Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s not. They don’t even play the same position, BVB play Reus at #10.

IMHO Kvaratskhelia is one of the few who can be an improvement on Bruno at #10.
The same Kvara who predominantly plays as a left winger?
Like feck is he an upgrade on Bruno
Upgrade as an individual player? Up for debate, sure. Hence why it was italicised in my post — I’m not a massive fan of Bellingham anyway. It’s just more that I am of the opinion that should we ever sign him; an offensive central midfielder to switch to a 4-3-3 over playing a creative but haphazard no.10 who cannot dribble or retain the ball under pressure would do a lot for this side — specifically in the bigger games. It’ll never happen, granted, I think Fernandes’ future is secured here for an awful long time. I just think if we’re ever buying Bellingham he would be best off in that position as the ‘third CM’ - not in the two.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s not. They don’t even play the same position, BVB play Reus at #10.

IMHO Kvaratskhelia is one of the few who can be an improvement on Bruno at #10.
Cherki is one we should be looking at if we want a classic 10 to replace Bruno. Still very young, and more the profile of a traditional 10. Has vision, dribbling and can score with both feet. He’s been a target for us for a while. Was linked to PSG this January but you know, their boss works for us now.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Cherki is one we should be looking at if we want a classic 10 to replace Bruno. Still very young, and more the profile of a traditional 10. Has vision, dribbling and can score with both feet. He’s been a target for us for a while. Was linked to PSG this January but you know, their boss works for us now.
Shame we couldnt get Cherki when he was 16, now he will be 80M at least in today's market. Cant get hem all though. Don't think we have that money to spend now and can get away with Bruno, however he's got something extra than Bellingham who's just English and started playing form early but won't develop into a truly superstar player.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Shame we couldnt get Cherki when he was 16, now he will be 80M at least in today's market. Cant get hem all though. Don't think we have that money to spend now and can get away with Bruno, however he's got something extra than Bellingham who's just English and started playing form early but won't develop into a truly superstar player.
It depends on the contract situation too. We may well be able to get him for less than that. He’s a quality young player though.

Shinjch

Don't think him and his management team are wreckless enough to risk going to Chelsea. Especially when he will have so many options.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Liverpool, Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea.

It's absolutely dead with regards to us and Bellingham, no links, no nothing. All I need is a link to get by:D

Jeffthered

Would they take £80m and Sancho back for Jude?
Yep. I'd have this.

Jude would be a great, great addition to our squad, would allow us to rotate at least four top central midfielders, all slightly different.. he will bring much needed energy, aggression and a different type of goal threat from the middle of the park. I see him as a replacement / MASSIVE upgrade on Fred, with McTominay staying.

Erik the Red

It's absolutely dead with regards to us and Bellingham, no links, no nothing. All I need is a link to get by:D
Liverpool = struggling and with no CL
Real Madrid = lots of young options at CM, is he needed there?
Man City = risk of FFP sanctions
Chelsea = same issues as Liverpool

If ETH wanted him, I think we would be in with a good shout, but I think we are still after FDJ.

bosskeano

FDJ isn't leaving Barca....Jude is a valuable option because the position he plays and what he offers as a box to box player

Erik the Red

Would they take £80m and Sancho back for Jude?
This is a horrible trade for us. Not convinced I would want to do a direct swap, never mind cash on top. There is a real player in Sancho, and ETH will bring out the best in him. Conversely, I'm just not convinced where we would play Bellingham. Is he creative enough to play alongside Casemiro as the number 8 (with his passing), and would he displace Bruno at 10?. He's a great player at Dortmund, but we play a very different style to Dortmund, and the opposition here typically play a much lower line than in Germany.

Strootman's Finger

HAHA, we have more of a shot than Chelsea. This guy is a generational talent, with the world at his fingertips and the choice of clubs. He's not picking some smalltime wannabe club like Chelsea when the world's biggest clubs are duking it out for him. Not a chance, waste of an article.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
They'll have a job convincing him when he has teams like Madrid and City after him.
Yeah, no doubt. We can only hope RM does not want to spend big on their midfield. Their pull is pretty hard to beat. City has not been spending above what they value a player and Boehly and Co have been overpaying by a lot. There are situations where it could happen, but we are by no means the club that has his attention right now.

bosskeano

This is a horrible trade for us. Not convinced I would want to do a direct swap, never mind cash on top. There is a real player in Sancho, and ETH will bring out the best in him. Conversely, I'm just not convinced where we would play Bellingham. Is he creative enough to play alongside Casemiro as the number 8 (with his passing), and would he displace Bruno at 10?. He's a great player at Dortmund, but we play a very different style to Dortmund, and the opposition here typically play a much lower line than in Germany.
simple answer is Yes. He would be a very good #8 for us alongside Casemiro. His passing, defensive ability and athleticism would be ideal. It's not too dissimilar to what we thought we might have had with Scott and Fred back a year or two ago when they played so well under Ole.

Charlie Roberts

Buy him our new chaotic evil owners!

Show! Me! The! Moneeeeey!
He’s been heavily linked with Liverpool every year he’s been at Dortmund, he already rejected us once after we rolled out the red carpet for him and there’s been no solid links to him since. Sometimes you have to read between the lines and realise he may not be that into Man Utd unfortunately. If the premier league is his preferred destination and if I was Bellingham, I would consider staying at Dortmund for another year, there’s an element of doubt of nearly every big team in the prem atm.

Big_Bro

I thought Bellingham chose not to or play for utd after all kinds of persuasion. Please borrow a leaf from Arteta the way he dropped interest in Mudryk, the club should move on.
Eth should only move for players who would break their limbs to play for the club.

Matt851

I thought Bellingham chose not to or play for utd after all kinds of persuasion. Please borrow a leaf from Arteta the way he dropped interest in Mudryk, the club should move on.
Eth should only move for players who would break their limbs to play for the club.
Not sure arteta dripped has interest in mudryk

footballbite

I thought he was a bit sloppy with the ball today. Didn't stand out as one of the best few prospects on the pitch and not sure he's got the composure for ten Hag.

I really wouldn't mind if he goes elsewhere, especially for the stupid money Dortmund would want and Utd's track record with signing players from Dortmund.

I think Utd should keep their eyes out for someone else.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'm sorry, but he's no where near valued at that. We wanted to pay a considerable amount for him as a 15 year old, if I remember correctly, but he's certainly not developed at the rate people thought he would.

His contract is expiring, but think they have an option for another year and he's openly stated his desire to go to Real eventually.

I'm not sure I'm that convinced with him anymore, I thought his potential was something special when he first broke through, but he's way behind where I thought he'd be.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We need someone who brings composure and control to the midfield and he's not that at all.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
As people rightfully point out, I really don't think he is a Ten Hag midfielder. However, he is a galactico signing the Qatari owners may want.

Status
Not open for further replies.