Bellingham is the attacking 8. Valverde just plays wherever.

GledTheRed

Presume Liverpool allowed Real to do this when they politely stepped aside the other week.

They'll take their Coutinho money elsewhere.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I really thought he'd come to the PL in some capacity sooner rather than later, but no one is saying no to Real Madrid.

But that midfield once Modric and Kroos call it a day already looks ridiculous.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I really thought he'd come to the PL in some capacity sooner rather than later, but no one is saying no to Real Madrid.

But that midfield once Modric and Kroos call it a day already looks ridiculous.
He’ll come to the PL when he’s stat padded his trophy haul a bit.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
You hear that cliche about signing one or two players “sorting a position for a decade”, but Madrid have actually accomplished that with Tchouameni, Camavinga and Bellingham. I mean the dream was to sign one of those for our midfield. Imagine getting all three. fecking hell.

All three are highly technical, positionally astute, and physically robust.

Rojofiam

Wont he be like 26 at that time? Madrid usually sell to us us when the player is (approaching) 30.
I'm pretty sure Bellingham will play in the Premier League one day, and he might not want to do so only in the latter stages of his career.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Marca article says between €100-120m
Cheers. Considering his age and quality as well as the fees Chelsea have paid for a couple of players, €100m would be a good deal for Real. €120m still decent, he's only 19.

Chief123

Marca article says between €100-120m
That’s a massive drop off in price if compared to if it was a premier league club buying. Talk was initially closer to £150m.

If 100-120m euro is the price, thats a lot cheaper than expected.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That’s a massive drop off in price if compared to if it was a premier league club buying. Talk was initially closer to £150m.

If 100-120m euro is the price, thats a lot cheaper than expected.
Chelsea is probably the only club stupid enough to offer £150m and he isn't going there.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I swear since they missed out on Neymar they've just been determined to get every young mega-talent out there.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Just glad he didn't sign for a Prem rival.

I think Mac Allister and Caciedo will leave. One to us and one to Liverpool. With Arsenal potentially going back for Caciedo.

croadyman

Just glad he didn't sign for a Prem rival.

I think Mac Allister and Caciedo will leave. One to us and one to Liverpool. With Arsenal potentially going back for Caciedo.
Which of those two suits us better

Based Adnan

Modric, Kroos, Valverde, Camavinga, Tchouameni and Bellingham

Can't think of a team ever having such strong midfield options

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Which of those two suits us better
As individuals I prefer Caciedo.

The problem with that is I'm not sure how much control we'll have in midfield with Casemiro, Caciedo and Bruno. De Jong would've been absolutely perfect but that ship sailed long ago.

Oranges038

Right so that's Real Madrids midfield sorted for the next 10 years.

You have to admire how they just go for these young players knowing they'll be set in that position for about 10 years

Varane
Benzema
Marcelo
Ramon
Casemiro
Tchouameni
Camavinga
Militao

Doesn't always work out, you have players like Jovic, Odegaard etc. but generally they have been good at getting it right.

Another 3 or 4 CL titles incoming in the next 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.