Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC89

He's a right moany twat then things don't go his way. Don't think that would be overly problematic, though
I don't really see this as a problem, unless he does an Mbappe and stops trying because of it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Likely to stay longer at Liverpool than the likes of Ancelotti, Guardiola, even Ten Hag at their current club I'd say.
Sure but that’s another point altogether. My point is that Bellingham would probably get a season or two under Klopp so it’s not like we’d see a huge development arc.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Sell Fernandes, get FDJ and Bellingham next summer, midfield three of those two with Casemiro. :drool:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Can they afford him?
From a transfer fee perspective I don't think he'd be a problem for us, thing is we won't be offering him something like £300k per week which other teams might.

AussieDevil

He is a huge talent, probably top 10 in the world in terms of talent coupled with production.

He is a really complete midfielder, on the ball he can pick out a pass, has a great through ball on him, has shown signs that he can be very effective at carrying the ball through the middle, but also in defence he was Dortmunds best in terms of tackles, interceptions and blocks. He is as complete a midfielder as you can find and only still 19.

Casemiro, Bellingham and Bruno looks a class midfield.

AussieDevil

From a transfer fee perspective I don't think he'd be a problem for us, thing is we won't be offering him something like £300k per week which other teams might.
There is no way you'd be able to get him without giving him 250k minimum. United, City and Chelsea will all be barking around.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
There is no way you'd be able to get him without giving him 250k minimum. United, City and Chelsea will all be barking around.
Which is likely why there are reports that we've been in contact with Dortmund this summer to try and wrap up a deal right now for January / next summer (like we did with Keita), but I doubt Dortmund are that foolish to agree to such a thing. He could have a great World Cup and elevate his value even further. Even if he has a bad season right now there'll be plenty of interested teams next summer anyway.

Of course we already "broke" our wage structure with Salah's new contract so I'm not sure anymore whether we wouldn't be willing to give Bellingham £250k. Still seems unlikely to me though.

AussieDevil

Which is likely why there are reports that we've been in contact with Dortmund this summer to try and wrap up a deal right now for January / next summer (like we did with Keita), but I doubt Dortmund are that foolish to agree to such a thing. He could have a great World Cup and elevate his value even further. Even if he has a bad season right now there'll be plenty of interested teams next summer anyway.

Of course we already "broke" our wage structure with Salah's new contract so I'm not sure anymore whether we wouldn't be willing to give Bellingham £250k. Still seems unlikely to me though.
Yeah I can really see him coming good in the World Cup and suddenly his price goes from 100m to 130m. A lot depends on how the season plays out, for all we know Liverpool and United might fall short of the top 4 and City may implode with Pep resigning and next thing you know all our clubs are out of the running.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Is all the noise regarding him being nailed on for Liverpool next season legit or is it being led by fan sites and wishful thinking only?
Everything points to us having put all our eggs in the Bellingham basket for midfield.

Which is great, until Madrid comes calling and reminds our transfer team that we aren't as willing to pay big fees and big wages as some other clubs. I think there is a good chance we'll be left with an eggless basket next year.

cyberman

Yea I agree, I am not sure whats supposed to be so impressive about him.
I keep seeing Dortmund midfield getting overran and he doesn’t do much for England when he plays but he doesn’t get any of the blame.
In fact, him having a go at his teammates as he fails as well is somehow seen as a positive. I remember Rangers last year when he was as bad as anyone and he was insulting everybody around him.
Seems entitled imo

CM

I think Bellingham is likely Liverpool bound next summer. They're already in need of a midfielder but their stance for this window makes it seem as though they're prepared to go big for one next summer, and Bellingham will be off at that time too.

Bellingham is a good player but I think our preference is (rightly) to go for someone of de Jong's profile next summer. I have no doubt that in years gone by Bellingham would've been one our top targets because he's a name, I'd like to think we will now operate smarter and prioritise the balance of the team over shoehorning as many of these guys into the team as possible. The only way I think this could make sense for us is if we moved to a 4-3-3 and signed him in addition to a deep lying playmaker, but I don't think we're likely to do that.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think Bellingham is likely Liverpool bound next summer. They're already in need of a midfielder but their stance for this window makes it seem as though they're prepared to go big for one next summer, and Bellingham will be off at that time too.

Bellingham is a good player but I think our preference is (rightly) to go for someone of de Jong's profile next summer. I have no doubt that in years gone by Bellingham would've been one our top targets because he's a name, I'd like to think we will now operate smarter and prioritise the balance of the team over shoehorning as many of these guys into the team as possible. The only way I think this could make sense for us is if we moved to a 4-3-3 and signed him in addition to a deep lying playmaker, but I don't think we're likely to do that.
He’ll sign for Madrid

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Priority #1 for Tito Flo next summer apparently

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
@devilish
What do you think of him? The next Ross Barkley?
I am not really an expert of German football and I haven't actually followed him enough to determine whether he is doing well or not. However here is my take.

In favour of Jude Bellingham

From the little I think that Bellingham is quite promising. He is also quite versatile which means he can develop into anything from a Carrick style of DM to a deep lying playmaker right to box to box and an AM. He's also young which is quite handy considering that most of our CMs are heading to the wrong side of its 20s early 30s, he's British which is handy considering the homegrown rules and we can quite market him to high heaven. So at the right price he's a must have.

Against Jude Bellingham

Unfortunately Dortmund will take us to the cleaners. That wouldn't be necessarily an issue if he was the icing at the cake in an already strong team or if our DOF can recoup money from the outs + he can find a bargain or two. That won't happen unless we sack Murtough only to replace him with someone with brains. Therefore we look set to be rinsed in almost every position we make which will happen many times considering that we need at least a RB, a STK and possibly another GK as well. I can also see ETH going for Timber again as Maguire is painful to watch in a high line.

Conclusion

Ideally we sack Murtough, we bring in a DOF who knows what he's doing (Edwards? Rangnick? Paratici?) and he decides with the manager what is our next course of action. A top DOF would probably recognise the challenges at hand and would want ETH to work more on Garner, Hannibal and Zidane to turn, at least 1 of them, into decent players. That would rejuvenate the team, it would allow us to sell squad players like VDB, Fred and McT which in turn might allow us to go for that special player on crazy money (Bellingham?). We don't have that

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not a massive fan. Still don’t think he’ll end up with a set position. Positionally ambiguous players aren’t it for me

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Everything points to us having put all our eggs in the Bellingham basket for midfield.

Which is great, until Madrid comes calling and reminds our transfer team that we aren't as willing to pay big fees and big wages as some other clubs. I think there is a good chance we'll be left with an eggless basket next year.
Bellingham will want to come back to premier league though especially as he's not established himself in England team yet.

Bellingham to Liverpool and Rice to Chelsea next summer look nailed on transfers.

GlasgowCeltic

seems like a moments player, can see him getting some stick in the Prem for not "taking games by the scruff of the neck"

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
i do see him at Liverpool next summer as a long term Henderson replacment, if they don't move for anyone this summer it will be telling i think as they seem to play the long game over their transfers. Madrid are of course the big unknown, Perez has name dropped him and he would suit as a long term Kroos successor and they would beat Liverpool on wages. I just not sure of him, English players of the current generation seem to go off the boil when the big contracts come in so his mentality will be the big question mark.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
His name is begging for it. If he really becomes a Liverpool player I already know what to call him with.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Surely you‘ll need a Benzema replacement at some point? Although highly dynamic I think it very interesting to replace a midfield of Casemiro/Modric/Kroos with Tchouameni/Camavinga/Bellingham.

Not saying this woudn’t work but an interesting approach most certainly.

Reactions: Cheimoon

BerryBerryShrew

I'd be shocked if a young Englishman would choose to spend his career away from the best league in the world in his own home country, especially given he's never experienced it yet. He's pretty much the only coveted player in world football currently playing outside of the PL who would choose us or Liverpool over Madrid I reckon.

TheReligion

Abusive
Liverpool won’t get a free run at him and I’m not sure they have the financial muscle to beat the competition.

Conor

He is a huge talent, probably top 10 in the world in terms of talent coupled with production.

He is a really complete midfielder, on the ball he can pick out a pass, has a great through ball on him, has shown signs that he can be very effective at carrying the ball through the middle, but also in defence he was Dortmunds best in terms of tackles, interceptions and blocks. He is as complete a midfielder as you can find and only still 19.

Casemiro, Bellingham and Bruno looks a class midfield.
One of the most overrated players on the planet. Stay well away
This is what drags me back to the transfer forum.

Trequarista10

Yea I agree, I am not sure whats supposed to be so impressive about him.
90 appearances for Dortmund at 17-18 alone is impressive. Including Birmingham and England too, nearly 150 professional appearances before his 19th birthday.

For context, he's younger than Zidane Iqbal who got rave reviews on here for a couple pre-season games, and he's still about 9 months younger than Paul Scholes was when he made his professional debut.

bosskeano

Apparently there is already an agreement in place for his move to Anfield next summer so you know Klopp is working his contacts back at Dortmund

he's a ready made replacement for Henderson. I'd prefer Frenkie to Jude but we won't stand a chance at either if we don't finish in the top 4

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Think he's nailed in for Liverpool. Get the same vibe as Sancho to United. It was always going to happen just a matter of when.

AussieDevil

Think he's nailed in for Liverpool. Get the same vibe as Sancho to United. It was always going to happen just a matter of when.
I think it comes down to how they go this season. I can see them collapsing and Klopp on his way out

In Rainbows

90 appearances for Dortmund at 17-18 alone is impressive. Including Birmingham and England too, nearly 150 professional appearances before his 19th birthday.

For context, he's younger than Zidane Iqbal who got rave reviews on here for a couple pre-season games, and he's still about 9 months younger than Paul Scholes was when he made his professional debut.
People really need to put his performances into that context. I've seen him play for England's youth teams a few times, and he was more impressive than Musiala, Dembele, Elliot, etc... and not because of some physical element.

Status
Not open for further replies.