Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasgow 21

Madrid is the same at that beautiful girl at the nightclub she ( Real Madrid) can scan the room and pick who she wants and the guy ( the player ) goes weak at the knees and says yes.

bosskeano

odd honestly....Tchouameni, Camavinga and Bellingham all seem to be very similar type of players. there is no modric type of player in that group and he was the one who really made them tick.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Where's that City fan who was adamant he was going to them like he was ITK or something?
Maybe it was me.
Bellingham had agreed to join City if the terms could be agreed with BVB. Real distanced themselves from the deal but seem to have re-entered the fray at an eye watering fee that we don't want to pay.
Maybe the thought of him strengthening the team widely seen as their biggest current rivals for CL spooked them?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Maybe it was me.
Bellingham had agreed to join City if the terms could be agreed with BVB. Real distanced themselves from the deal but seem to have re-entered the fray at an eye watering fee that we don't want to pay.
Maybe the thought of him strengthening the team widely seen as their biggest current rivals for CL spooked them?
Ffs. Give it up.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Aged really well.
The point I was making that this was horsesh1t
Have I got it right that he has indicated he does not want to go to an oil money club? Maybe I misheard some dude on Sky.
If he goes to Real it's for financial and/or footballing reasons. He was happy to come to City if the £££ was agreed with BVB but Real have rejoined the race and it looks like he's keen on them. Nothing about him getting on a moralistic high horse about "oil money"
Good luck to him.

Blood Mage

Talented player but I don't get the ridiculous hype around him to be honest. I'm glad we can't spunk a ton of money on him now.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It’s a very good midfield. And if Madrid notice in the next couple of years that it lacks creativity and/or control, they will just sell one of them for very good money and buy someone closer to a Modric type.

macheda14

Honestly do not give a rats when a big player goes to Real or Barca, at least he isn't going to any prem rivals.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Maybe it was me.
Who told you all that?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’d have been shit here anyway. We never get the Haalands and Lewandowskis, we get the Kagawa’s, Sancho’s and Mkhitaryans.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Madrid is a good club and league for him. I think he would have been exposed in the PL at times but La Liga is set up perfectly for his qualities.

RVN1991

Madrid is a good club and league for him. I think he would have been exposed in the PL at times but La Liga is set up perfectly for his qualities.
Really? I'm no Bundesliga expert and have only really seen Bellingham with England and in the CL but he strikes me as more of a box to box midfielder who would be much more adept at playing in a league like England (or Germany), I could be totally wrong though mind you.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Really? I'm no Bundesliga expert and have only really seen Bellingham with England and in the CL but he strikes me as more of a box to box midfielder who would be much more adept at playing in a league like England (or Germany), I could be totally wrong though mind you.
That’s just my take from watching him play for England and Dortmund in the CL.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Was always going to be Madrid. Obvious choice for the player and the club.
But RAWK seems to think he's already in the box for them, i highly doubt they'd get it wrong.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
Gentleman Jim never disappoints!
Not even when I told the forum that Pep was indeed going to City despite many saying that he was a football purist and would only go to United or Liverpool if coming to England or maybe when I insisted that Haaland was coming to City despite the Madrid fan accounts claiming he would be Madrid bound.
It looks like City will miss out on Bellingham and am happy to admit that it looks like I got this one wrong (nothing is settled yet, though) but don't let your selective memory distract you from the fact that I don't have a bad record when I stick my head above the parapet.
If you care to quote other examples of me messing up with "news" please share them.

Gazza

Not even when I told the forum that Pep was indeed going to City despite many saying that he was a football purist and would only go to United or Liverpool if coming to England or maybe when I insisted that Haaland was coming to City despite the Madrid fan accounts claiming he would be Madrid bound.
It looks like City will miss out on Bellingham and am happy to admit that it looks like I got this one wrong (nothing is settled yet, though) but don't let your selective memory distract you from the fact that I don't have a bad record when I stick my head above the parapet.
If you care to quote other examples of me messing up with "news" please share them.
I'm not interested, hence why I didn't quote you, I just find your myopia and willingness to swallow+regurgitate City PR lines quite amusing, and said so. Carry on mate ;)

Abraxas

I'm kind of relieved. The idea of spending ridiculous money on him would have been a very Ole thing to do.

I think he's good but I'm not sure he's as great as is sometimes made out. Yet. It would have been a poor use of funds.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
I'm not interested, hence why I didn't quote you, I just find your myopia and willingness to swallow+regurgitate City PR lines quite amusing, and said so. Carry on mate ;)
Thanks for granting me your blessing.
Means a lot:D

saik

When I mentioned that the our club sale needs to happen quickly for us to start working on our targets for this summer, I was told that Arnold and co won't be sitting there twiddling their thumbs and do feck all.:rolleyes:

Well, if that was not the case why haven't we started making our moves early like RM here has? Doesn't look like we will ever be proactive in the market. It's not like the impending sale has helped things this year either.

I hope the sale issue is resolved soon. It will be a pain in the ass for us to sign players the longer it drags on.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
When I mentioned that the our club sale needs to happen quickly for us to start working on our targets for this summer, I was told that Arnold and co won't be sitting there twiddling their thumbs and do feck all.:rolleyes:

Well, if that was not the case why haven't we started making our moves early like RM here has? Doesn't look like we will ever be proactive in the market. It's not like the impending sale has helped things this year either.

I hope the sale issue is resolved soon. It will be a pain in the ass for us to sign players the longer it drags on.
How do you know what we have or haven't done behind the scenes? Because Real signed Bellingham does it mean that all the other top clubs are run like shit since they didn't sign him? Or anyone else so far for that matter.

Gandalf

How do you know what we have or haven't done behind the scenes? Because Real signed Bellingham does it mean that all the other top clubs are run like shit since they didn't sign him? Or anyone else so far for that matter.
Not saying they won't and it is in fact very likely that Real is where he will end up but I can dig up plenty of articles from 12 months ago from Fabrizio that would have you believe FDJ was headed to United. I am not bothered about this particular signing either way because I don't think he represents great value in that role and I am more than a little suspicious of players from Dortmund with superstar reputations at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.