Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

I doubt were really in for him. First because he'll cost 120M+ that would eat up or budget and the first priority is a striker.

Also he's an advance 8, I'm not sure how a midfield of Casemiro, Bellingham and Bruno would work out. I don't think he's the profile were after.

We're being used to increase the price I'd think.

erikcred

It is funny how the Liverpool pundits have down a complete u-turn on this now. Heard Danny Murphy saying he would rather get Rice and Mount in for about 100 million (good luck with that Danny). The last few years their whole mantra has been how Liverpool are so well run because they know who they want and then wait until they can get the player they have identified. Think it was only this weekend Murphy was talking about he would always choose quality over quantity too. Strange lot.
In this context, Danny Murphy's basically every football forum poster. He just also happened to be an actual football player. Doesn't mean he or really any pundit has meaningful insights into transfer strategy of any club. I wouldn't pay any attention to Keane's opinions on our transfer priorities either.

Loon

:lol:
Have I got it right that he has indicated he does not want to go to an oil money club? Maybe I misheard some dude on Sky.

Devil You Know

I've been firmly against signing Bellingham for a few months now. I didn't think there was a place for him in the first XI of a 4-2-3-1.

But watching Bruno take to the DLP role so well in a 4-3-3, I think Bellingham could fit perfectly into the #8 position that Sabitzer is currently occupying.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We aren't spending 120/130m on him. He is going to a club that has a compltete team.

RoyH1

Have I got it right that he has indicated he does not want to go to an oil money club? Maybe I misheard some dude on Sky.
It'd be refreshing if a young player had that kind of mindset.

HabeasC

Every player is different but given our experience so far of former Dortmund players, very wary

Josh 76

Would love him in the squad. Been playing solidly for Dortmund and England but the price tag will be ridiculous.
You’re spot on.
Playing international football doesn’t seem to be a good yard stick to use when judging a players ability. Maguire is the prime example.

Yakuza_devils

Let him go to City. Bundesliga player only works for City. We have 3 Bundesliga player of the season from Dortmund and all of them failed miserably. Kagawa, Mikhitaryan and now Sancho. Stay clear especially the price tag and English tax.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Let him go to City. Bundesliga player only works for City. We have 3 Bundesliga player of the season from Dortmund and all of them failed miserably. Kagawa, Mikhitaryan and now Sancho. Stay clear especially the price tag and English tax.
You seem to have a point, considering that City are captained by a former Dortmund player (Gündogan), another one (Haaland) leads their line and Akanji made himself a part of the first team which no one in Germany expected when he moved to City as well.

Hammondo

You seem to have a point, considering that City are captained by a former Dortmund player (Gündogan), another one (Haaland) leads their line and Akanji made himself a part of the first team which no one in Germany expected when he moved to City as well.
Probably because of the style of football City play compared to us.

Andersons Dietician

You could say it’s due to them joining a well organised team with a very good manager. Where as United seem to buy these players that don’t suit the system and put them in really dysfunctional teams, where they lose confidence end up not playing and just lose form to such an extent they look a shadow of the player they formally were.

If you do certain things in one league you should be able to do it in another if you have support to succeed. I have no issues with getting anyone from the Bundesliga but we are still quite dysfunctional and have parts that don’t fit what many think would be ETH’s preferred system. You would hope any purchases now would be done with a vision in mind as to what the finished article will look like and if Jude is a part of that and Sancho isn’t then so be it.

However if City had let’s say bought the Bundeliga player of the year version of Kagawa, Miki and Sancho over Grealish I feel pretty confident those players would be thriving there. It is as much on United as it is the individuals as to why they failed.

Boavista

I don't think any of those players were ever voted Bundesliga player of the season? Seems to be a persistent misconception on here

Yakuza_devils

They also have De Bruyne and used to have Sane.

cyberman

They also have De Bruyne and used to have Sane.
They also have players from Villa, Bournemouth, Leicester and Everton.
It means nothing when you can just take players out when they’re not playing well and replace them with top players.

Yakuza_devils

They also have players from Villa, Bournemouth, Leicester and Everton.
It means nothing when you can just take players out when they’re not playing well and replace them with top players.
The point was thier success rate for signing player from Bundesliga is very high compared to us. Their percentage is like almost 100% success compared to us 0%.

cyberman

The point was thier success rate for signing player from Bundesliga is very high compared to us. Their percentage is like almost 100% success compared to us 0%.
That’s because they take players out and you dont hear from them for 4 months! It’s why Sancho gets away it with it (per Jamie’s tweet) because we have Rashford out there. Antony gets a lot of criticism because he’s the only one out there and has to play every week.
It’s not what league they’re from or how they’re signed, it’s just so hard to judge players when they have the squad depth they have. I’m not just saying that about Bundesliga players, it’s every layer they have. They could win a treble and Foden has been nowhere yet you won’t, or need to. Hear a word about it

Yakuza_devils

That’s because they take players out and you dont hear from them for 4 months! It’s why Sancho gets away it with it (per Jamie’s tweet) because we have Rashford out there. Antony gets a lot of criticism because he’s the only one out there and has to play every week.
It’s not what league they’re from or how they’re signed, it’s just so hard to judge players when they have the squad depth they have. I’m not just saying that about Bundesliga players, it’s every layer they have. They could win a treble and Foden has been nowhere yet you won’t, or need to. Hear a word about it
De Bruyne came in straight away became their best player. The same with Haaland this season as their best striker. Gundogan if not due to injury would also straight away become one of the important player in the team. Sane was also one of the important player in the squad. Overall they're doing very well with players from Bundesliga without any integration period. I agree that maybe City has the squad depth or proper football structure to integrate new players that make the difference.

However, for Man Utd it was total failure even after giving the players 2 or 3 years to get used to the league. Maybe it was due to our negative football for the last decade. Hopefully it will be different under ETH.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
However, for Man Utd it was total failure even after giving the players 2 or 3 years to get used to the league.
Just wondering if this might be United's problem - assuming that the player need to adjust to the league, while in fact there are differences between the former clubs and United itself that are the problem?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
One of the big dipper accounts on Twitter seems to think he’s still told them he wants to join and Fjortoft is lapping it up

Bwuk

He’ll end up at City.

Gundogan is leaving in the summer apparently. Replaces him. Gets another young top tier talent in their squad for the future.

Id be amazed if this doesn’t happen. Midfield 3 of Rodri, Bellingham & KdB is cheating.

croadyman

He’ll end up at City.

Gundogan is leaving in the summer apparently. Replaces him. Gets another young top tier talent in their squad for the future.

Id be amazed if this doesn’t happen. Midfield 3 of Rodri, Bellingham & KdB is cheating.
Rest of league may as well lie down,so hoping there is actually legs to Madrid stuff

NoPace

Replacing Modric seems like a bad idea, but it's Madrid, and he'll have Valverde, Camavinga and Tchouameni to do all the hard work in midfield and let him try to create in attack, so it's a nice fit tactically.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Replacing Modric seems like a bad idea, but it's Madrid, and he'll have Valverde, Camavinga and Tchouameni to do all the hard work in midfield and let him try to create in attack, so it's a nice fit tactically.
Madrid definitely go from a highly technical to a highly physical midfield. I assume one of the four mentioned will be gone soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.